Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248671 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6975 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »
Dek - I'm not sure what to tell you.   He actually finished the sculpture right?  It wasn't a gnome and he did it all the way to the end?  IF so then it's an odd glitch I've never seen before.  Clear the caches as per normal and hope a restart fixes it.

Yes, he finished it, I have no gnomes and he did it all the way to the end.

It isn't a game breaker, it happening to him. I will be keeping an eagle eye on Cosette though, she is the Founder and I REALLY don't want that to happen to her to be supermaxed skill. :)

I'm about to do the caches now.

Edit: After clearing the caches, the Motive Mobile returned from wherever it had disappeared to.

The number of stone sculptures completed by Thornton remained at zero, however.

He has now done Cosette's adult ice sculpture and the number of ice sculptures has increased by one, as has ice sculptures of sims and total sculptures. So, I'm hopeful it is all fine now. Thanks for your response, Ricalynn.

Edit II: He has now down a second stone sculpture, and it advanced from 0 to 1 so that's good, he may yet become a Master Sculptologist.

As I said, Cosette's has recorded all of her sculptures, and that's the one I'm definitely wanting to make sure I've gotten correct, as her supermax is sculpting.

Thanks again, Ricalynn.

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6976 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »
In Barnacle Bay, am I allowed to harvest the life fruit from another garden then plant it in mine? I think I saw the answer to this somewhere but I can't find it or remember what it was. Also, does anyone know where to find Angelfish in Barnacle Bay?  :D
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6977 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Yes you can, especially considering that it's the only way to get life fruit in Barnacle Bay.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6978 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
In Barnacle Bay, am I allowed to harvest the life fruit from another garden then plant it in mine? I think I saw the answer to this somewhere but I can't find it or remember what it was. Also, does anyone know where to find Angelfish in Barnacle Bay?  :D

I'm pretty sure that Angelfish are by the pier opposite the library. Same place as Deathfish.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #6979 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:11 AM »
My apologies if this has been asked before, but what do you do about alien babies? If you end up with an Alien baby in your dynasty, are you supposed to just send them back to their homeworld? 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #6980 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »
My apologies if this has been asked before, but what do you do about alien babies? If you end up with an Alien baby in your dynasty, are you supposed to just send them back to their homeworld?

Yes, always send them back.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6981 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
What happens if a ghost comes and helps themselves to your refrigerator and eats your stash of ambrosia?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6982 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »
What happens if a ghost comes and helps themselves to your refrigerator and eats your stash of ambrosia?

Loss of HOF eligibility/Failure

Only immortals can have ambrosia.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6983 on: January 23, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
Oh drats. I thought that was the case after I re-read the rules for the 1000th time. And silly me sat there watching fascinated, because I've never seen a ghost eat ambrosia before. I had the door locked, and one of my replicators turned around, but failed to turn the fridge around also.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6984 on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
I heard that there are issues with the film career not working outside of Bridgeport. Is it a consistent problem? I want to make sure before I set up a brand new starting file in Twinbrook and pull out my hair trying to fit the studio in.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6985 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
I had the studio in Moonlight Falls for a recent project and it worked fine.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6986 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
I'm kind of beginning with the end in mind here, and am thinking about my Generation 7 in the Victors. (I'm currently waiting the birth of Gen 2, but do like to think way ahead ...)

I'm pondering giving my Gen 7, Eponine, 'Heartbreaker' as her LTW and probably Charisma as her unique Supermax. Not sure on a Career at this stage, Politics perhaps.

Is Heartbreaker viable in terms of gameplay and the Immortal Dynasty ruleset? Or would it make something like supermaxing Guitar or the One Sim Band LTW childsplay by comparison

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6987 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
Since she's supermaxing charisma, I could see it working without too many issues. Just get Master of Seduction to make it as easy as possible. Unless there is something buggy about it (I know that Master Romancer is buggy, but not Heartbreaker).

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6988 on: January 23, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »
Just remember the LTW is mandatory for ambrosia but it's something that can be changed if you do run into issues.   Also don't forget above reproach or clean slate if you have to.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6989 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:56 PM »

Somewhat long question about my game file and HoF here:

So, when asked if I was having some trouble with bugs, I responded as follows:

"Despite the fact that I spent a large portion of the day resolving a problem that had partly to do with my laptop and partly with the game file (finally got it to work again though!), it hasn't been too bad. Traveling is buggy, so I don't do that. And every once and a while the game freezes for about ten seconds. What I found to be very helpful today is to go into your save file and delete the TravelDB.package file and the China/Egypt/France.nhd files. My save had gotten so massive that the laptop couldn't load it, but that resolved the issue because those files get so large. Apparently it works like clearing your cache files."

My understanding was that deleting these files worked like deleting cache files, that the game re-generates them the next time it loads up. However, someone suggested:

"Deleting those files causes you to lose the vacation world data. Rhoxi, I think you may need to talk to the challenge team about this - I suspect that it breaks the challenge rules, though I don't think there's been a test case yet."

So I figured I should check here and see whether this ruins HoF status. For what it's worth, I have barely traveled in my game except for one brief trip to China for martial arts equipment and one brief trip to France to get nectar makers. I do not own a vacation home. I have no plans to use traveling again. The only way deleting these files could affect my world is by changing slightly what tourists do or do not visit, since I guess deleting them generates a fresh copy of the travel world. I can't think of any other way Moonlight Falls would be affected.

It never occurred to me that deleting extra, useless game data could damage my HoF status, but since someone pointed out that it might, I figured I should double check here.