Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3409028 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6300 on: October 31, 2012, 06:23:27 AM »
I know that older generations can't purchase property/building for younger generations. How old does a sim have to be to be able to purchase property/buildings?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6301 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »
You can start working on the real estate requirement as a teenager.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6302 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #6303 on: October 31, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »
So, my teenage heir can no longer search the galaxy on her telescope. Making the attempt resets her. Using resetsim doesn't help, and neither does replacing the telescope or using a different telescope on another lot. I cleared my caches, restarted the computer, AND updated my video card drivers, all to no avail. She's currently 19/25 celestial discoveries, and if she can't finish that, I'll need to come up with another supermax for her sometime soon. Just wondering what can be done here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6304 on: October 31, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »
So, my teenage heir can no longer search the galaxy on her telescope. Making the attempt resets her. Using resetsim doesn't help, and neither does replacing the telescope or using a different telescope on another lot. I cleared my caches, restarted the computer, AND updated my video card drivers, all to no avail. She's currently 19/25 celestial discoveries, and if she can't finish that, I'll need to come up with another supermax for her sometime soon. Just wondering what can be done here.

This is actually a known bug with the new patch.   There are two things.  One it should be fixed with the introduction of Seasons to your system or Two Find a way to get her to do it autonomously.  It's only when you make them do it that they reset. 

I know not everyone is getting seasons but there is nothing else I can offer you at this time.  I'm keeping my eyes open and looking around in hopes that EA will respond soon to the bug.  It's a lot like the gardening bug that came with Supernatural.  As soon as you had Supernatural, the bug stopped happening. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #6305 on: October 31, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
Alright, that's fine then. I tend not to do a lot of reading on the official forum, so I hadn't seen that it's a known issue. I'll be getting Seasons, so I'll just work on a different challenge in the meantime. It's good to know that it should resolve itself in time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6306 on: October 31, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Alright, that's fine then. I tend not to do a lot of reading on the official forum, so I hadn't seen that it's a known issue. I'll be getting Seasons, so I'll just work on a different challenge in the meantime. It's good to know that it should resolve itself in time.

It's a bug caused by the upcoming aliens feature.  Something about the coding for our new occults has been messing with space rocks and using the telescope.  I don't like reading the official forum but every new patch I find the thread started by crincrit to know what people are experiencing.  I even had to report my own issue this time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6307 on: October 31, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
It's a bug caused by the upcoming aliens feature.  Something about the coding for our new occults has been messing with space rocks and using the telescope.  I don't like reading the official forum but every new patch I find the thread started by crincrit to know what people are experiencing.  I even had to report my own issue this time.

It's all because analyzing space rocks and looking through a telescope attracts aliens to abduct your sims....I hope they will have a patch that removes that coding for those who won't get Seasons.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #6308 on: October 31, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »
I may need to put my dynasty on hold till Seasons then, so I don't accidentally wind up with an alien nooboo! Finish up all the telescope stuff while she's still a teen so she can't get pregnant from any inconvenient abductions.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6309 on: October 31, 2012, 11:24:28 PM »
The alien thing is still an unknown factor of how it will truly be implemented.  Plus you know the challenge board team will have answers for all expansion related items within days of the expansion coming out if we can. 

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6310 on: November 01, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
It's all because analyzing space rocks and looking through a telescope attracts aliens to abduct your sims....I hope they will have a patch that removes that coding for those who won't get Seasons.

In my experience, the coding won't go away. If you only had Generations, but were fully patched, you'll probably have coding for LN vamps in your game. If you have Ambitions + Showtime, you'll have coding for horses, etc. The EP patches tend to include all the programming for the EP, just most of it is deactivated.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6311 on: November 01, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
In my experience, the coding won't go away. If you only had Generations, but were fully patched, you'll probably have coding for LN vamps in your game. If you have Ambitions + Showtime, you'll have coding for horses, etc. The EP patches tend to include all the programming for the EP, just most of it is deactivated.

It's more or less what I meant. I know when they put in the patch 1.42 they deactivated the moon on the sim panel for those who don't have Supernatural. It's just, if anyone wants an heir to supermax logic, leaving the coding as is won't let anyone supermax if it doesn't deactivate for those without Seasons.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #6312 on: November 01, 2012, 02:03:26 AM »
EDIT: This question didn't relate to this dynasty. :P
- Eisande

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6313 on: November 01, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »
For my Life States Dynasty, I plan on having one of the Skill Challenges my founder completes be the Master Chemist one, where you discover all potions. (Will also provide a Wish worth 5K so I can get two things out of the way at once!) But t Anyway, I noted the rules about skill certificates and in order to do that, she'd need to master Logic. Since her career in the Culinary field doesn't involve logic, could I still use the Logic skill certificate for a different heir?

Questions about the Life States Dynasty should probably be asked in it's own thread. :)

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #6314 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:29 AM »
Quite right you are, LOL. That was an accident, I apologize.
- Eisande

anything