Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248836 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7095 on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »
My founder and his first housemate were very low on starting funds and couldn't afford to lay down a foundation beyond a tiny box. Poo. And it rained before I got the funds to do anything extensive. The front-center of the lot was affected, but the sides and back weren't. I also saved the wall sets I used before it crashed, so I can pick up the pieces.

A piece of good news is that I heard that the fortune teller career had no ops, and I learned that's totally wrong. My fortune-telling founder got an op to read a book for work. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7096 on: February 08, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
There are a small handful of opps but it depends on which branch you go I heard.  Good luck with the build.  And just remember the rain problem effects more than just your home lot.  You could crash after renovating one of your properties too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7097 on: February 08, 2013, 03:47:01 PM »
I have had an interesting thing happen.

The school bus has failed to arrive, even after I get the message that it'll be coming at 8am.

It has happened each day this week (all three of them are in high school now).

I've clicked on each of them and the school and the option to go to school is active and so I've been able to manually send them to school without a drama. My teenage witch rides his broomstick, my ex imaginary friend rides the vacuum cleaner and my gen 2 heir goes in his limo (he's at celeb level 4).

Does anyone have any suggestions for me beyond restarting the game/computer and cleaning the caches?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7098 on: February 08, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »
I have had an interesting thing happen.

The school bus has failed to arrive, even after I get the message that it'll be coming at 8am.

It has happened each day this week (all three of them are in high school now).

I've clicked on each of them and the school and the option to go to school is active and so I've been able to manually send them to school without a drama. My teenage witch rides his broomstick, my ex imaginary friend rides the vacuum cleaner and my gen 2 heir goes in his limo (he's at celeb level 4).

Does anyone have any suggestions for me beyond restarting the game/computer and cleaning the caches?

That happened in my Baby Boomer file too. I have no idea what to tell you, I just manually sent them to school.

A piece of good news is that I heard that the fortune teller career had no ops, and I learned that's totally wrong. My fortune-telling founder got an op to read a book for work. :)

I had a Sim in the Scam Artist branch and I don't remember if he had chosen that branch yet, but I think he hadn't, when it seemed like every other day he had an opportunity to read a book. He had at least three from that.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7099 on: February 08, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
I'd probably get by on cooking and gardening ops if I needed to. The career has limited hours, even early on, which makes promotions so much harder (and his boss will probably die soon). :(

Can you acquire multiple fridges from the culinary career by putting multiple sims in it? Or does the game only allow one no matter how many five-star chefs you have? One of the live-ins wants to take it up, and while it won't be a unique career for any immortal, I might put my second generation there after ambrosia to keep her out of my hair. And some future spouses might end up there for all I know.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7100 on: February 08, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »
I'd probably get by on cooking and gardening ops if I needed to. The career has limited hours, even early on, which makes promotions so much harder (and his boss will probably die soon). :(

Can you acquire multiple fridges from the culinary career by putting multiple sims in it? Or does the game only allow one no matter how many five-star chefs you have? One of the live-ins wants to take it up, and while it won't be a unique career for any immortal, I might put my second generation there after ambrosia to keep her out of my hair. And some future spouses might end up there for all I know.

I had three in Artie's house but it seems to be one per chef. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #7101 on: February 08, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »
My current dynasty, linked in my sig, is moving along rather smooth and quick, but I have a question.

This almost happened (Thankfully I am a boss when it comes to double checking), I added a trait when I did a Mid-Life crisis on a live in, and it didn't take for some reason. Thankfully, I double checked and re-added the trait before clicking okay, but f it DID glitch, would one be able to use testing cheats to AT least put a trait that the sim had by default in there?

As in: The sims original traits are

"Good, Family Oriented, Artistic, Absent Minded, and Ambitious", then you do a mid life crisis and intend to make them "Evil, Artistic, perfectionist, Savvy Sculptor, and Photographer's eye." Photographer's eye fails to take, due to a glitch, could one at least use Testing cheats to re-add Ambitious for example?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7102 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
Yes you can use the cheat to place one back in that should be.   You just can't use the cheat to give a 5th trait to someone that EA only gave 4.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7103 on: February 11, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
This is getting frustrating!  I have spent a total of four hours in two attempts to build a house for the Brauns, and it has crashed just after I finish it and hit save both times. I would like to A: Ask if anyone has solutions, or an explanation
And B: If no one has either, could I build it in a fresh file and place it on the lot?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7104 on: February 11, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
A:  It's because of a rain glitch.  Some people have better luck doing it without a foundation so try that.  Also try different locations perhaps as it may be one small spot that had a puddle on it sometime before.

B: not an option at this time.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7105 on: February 11, 2013, 05:09:09 PM »
A:  It's because of a rain glitch.  Some people have better luck doing it without a foundation so try that.  Also try different locations perhaps as it may be one small spot that had a puddle on it sometime before.

B: not an option at this time.

It has only rained once, I was not using a foundation (I never do).  Does this mean that anywhere that had a puddle on it is no longer usable?

Fausta Legacy

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7106 on: February 11, 2013, 05:18:24 PM »
It's somewhat inconsistent. I was able to build a ground floor on a foundation anywhere on my lot without crashing, but not a second floor (and I needed a second floor, so it was time for yet another attempt). My best advice is to test out building part of a shell and seeing what won't crash when you save.

Does snow affect this by any chance? My current attempt has rain and hail disabled, but not snow.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7107 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
As far as I know the issues is the actual puddles not clearing even though the game says it is.   

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7108 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
I build underground. I never build windows on my houses, so it isn't as though they are missing out on the view or anything like that. :D

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7109 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
So now at some point, my entire lot has had the structure "Built" on it. I managed to save, but it was only a 10 x 10 Space, the rest won't allow me to build on it at all  :o

I don't know what to do...

Fausta Legacy

anything