Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248687 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7065 on: February 04, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
I decided to have a try at this but so far have started over repeatedly, mostly due to technical issues that seem to be plaguing me, namely I can't build on the Riverview dynasty lot without it crashing when I try to save, I've tried clearing caches, staring over from scratch and nothing has helped.

My first try I got my sim to her elder birthday and it was saving fine but I left certain things way too late so decided to start over, since then I've barely got to week 2 if that.

After some research I think I might have found the problem and the solution but I need the okay to do it, In my first go I had turned rain off, since then I haven't, the crashes only happen after I build anything then save and a search found this help thread.
EA Answers

Crinrict says it might be due to unpurged raindrops and to bulldoze the lot, well I tried this in a copy of my game and built a small house then saved, it worked so i'd like permission to evict my family bulldoze the lot then put them back so I can finally give them a roof over their heads instead of starting over once more. I am so tired of doing the same week over and over again  :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7066 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »
When it comes to the building crash, we haven't let anyone bulldoze the lot yet.    The answer is always to try building something different.   Foundations and second stories seem to be the worst of it.   

By turning off the rain you have disqualified that file.    (Misread what you said)  If you do a different riverview in a restart it is not guaranteed that that lot will give you the same issues.  I never have the same issues on the same lot if I truly start with a new game.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7067 on: February 04, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
Okay but if I do restart and then turn off the rain straight away I'm okay?

I have never had this problem before the last couple of days, in my first file on that same lot I had foundations, two floors and a basement. Since then an 8x10 box with no foundation crashes it. But as a general rule I do turn rain off as it seems to rain far too much for my taste, only I forgot too, then forgot again when I restarted each time  ::) Now I know that might be my problem perhaps I shall remember in future.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7068 on: February 04, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
Yeah go ahead and restart.   You can restart in a dynasty unlike challenges.  Go ahead and start over.  Make sure the first thing you do is weather options and then place your buildings.  Make sure it's a fresh start not one with buildings already placed.  Otherwise you are literally saving the problem lot over and over. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7069 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »
Thanks Rica, yes I did start a fresh town each time that's why it was more annoying that it kept happening. Lets see how many days it can chop off her age this time then, maybe I'll get lucky and she wont lose any.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #7070 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »
As far as I know it's okay as far as the rules but may not actually be possible to do. For some reason I don't think you can put harvested produce in the family inventory.

I've usually left them on the floor of a locked room, or just passed them out to my immortals as they grow.

I've done it before, but it's kind of a pain.  I put the produce on the floor or ground somewhere, and then go into buy mode, open up the family inventory, and slide it from the ground into the family inventory.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7071 on: February 04, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
Crinrict says it might be due to unpurged raindrops and to bulldoze the lot, well I tried this in a copy of my game and built a small house then saved, it worked so i'd like permission to evict my family bulldoze the lot then put them back so I can finally give them a roof over their heads instead of starting over once more. I am so tired of doing the same week over and over again  :(

Oh my gosh! Finally an answer for why it's happening! And so easy to turn off rain at the start of the file, though quite a pain if you haven't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7072 on: February 04, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »
Hi, there are... a lot of pages of comments, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Are same-sex couples allowed? I realize there's no other legal way for them to have an heir (since impregnation by a non-spouse sim/divorce/remarrying are banned), but it seems a shame to completely not allow same-sex couples at all.

A natural pregnancy would be possible without mods by editing the gender of one of them in CAS (via testingcheatsenabled) before woohoo, and then switching back after the birth. That wouldn't have any effect on the game that would give an unfair advantage (no aging changes, no mods, no benefit other than them being able to reproduce). The only thing I can think of is that it would be unfair for a player to be able to pick and choose who gets pregnant based on convenience--but this could be solved by a simple rule as to whether it must be the spouse or the heir that gives birth in that situation, or being required to choose at the wedding and never switch. Furthermore, it would still obviously be mandatory for the final heir to be female to avoid deviation from the rules/unfairness.

Would this be okay, or would doing it get me banned from the hall of fame (if/when I finish)?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7073 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:52 PM »
Hi, there are... a lot of pages of comments, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Are same-sex couples allowed? I realize there's no other legal way for them to have an heir (since impregnation by a non-spouse sim/divorce/remarrying are banned), but it seems a shame to completely not allow same-sex couples at all.

A natural pregnancy would be possible without mods by editing the gender of one of them in CAS (via testingcheatsenabled) before woohoo, and then switching back after the birth. That wouldn't have any effect on the game that would give an unfair advantage (no aging changes, no mods, no benefit other than them being able to reproduce). The only thing I can think of is that it would be unfair for a player to be able to pick and choose who gets pregnant based on convenience--but this could be solved by a simple rule as to whether it must be the spouse or the heir that gives birth in that situation, or being required to choose at the wedding and never switch. Furthermore, it would still obviously be mandatory for the final heir to be female to avoid deviation from the rules/unfairness.

Would this be okay, or would doing it get me banned from the hall of fame (if/when I finish)?

It'd be impossible, Edit in CAS is not allowed as it can reset ages. You can have a same-sex couple at any stage if you wish, but obviously they couldn't create a heir since there is no legal way to change gender, and no legal way for a male to give birth.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7074 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »
Tilia's fourth generation had a same-sex partner. She also had a live-in baby daddy. Note that the rules say that the heir's biological parents have to live together, not necessarily be married or even romantic beyond what's needed to try for baby.

Same-sex couples aren't banned, they just have to jump through hoops. It will become rather impractical to have a same-sex partner living in the house in later generations, but hey, that's what crafty arrangements are for.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7075 on: February 04, 2013, 11:45:04 PM »

Are there any rules specifically forbidding divorce/remarrying? Although it would be rather inconvenient to have the ex-spouse living with the immortal and his/her new partner, as long as the biological partner is in the household, I don't think there are any rules against remarriage.

As Trip pointed out, the sims don't have to be married so long as both biological parents are in the house. Tilia managed this in her dynasty.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7076 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:22 PM »
Ooh, okay, I must have misread that. I thought you could only move-in someone that was married to an immortal.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7077 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:26 PM »
Ooh, okay, I must have misread that. I thought you could only move-in someone that was married to an immortal.

Don't worry, they don't have to be married--most dynasties move in plenty of helpers, although a few superheroes (like the Dreamweavers) only have spouses and Immortals!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7078 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »

I think you're confusing dynasties.  Immortal dynasty is people within the household.  Townie DecaDynasty is two people within the household.   Life States Dynasty - you're only allowed to move in a spouse and that has to be the other parent of the children.

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7079 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:44 PM »
I think you're confusing dynasties.  Immortal dynasty is people within the household.  Townie DecaDynasty is two people within the household.   Life States Dynasty - you're only allowed to move in a spouse and that has to be the other parent of the children.

That's exactly what I did, thanks for the help. :) That's what I get for reading all the Dynasty instructions within a short time period.

anything