Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3409055 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6450 on: November 19, 2012, 11:56:31 PM »
If you add a lot, it would be empty, right?  Trip is just making sure you know that you can't change a lot type to place a building. When adding lots in Edit Town, you have to make sure you place them on lots that are empty and not just look empty.  They have to have either of these two symbols.

or
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6451 on: November 20, 2012, 12:21:36 AM »
Okay I'm doing it right then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #6452 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
If you add a lot, it would be empty, right?  Trip is just making sure you know that you can't change a lot type to place a building. When adding lots in Edit Town, you have to make sure you place them on lots that are empty and not just look empty.  They have to have either of these two symbols.

or
Changing a lot type would be making a empty lot a hangout right?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Sarah1992

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6453 on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »
That's fine.  It's considered third party custom content like hair, skin, and household items.  Just be aware that using CC can be risky.

Thanks for clarification Pam :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6454 on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
Changing a lot type would be making a empty lot a hangout right?

Right.   An empty residential lot can become an empty community lot.   A non empty lot (meaning it doesn't have the sideways diamond on the bottom) has to be pre-approved before it's lot type can be changed.   There are very few of those that are allowed.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6455 on: November 23, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
When a ghost gets brought back to life with ambrosia, does it also extend their life at the same time?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6456 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:55 AM »
Yes it does, for playable ghosts (non-resident ghosts don't age). Either way, it's banned for ghosts unless you have a ghost heir.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6457 on: November 23, 2012, 01:22:52 AM »
Darn, that means I most likely won't get a little Rob clone eventually unless someone dies from some horrible accident before they hit old age as the house is full, and all of the adults have birthdays near each other. Second route; many, many nooboos may result in male children for Robby~ ...Once I get back to playing after I mostly catch up that is.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6458 on: November 25, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »
After eating his well-deserved ambrosia, Journeyman's age meter says 69 days. That can't be right, as the beginning of the elder stage is supposed to be 73 days. The rest of the household has no issues when it comes to proper ages, and I checked my never-messed-with age settings and the elder stage is at its proper 17-day length. Should I be worried?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6459 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
It will always say 69 days when you eat ambrosia.  Not a glitch.  Just how it is.  No worries.

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #6460 on: November 26, 2012, 01:14:18 AM »
Have a question.  I apologize if this has been answered already.  I started my dynasty in Moonlight Falls (details later) moved in the Crumplebottoms as helpers.  Bianca cast a love spell on my immortal and we hooked up.  We are not married but had a child is our child my second generation even though we are not married or do I need to try to get us married to be valid.  Also she has commitment issues.  I suppose I still have plenty of time to find a wife if not but just would like some clarification please.    Thank you.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6461 on: November 26, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »
Parents of the next heir do not need to be married, just living in the household.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6462 on: November 26, 2012, 02:10:15 AM »
If you want your heir to carry on the family name it's better for them to get married. If you don't mind them carrying on the name of Crumplebottom, you can just continue on or change the name at City Hall.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6463 on: November 26, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »
There was a short-lived rule in September about SN rabbitholes:
For players who are looking to add the Arboretum, Gypsy Wagon and Vault of Antiquity [...] Metro has approved of a player using Edit Town to go to an already zoned lot and placing these items there. [...] Example: In Sunset Valley, you could place the gypsy wagon behind City Hall on it's lot or you could place it at Pinochle Pond.
That's what I did then. In my Appaloosa, I placed Gypsy Wagon on the Equestrian Training Grounds lot, and Vault on the school/stadium lot. Fit like a glove :) I played a bit with my dynasty, and then put it on a short hiatus for some reason.
Now i'm back to the game, but it seems to me the rules have changed since then:
If you wish to place the gypsy caravan, or any other rabbit hole from an expansion in your town, you have two choices.   If there is not a version of it in the community lot bin, you can save it to the bin from a new unaltered version of the expansion town or you can purchase a property in your dynasty game town and place the rabbit hole via the community objects category in build mode.
I hadn't purchased equestrian grounds or school when I placed rabbitholes back then. I didn't think it was necessary (mainly because of the City Hall example -- obviously, you can't buy a city hall in The Sims).
So, what should I do before returning to play? Is my dynasty failed?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6464 on: November 26, 2012, 02:42:51 AM »
There was a short-lived rule in September about SN rabbitholes: That's what I did then. In my Appaloosa, I placed Gypsy Wagon on the Equestrian Training Grounds lot, and Vault on the school/stadium lot. Fit like a glove :) I played a bit with my dynasty, and then put it on a short hiatus for some reason.
Now i'm back to the game, but it seems to me the rules have changed since then:I hadn't purchased equestrian grounds or school when I placed rabbitholes back then. I didn't think it was necessary (mainly because of the City Hall example -- obviously, you can't buy a city hall in The Sims).
So, what should I do before returning to play? Is my dynasty failed?

Whenever a rule changes, new players are expected to follow the most current rules.  Players who have already started and used a particular rule that was valid at the time are fine.  If necessary, the new rule would need to be started as soon as possible, but in your case, it was a one time thing and you were following the existing rule.  So, your dynasty is still ok.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything