Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248699 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6960 on: January 17, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »
Me again.  I tried combing the threads to find out the answer to this, but didn't see it anywhere.  May I move a banned supernatural into the house if I first cure him/her?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6961 on: January 18, 2013, 01:25:35 AM »
Me again.  I tried combing the threads to find out the answer to this, but didn't see it anywhere.  May I move a banned supernatural into the house if I first cure him/her?

If you use a potent cure on her, she will be human, and therefore viable to bring into the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6962 on: January 18, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »

If it's not banned then it's allowed.   You are allowed to cure someone before you move them in.  You just can't go around town making everyone fairies to cure later.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sarcasticsuperherogirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #6963 on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »
Okay so, finally started seriously considering trying one of these, since unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to keep up with the tournament this year  :'( My question is... should I just jump in, or take some time to research and read the thread first before getting started?

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6964 on: January 19, 2013, 01:33:27 AM »
Okay so, finally started seriously considering trying one of these, since unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to keep up with the tournament this year  :'( My question is... should I just jump in, or take some time to research and read the thread first before getting started?

I would suggest just reading as far as you need to and then starting up. If you don't understand something, please ask and someone who knows the answer will answer for you. I'd strongly recommend reading the Immortal Dynasty Tips thread. That thread helped me with things like replicating ambrosia.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #6965 on: January 19, 2013, 01:36:02 AM »

As long as you have read and understand the rules, I wouldn't worry about reading the thread. There is plenty of interesting and potentially useful stuff, but it really isn't needed. What I would do before starting is sit down and figure out what skills and careers you will be using so that you don't get down to Generation 6 or 7 and realize that there is nothing available for the last few. Once you know that, you can worry about picking a town and what buildings you might need to add. Then, go for it.

• Nooboo
« Reply #6966 on: January 19, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll definitely check that thread out right now, Deklitch :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
« Reply #6967 on: January 19, 2013, 04:27:34 AM »

• Generation's, Pet's & Supernatural's potions, elixirs and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend/shorten age are not allowed.
  • The mud bath feature of the Steam-It Up Sauna is not allowed.
  • Drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs) is not allowed. Placing the fountain in Hidden Springs is fine.

I have a silly question that's probably already been answered, but I couldn't find it :(

Are those things still banned even after an heir has become immortal?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6968 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »

Considering I used your strategy to test my baby boomers I don't know why you think you couldn't keep up with the tournament.  Unless it's personal reasons and not the scores that's keeping you away.   

Like everyone said - find the tips thread and ask questions.  Triple check the rules, make sure to see the Edit Town rule post I made.

• Generation's, Pet's & Supernatural's potions, elixirs and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend/shorten age are not allowed.
  • The mud bath feature of the Steam-It Up Sauna is not allowed.
  • Drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs) is not allowed. Placing the fountain in Hidden Springs is fine.

I have a silly question that's probably already been answered, but I couldn't find it :(

Are those things still banned even after an heir has become immortal?

They are flat banned - period - especially the first one.   The only items that can be done after someone is immortal are the four items mentioned in the list for post-ambrosia immortals.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

• Nooboo
« Reply #6969 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:11 PM »
Considering I used your strategy to test my baby boomers I don't know why you think you couldn't keep up with the tournament.  Unless it's personal reasons and not the scores that's keeping you away.   

Yeah, it's personal reasons >< Lots of family sickness and things makes computer time unreliable :( I'm hoping to do at least a few of the tournament challenges, though I did really want to compete in all the events this year.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6970 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »
Yeah, it's personal reasons >< Lots of family sickness and things makes computer time unreliable :( I'm hoping to do at least a few of the tournament challenges, though I did really want to compete in all the events this year.

I hope things get better - if you have anymore questions, just let us know.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6971 on: January 19, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »
hmmm weirdness just happened.  :(

Thornton had finished sculpting his first of his 5 stone sculptures. He'd tried twice previously but they shattered and became gems. This time, he had successfully sculpted a good socratic bust (I think it is called. I moved it off the sculpture station like I always do. I set him to sculpt another stone thing. Then I went to his skill journal. The counter for his stone sculptures was still at zero, rather than 1. I thought maybe it takes a short space of time to show up, so I returned in like 5 minutes, nope, still at 0. All of the other sculptures appear to be at their correct numbers, and all the painting stats for Cosette and Morganna and sculpting stats for Cosette are at their correct numbers as well.

Then I sent Morganna out on the town to consign items at consignment store (and also to refill her needs). When she got there, I noticed her needs hadn't been refilled, and I thought, I wonder why she didn't use the Motive Mobile (MM), none of the other adults were out. So I investigated their inventories, no MM there, and there wasn't any MM at home on the carpark space. I seem to have lost it. The MM belonged to Thornton. Morganna's collection helper and Cosette's moodlet manager are as per normal.

I'm about to restart Sims 3, I probably should take a break from it for a short while, anyway, and I'll see if that helps, but are there any suggestions?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6972 on: January 19, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »
I didn't see this mentioned in the rules, and I want to be sure:

Is it against the rules to Reanimate a deceased sim into a zombie, then use a Sunlight charm to cure them, and move them into the household? This would be a pre-created deceased sim, not a former member of the household who died.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6973 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »
Dek - I'm not sure what to tell you.   He actually finished the sculpture right?  It wasn't a gnome and he did it all the way to the end?  IF so then it's an odd glitch I've never seen before.  Clear the caches as per normal and hope a restart fixes it.

azokka - that is allowed but only ever on Sims that were dead when the game started so this is not allowed on any townies that die throughout the course of the game.  There was someone who had asked about that previously and I did extensive research into it. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6974 on: January 19, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »

azokka - that is allowed but only ever on Sims that were dead when the game started so this is not allowed on any townies that die throughout the course of the game.  There was someone who had asked about that previously and I did extensive research into it.

Thank you! Yes, I meant on a sim who was dead when the game began.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything