Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3229967 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6420 on: November 17, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
Nope. There is no messing with ages in either direction. Just be patient.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6421 on: November 17, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
Is a clone drone potion sim related in any way to the drinker? Therefore would it be possible to have a dynasty where everyone marries the founder?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6422 on: November 17, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
Quick question, I haven't read all the way though the thread because that would take days and a search hasn't seemed to find anything.
So I've moved in Agnes and now have her clone child, which is now a teen.  this clone will be my founders spouse. Can I use an Age of Instant potion from the alchemy consignment store to age her up to YA so I can start gen 2 right away rather than wait another two sim weeks?

Trip is correct - you can't change the age of someone in anyway other than a birthday cake on their actual birthdays ( as in when it says 0 days).

Is a clone drone potion sim related in any way to the drinker? Therefore would it be possible to have a dynasty where everyone marries the founder?

That's just weird man.   I'm testing it now.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6423 on: November 17, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
I had a sim once do a clone drone of himself ... it was scary seeing two Gunthors run around.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6424 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »

Artie is not amused by my testing today.

Clone Drone does not make them related but it does make them the same age and the clone is good whereas Artie is Evil.   The clone didn't join the family automatically either.  It had the exact same name as my Artie.   So this would only work if you only had female heirs after a male founder.   I repeat -- it's kind of creepy though.  Would you want to have babies with your grandpa?   I did some extra experimentation and had Artie cloned the Generations way so it would come out as related.  Made little him into little her and then had her meet one of the clones.  They hit it off immediately with the new attraction system so yes your plan is completely doable within the rules but the two Artie lookalikes were the same age as him.  So they were both 80 days old in the above picture even though they were brand  new clones.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6425 on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
Interesting...

I liked your response, however.  "That's just weird man. I'm testing it now."

In other words, generation 8 would theoretically look exactly like the founder. Excellent.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6426 on: November 18, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
Lol Rica, that's just too funny!! Poor Artie wasn't amused, but I was!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6427 on: November 18, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
Indeed, poor Artie. I don't think he is that narcissistic that he would want to marry himself!

By samoht04

Offline Sarah1992

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6428 on: November 19, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
Do custom cars count as mods or do they fall into the same category as hair, skintones and clothing as far as the Immortal Dynasty rules are concerned? Just downloaded a bunch of cars to add a little variety to my games since I don't have fast lane stuff, and was hoping to be able to use them in my dynasty, but if not, I'll remove them when I want to play that save :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6429 on: November 19, 2012, 07:18:54 PM »
Do custom cars count as mods or do they fall into the same category as hair, skintones and clothing as far as the Immortal Dynasty rules are concerned? Just downloaded a bunch of cars to add a little variety to my games since I don't have fast lane stuff, and was hoping to be able to use them in my dynasty, but if not, I'll remove them when I want to play that save :)

That's fine.  It's considered third party custom content like hair, skin, and household items.  Just be aware that using CC can be risky.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6430 on: November 19, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
My game for some reason decided to reset all my options to the default options for everything ... including temperature (F instead of C), clock (12 hours instead of 24), population by all the various lifestates (instead of just witches) and a rotating lunar cycle (instead of the fixed cycle on last quarter). I decided to keep seasons on the rotation at 7 day seasons, so I changed nothing with that one. It also decided to restart memories. I didn't go in and turn them all, the program just reset them for some reason (I do the whole set and forget thing at the start of the game). I also didn't go in and start a new game after starting Enterprise Dynasty. It was when my sims started popping memories that I first became aware that 'something had happened', and when I went into options I saw that things had been automagically returned to defaults.. Is it fine for me to set things back to how I had set them at the start of the Enterprise attempt?

Many thanks,

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6431 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »
Yes please return everything back to the way you had it.  Hopefully it won't happen again.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #6432 on: November 19, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »
Can your Founder be an alien, since aliens are allowed? A alien I downloaded has the same amount of money a normal Sim has upon creation in CAS.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6433 on: November 19, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
Actually, through personal testing no founders can be aliens since the alien genes don't seem to pass on no matter how you save them  much like ghosts and vampires in the old days.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #6434 on: November 19, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »
Actually, through personal testing no founders can be aliens since the alien genes don't seem to pass on no matter how you save them  much like ghosts and vampires in the old days.
Well I haven't had a baby with him, but I thought the color of the skin and eyes can pass. Also is all the hair, eyes, and skin passing on to the next generation necessary for the Founder's children? Didn't you say the alien powers don't show until teen age, which means they can have the colors and all but not be a alien?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.