Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230071 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6495 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »
This is true.

However, I always advocate abusing the housemates if you so wish. You can even get an older housemate.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6496 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind doing that, but then I can't move them out, I have to stay with them until they die right?

I mainly want to because its one of his wants, and he's into gardening, and I figured the first few levels of the career would work.

Yep, slaves helpers stay until they die. You could always have fun with them and have the helpers breed so that you have a spouse for the next generation if you so choose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6497 on: November 27, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
One thing to remember is that when it comes to a dynasty, it's not always about what the Sim wants.  It's about your strategy.   If you expect this sim to max writing career than you really need to do nothing else.  I was literally 5 days away from elder on my writing Sim to max her writing career.  Pam had to change careers on her eighth generation in the elder stage because her Sim never got close in the writing career.  It's definitely one that will take patience and time plus everything else that has to get done for the first generation.  Even gardening might take time out of the writing career that you need done. 

Mind Pam & I also did this with moodlet managers so our sims never slept and had issues.   I'm not saying your strategy is wrong.  I'm just trying to help before it becomes a problem later. 

Like shirin mentioned it's level 10 that counts against you.   So if you had one sim choose the science career later and hit level 10 than you had another Sim use the time machine and that made them level 10 science.  It makes the career no longer unique and a possible failure if the first sim had already eaten ambrosia based on that requirement. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6498 on: November 27, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
Perfect, thanks.

Well, I followed your sage advice, and now I have a slave helper. However, he seems to have come with a very nice ride in his inventory, that would be nice for selling, but for some reason, I just can't think that it would be within the rules of the challenge.  :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6499 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
Selling the inventory is part of the reason to get helpers.   If you ever read any of the dynasty stories, you will see that quite a few people moved in Holly Alto, Thornton Wolff, or Agnes Crumplebottom for their rides.   It also helps that Agnes comes with cooking and painting skills. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6500 on: November 27, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »
If it helps, don't think of it as selling the ride.

Your new slave helper liquidated his assets to assist in building a suitable residence. After all, all the nice cars in the world won't help if you don't have a decent place to sleep and pee.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6501 on: November 27, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »
Simchuff, I'm playing in Moonlight Falls, and while I don't know your sim's situation, I can tell you that the Crumplebottom sisters have a $79k car. My founder married Belinda and the car came with her. It was a huge help. She also has a decent level of cooking skill (to help with the ambrosia) and is halfway through the cooking career... I was able to level her up in painting no problem while my founder worked on his career (which was also cooking).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6502 on: November 27, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
Thanks Cheezy. Oddly enough, I think that was the car, I moved in Chauncy Grimm, but it seems he had already moved in with the Crumplebottoms, and must have borrowed the car when I invited him over, ha.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6503 on: November 27, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
I do not recommend using Writing as a first generation career. As Rica pointed out, it is very difficult career to max and more than one player has been forced to choose another career for their Sim. It is easier if you start as a Teen, but with your Founder that is of course not an option. It's hard too since there is no Moodlet Manager to start out with.
I recommend that the career for your Founder be related to one of the skills you need at the beginning of your dynasty, gardening, fishing, cooking, or painting. Possibly sculpting. If you like, this thread is very helpful for people working on an Immortal Dynasty: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips

By samoht04

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6504 on: November 28, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
Thanks again for your help. I have decided to go ahead with my initial plan. an update on my strategy is that my LTW is to Mystic Healer, so my sim has been playing with Magic at the moment when his fun goes down, which also boosts his magic score. He now has the ability to up his bladder (though I had already given him the steel bladder reward), his hygiene, and his hunger. So now I have been using those during writing breaks which also up his magic skill, and his motives. His wife is an alchemist, and she will soon be churning out a bunch of "Potent Invigorating Elixer's"

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6505 on: November 28, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Thanks again for your help. I have decided to go ahead with my initial plan. an update on my strategy is that my LTW is to Mystic Healer, so my sim has been playing with Magic at the moment when his fun goes down, which also boosts his magic score. He now has the ability to up his bladder (though I had already given him the steel bladder reward), his hygiene, and his hunger. So now I have been using those during writing breaks which also up his magic skill, and his motives. His wife is an alchemist, and she will soon be churning out a bunch of "Potent Invigorating Elixer's"

Why didn't you give your founder the writer LTW?  I'm not trying to discourage you.  Just curious.   Usually I give LTWs directly connected with their specific careers so that you get higher LTHP for doing what you're going to be doing anyway.

Good luck!  It sounds like you're getting a good hold  on everything you need.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6506 on: November 28, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
I honestly didn't think about it at the time. I chose one of the ones that defaulted. I didn't actually consider writing as a career or skill path until his wants brought it to my attention, my original goal was to have him be a gardener, but I knew writing would be more profitable, and with his bookworm trait (so he could learn his gardening skill faster), came his desire to write, so I went with it.

I think one think I will need to change about my mindset and this challenge is my tendency to have well rounded sims. I've always had somewhat of a specialty for all of my sims in the past, but still generally like them all also to be well rounded and not held in one spot. However with this challenge, my way of thinking will definitely need to change

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6507 on: November 28, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
Well just so you know you can change their LTW if you want.  It's only their traits that are locked in place forever.  LTW has to be completed before ambrosia can be eaten so at least you have the option should it become a problem later.  I wish you all the luck!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6508 on: November 28, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
In Sunset Valley, when I take the Equestrian Centre off the Dynasty lot, do I HAVE to place the smaller Equestrian Centre somewhere else? Or is that optional?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6509 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »
In Sunset Valley, when I take the Equestrian Centre off the Dynasty lot, do I HAVE to place the smaller Equestrian Centre somewhere else? Or is that optional?

Completely optional