Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248506 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7035 on: January 31, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »
My 6th generation decided to go and have twins >:( is this the end of my dynasty or am I allowed to go back and see if she has a single birth? Unfortunately the firstborn was a girl so no elder babies once the twin dies.

Will the dad be close to dying by the time the heir can have generation 7? I'm just thinking that, if you have 5 Immortals, 1 Dad, 2 twins . . .
If the dad dies off while the heir can still reproduce, she can have generation 7. Hopefully, before gen 7 is an elder, the twin will have died--which is likely since the twin would be twice gen 7's age at that point, so unless aunt and niece could be the same age, there will be enough room for generation 8.

Does that make any sense to anyone besides me?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #7036 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
That won't be possible because 5 immortals, 2 twins + spouse = 8 :(
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7037 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Go ahead and see if you get a single birth - my suggestion - eat apples this time or move in a really old person that is due to die any second now.   Juxt had to do this to save her dynasty too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #7038 on: January 31, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
Thank you :) I think I'll move in a really old person to save it, thanks for the tip!
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #7039 on: February 01, 2013, 06:21:18 AM »
So annoyed with myself, somehow my sixth gen got her hands on some Ambrosia >:( looks like its back to the drawing board. *sigh* This attempt was going so well too.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7040 on: February 01, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »
Aww yeah it sucks when that happens.  :(   Good luck on your new attempt.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7041 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
awww, sunshine. :( good luck in your next attempt.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7042 on: February 01, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
I'm sad to hear that happened to you at Generation 6, Sunshine.

Things like that usually happen to me in my 1st or 2nd Generation. I am being VERY CAREFUL this time so that hopefully that doesn't happen to me. At least not until I hit Generation 3. :D

Gen 2 is a child and is painting and cooking (on his play stove) up a storm. Would anyone like some Sims 3 muffins?

For future thinking
Is it level 5 that sims in the law enforcement career get their own cruiser?
If they then leave the law enforcement career, is the cruiser taken away from them?
Do self employed jobs count towards Jack of All Trades LTW?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7043 on: February 01, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
Yes.
No.
Yes.

;D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7044 on: February 01, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
Thanks Shirin. :)

Here, have a muffin. I promise that the chocolate isn't courtesy of the toddler in my immortal dynasty house. :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7045 on: February 01, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
Things like that usually happen to me in my 1st or 2nd Generation. I am being VERY CAREFUL this time so that hopefully that doesn't happen to me. At least not until I hit Generation 3. :D

I'm at the point where I fail most often - Generation Four as a youth. ;D I almost always have one immortal, four generations, the latter of whom is a teen. I'm very very close to a second Immortal - if I get that, this will officially be my most successful Dynasty. :P

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #7046 on: February 02, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »
So, my spare child in my dynasty was enrolled in Dribbledine Sports Academy the day she aged to child. The popup said the taxi would pick her up on Friday morning, and it's currently the Monday afterwards with her still in the house. According to a quick flip through the Generations board, I should be able to get her shipped off properly if I delete her using MOO (though it may actually delete her from the household instead). Would this be allowed?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7047 on: February 02, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »
So, my spare child in my dynasty was enrolled in Dribbledine Sports Academy the day she aged to child. The popup said the taxi would pick her up on Friday morning, and it's currently the Monday afterwards with her still in the house. According to a quick flip through the Generations board, I should be able to get her shipped off properly if I delete her using MOO (though it may actually delete her from the household instead). Would this be allowed?

I could have sworn I've seen a different solution that didn't require deleting the Sim.   I would not suggest deleting the Sim under any circumstances.  I'll look around to see if I can help you come up with something.

Edit: I stand corrected.   This seems to be the only one that works outside of mods from all the research I've found from my trusted bug fix sources.   I still thought there was another option.   Do a save as.. perform the action.  If it doesn't fix it.  Go back to the save and we'll try to think of something new.    You can't un enroll her?  Bring her home?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #7048 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
I could have sworn I've seen a different solution that didn't require deleting the Sim.   I would not suggest deleting the Sim under any circumstances.  I'll look around to see if I can help you come up with something.

Edit: I stand corrected.   This seems to be the only one that works outside of mods from all the research I've found from my trusted bug fix sources.   I still thought there was another option.   Do a save as.. perform the action.  If it doesn't fix it.  Go back to the save and we'll try to think of something new.    You can't un enroll her?  Bring her home?

No options to unenroll or enroll her in another school. This thread on the official forum suggests that splitting the household may also fix the problem. I'll try that first, I think. There are lots of indicators that I may never be able to send her off to boarding school without it bugging out, though.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7049 on: February 02, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
No options to unenroll or enroll her in another school. This thread on the official forum suggests that splitting the household may also fix the problem. I'll try that first, I think. There are lots of indicators that I may never be able to send her off to boarding school without it bugging out, though.

I was already reading that thread and that's what I was just thinking myself.  So if you want to split the household and get her back - I'm fine with that but you may not be able to send her like you wanted.