Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3409057 times)

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6330 on: November 04, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
In Twinbrook, the lot is taken by a public building.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6331 on: November 04, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »
In Twinbrook, the lot is taken by a public building.

This is covered in the rules.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6332 on: November 04, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
This is covered in the rules.

Thanks.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #6333 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »
A few more questions -

1)  Are there any restrictions on drinking nectar made with life fruit?  I'm wondering whether it would have any life-extending properties.

2) Are we free to choose any LTW, or only those on the short list?

3) I'm assuming you get the same benefit from inviting a Sim to move in as you would if you married that Sim?  For example, getting Agnes to move in with you would still give you the 20K cash plus her car.

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6334 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
A few more questions -

1)  Are there any restrictions on drinking nectar made with life fruit?  I'm wondering whether it would have any life-extending properties.

3) I'm assuming you get the same benefit from inviting a Sim to move in as you would if you married that Sim?  For example, getting Agnes to move in with you would still give you the 20K cash plus her car.

Thanks!

1) In the rules
2) in the rules
3) You only get the car if she drove it to your lot.  If you marry her on her lot, you don't get the car.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6335 on: November 05, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
A few more questions -

Thanks!

A number of people who have had dynasties in Sunset Valley move in Agnes as a helper or a spouse.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #6336 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
It sounds like having someone move in works the same way as marrying them, which is good to know, thanks.  In my initial attempt, the founder married Agnes at the Art Museum - then I had them return to the founder's lot, and they rode in Agnes' car, which was then available in her inventory.

Meanwhile, I've done some additional research RE nectar made with life fruit, and the sources I found indicate that if it has at least 6 life fruit, it will extend life by one day.  I'll assume that information is correct, which would mean nectar containing up to 50% life fruit is allowed.

Thanks again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6337 on: November 05, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »
Meanwhile, I've done some additional research RE nectar made with life fruit, and the sources I found indicate that if it has at least 6 life fruit, it will extend life by one day.  I'll assume that information is correct, which would mean nectar containing up to 50% life fruit is allowed.

Thanks again!

Except the rules state that drinking a drink made with life fruit period is banned unless you're an immortal who has met all requirements and had ambrosia

The following 4 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
  • 1. Getting a tattoo.
  • 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
  • 3. Eating life fruit or drinking a drink made with life fruit.

Just because it doesn't extend life prior to that doesn't make it any less banned.  That's why I mentioned the fact that it was in the rules so you would see the word BANNED.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #6338 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
Yes, now I see that rule was changed.  It previously said "mixology drink".

Works for me.  Thanks again.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6339 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »
Every time the rules are edited, the moderator who does the editing will update the bottom with the last edit date. It's been "drink" since at least 10/16, and I'm pretty sure it was that way well before that too, since that's where I did my consulting when my own vintner was making her nectars.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6340 on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
Will sims autonomously choose to go to the replicator and make themselves stored ambrosia, or am I safe storing ambrosia there without that worry?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6341 on: November 05, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »
I've never used a replicator in my game, but if it is autonomous, you could just lock off the replicator to everyone but immortals (this requires a slightly odd setup, with one door for each allowed sim. I recall Pam doing this for the Dreamweavers in order to allow a few select sims into art studios, gyms, etc.).

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6342 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
I haven't had any sims use the replicator autonomously.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6343 on: November 05, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »
Never will they use it autonomously in my experience. The eight locked doors also helps. In my dynasty I use it to control access to the magic stuff  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6344 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
You're safe storing it, I've filled a whole replicator with 60 ambrosias, and never had a sim replicate one autonomously.

On the other hand, it's been my experience that just because you tell them to go replicate doesn't mean they will actually eat it; it's better to either micromanage them eating, or wait until they get one of the hunger moodlets to get them to autonomously eat after you tell them to replicate.