Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230111 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6345 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
Thanks all for the advice.

Dek

Edit: To avoid double posting, I'm editing this one with a question.

I was just checking on my Gen 2 heir, and I discovered that even though he's a teenager, he's only got three traits instead of four. I know I gave him a 4th trait when he became a teenager.

I found this thread which talks about a way of fixing that. However, I wanted to check that was permitted in this challenge before going ahead and doing it.

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6346 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »
Sorry for the late reply Dek.  I just noticed that you had edited your post.

It says in the rules under Tech Talk that you can use a cheat to add the missing trait back in using the Control+Shift+Click method.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6347 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
IT LIVES!!! (maniacal laugh) After uninstalling/re-installing, and patching it didn't seem to work, but for some reason after patching again it works. Now I can get back to my Marvelous Dynasty. :D

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6348 on: November 07, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »
Are we allowed to turn memories off?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6349 on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
So glad it worked for you too!   Yes Memories are allowed to be turned off.   Personal choice.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6350 on: November 09, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
Has there been a ruling reached about the blueprints being used in the Dynasty? I'm getting ready to remodel for Seasons and would love to know the answer. Thanks

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6351 on: November 09, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »
There's no advantage to using the blueprints so it was stated that it was permissible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6353 on: November 10, 2012, 08:12:19 AM »
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this, (I don't think it's important enough to warrant its own thread) but is there a way to remove deathfish from a stocked pond on your lot? I'm rebuilding my Dynasty house and want to flatten the lot, but I don't want to lose my fish when I do. Is this possible, or will I just have to go fishing again?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6354 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »
There's no way to keep the fish where they are if you flatten the lot.  I would suggest catching another 10 from the personal pond or it might be easy to get it done at the graveyard over the course of two nights.  But one way or the other you'll need to restock if you make a new pond.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6355 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:26 AM »
There's no way to keep the fish where they are if you flatten the lot.  I would suggest catching another 10 from the personal pond or it might be easy to get it done at the graveyard over the course of two nights.  But one way or the other you'll need to restock if you make a new pond.

That's what I thought, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the help, Rica!  ;D

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6356 on: November 10, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
I love  to use the floorplans in my game. Personally it's a quick way of making a home. The rooms are great! I love the old woman-ness of the "Dated" rooms!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6357 on: November 11, 2012, 03:58:14 AM »
*Sigh*

Here I go again :)

I hope I don't have to restart for this ...

Yvette was running late for work, so I sent her to work via the Routine Machine thing.

She got sucked into the dreamscape (of course) and while in there she came face to face with a guy who was clearly a vampire and who wanted a bite ... she had the choice of either praising the virtues of vegetarianism or of holding him off until daybreak. I chose the praising the virtues of vegetarianism option, and this vampire bit here.

I did not have her ask to be turned into a vampire, throw a potion at her or anything like that, I was simply trying to get her to work as close to her correct start time as possible. Is she actually going to turn into a vampire, or because it happened in the dreamscape, it doesn't actually happen? I've looked at her, and reviewed her stats, she doesn't seem to have changed in any noticeable way, and looking at her from the perspective of her housemates, she doesn't have the red border around her headshot indicating she is a vampire.

Dek

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6358 on: November 11, 2012, 04:02:27 AM »
*Sigh*

Here I go again :)

I hope I don't have to restart for this ...

Yvette was running late for work, so I sent her to work via the Routine Machine thing.

She got sucked into the dreamscape (of course) and while in there she came face to face with a guy who was clearly a vampire and who wanted a bite ... she had the choice of either praising the virtues of vegetarianism or of holding him off until daybreak. I chose the praising the virtues of vegetarianism option, and this vampire bit here.

I did not have her ask to be turned into a vampire, throw a potion at her or anything like that, I was simply trying to get her to work as close to her correct start time as possible. Is she actually going to turn into a vampire, or because it happened in the dreamscape, it doesn't actually happen? I've looked at her, and reviewed her stats, she doesn't seem to have changed in any noticeable way, and looking at her from the perspective of her housemates, she doesn't have the red border around her headshot indicating she is a vampire.

Dek

When he bit her, did any black and red special effects with bats and stuff appear around her? Because when a sim gets bitten in-game, that's what happens, and it takes a few sim says to fully change....does she also have a permanent bite moodlet?

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6359 on: November 11, 2012, 04:06:11 AM »
When he bit her, did any black and red special effects with bats and stuff appear around her? Because when a sim gets bitten in-game, that's what happens, and it takes a few sim says to fully change....does she also have a permanent bite moodlet?

It happened via those text box things you get if you travel using a time machine. She doesn't have a permanent bite moodlet, and there were no black and red special effects with bats and so forth around her.

anything