Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3409059 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6525 on: November 28, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »
Good to know! I knew that some people did riding late in their games with success, but I just wanted to be sure (especially since none of my sims have ever had a horse, much less did useful things with a horse). Maybe I'll play-test it first.

Maybe I just had a really bad game when I last played an inventor. It stopped being funny with the fifth butt-fire in a week. Generation five's traits are a bit set in stone for story-purposes, so I think I'll just have to keep the showers very close by and hope for the best.

Also, I was planning for generation three to be the dynasty's artist with a sculpting supermax (I can supermax that in my sleep), though I'm leaning towards him having a completely unrelated profession in singing, and an LTW of either Vocal Legend or Visionary. Is that doable? Or should he just go the self-employment route?

Thanks for everything, by the way. :)

I always have my Sculptors be self-employed because of the ice personality challenge. You can't keep those ice sculptures around for long before they become non-melting, so I put my Sims in the Sculptor career so they can sell them and advance in their career while supermaxing.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6526 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
Is the Climatron Control Unit allowed, or does that fall under the realm of editing your Weather settings after you chose them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6527 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »
Does it actually change the settings under options or does it just change the active weather at that particular moment?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6528 on: November 28, 2012, 10:52:07 PM »
Does it actually change the settings under options or does it just change the active weather at that particular moment?

I believe it only changes the active weather, though I'm not 100% certain.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6529 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
I may load up the game and find out real quick.  As long as it doesn't change the actual settings, it's fine. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6530 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
Not sure if it is just a setting I have, but my helper is level 9 in painting, and my adult portrait looks more like an impressionists painting than a portrait, my young adult didn't look great but I attributed that to his lower skill at the time. My child's toddler portrait doesn't look bad. Any thoughts?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6531 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »
It's a completely random occurrence when someone paints a portrait.  I never accept them looking like that but it's player's choice and doesn't matter.  I've actually had masterpieces that looked all blurry and clear ones that were duds.  Doesn't have any impact and it's not a glitch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6532 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
Not sure if it is just a setting I have, but my helper is level 9 in painting, and my adult portrait looks more like an impressionists painting than a portrait, my young adult didn't look great but I attributed that to his lower skill at the time. My child's toddler portrait doesn't look bad. Any thoughts?

Pure chance. I think, off the top of my head, it's reflective of their mood. Just ignore it - they're fine for your Portraits. It's basically the artist going Impressionist.

Ricalynn, you type really fast.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6533 on: November 28, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Yeah, it was a masterpiece, what a pot. :) thanks, ill probably have him reprint it since I know it's the way the cookie crumbles, and yes I don't think I could look at this for eternity, so. I don't Emrys would appreciate it either.

Well if it goes by their moods I should probably pay a little more attention to my helper and keep him happy, poor guy is always neglected, he just gets to paint every now again and contribute to the household income.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6534 on: November 28, 2012, 11:06:45 PM »
I always thought that it was a reflection of their traits. My artist always had to redo portraits because I hate the watery versions. "You're a world famous artist, but your portraits look like you peed on the painting before it dried."

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6535 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »
Interesting perspective, Grimm is hydrophobic, maybe this fear is coming out in his work? ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6536 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
I just did a couple of test files and yeah it only effects the current weather not the season so the climatron is allowed.

As for the typing fast, I've had a lot of experience. I used to get paid to type fast.

I've never found rhyme or reason for why they paint the portraits random ways.   The only times that traits play into it is for other paintings but not portraits.  Doesn't matter if your Sim only has one trait out of five.  They can paint a portrait blurry or clear.  For more information on the what traits effect painting, here's a small wiki article.  Like I said, traits only effect normal paintings not portraits.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6537 on: November 29, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »
So I had the whole family at the park for a Leisure Day festival, when I get a notification that the dog has eaten a life fruit, extending his life span.  I have no idea how that would even be possible, as all my life fruits are locked up in the alchemy cabinet, and there are no active life fruit plants on the lot.  When I zoomed in on him, he was indeed home, chewing away on his chew toy.

Since life fruit is banned for non-immortals, if the dog did indeed eat it, I know it's a dynasty-killer, however, I can't imagine how the dog would've gotten life fruit to eat.  Have any of you ever heard of this kind of thing happening before?  The dog is an elder, and I don't know his exact age as I wasn't keeping track, so I can't verify one way or the other with the chronology.

So, should I just call this a fail and try again, or this some kind of known glitch?

Also, I don't have any mods or CC, my only content is EA store content.

Edit: I just realized Bonehilda is loose... could she have randomly fed him one as a treat? I don't know where she'd get it, though... unless she can pull things out of the alchemy cabinet?  There aren't any in the fridge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6538 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
So I had the whole family at the park for a Leisure Day festival, when I get a notification that the dog has eaten a life fruit, extending his life span.  I have no idea how that would even be possible, as all my life fruits are locked up in the alchemy cabinet, and there are no active life fruit plants on the lot.  When I zoomed in on him, he was indeed home, chewing away on his chew toy.

Since life fruit is banned for non-immortals, if the dog did indeed eat it, I know it's a dynasty-killer, however, I can't imagine how the dog would've gotten life fruit to eat.  Have any of you ever heard of this kind of thing happening before?  The dog is an elder, and I don't know his exact age as I wasn't keeping track, so I can't verify one way or the other with the chronology.

So, should I just call this a fail and try again, or this some kind of known glitch?

Also, I don't have any mods or CC, my only content is EA store content.

Edit: I just realized Bonehilda is loose... could she have randomly fed him one as a treat? I don't know where she'd get it, though... unless she can pull things out of the alchemy cabinet?  There aren't any in the fridge.

Hmmmm...not sure how the dog could have gotten a life fruit either, but don't sweat it. You have not failed. It certainly was not intentional on your part, that 's the important thing. :) Maybe someone else can shed light on what might have happened to prevent this from happening again.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6539 on: November 29, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »
Thanks, Metro! I'm glad to know I don't have to start over. I'll keep Bonehilda locked up except when she's needed from here on out, just in case she was the problem.