Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3409110 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6285 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
Once someone has eaten ambrosia - they are allowed to carry a deathflower in case of accidental death.  So your dynasty is fine. 

On the subject of pets bringing back a sim, there is a way to avoid that so after the first time there is no excuse to really allow a pet to extend a sim's life.  If it's an immortal, no biggie.  If it's not an immortal than it's a problem.    The way you know if a pet is going to bring a Sim back to life is when you see the action "Harass Death" in their queue.  It can be cancelled.

Was I right about Artie too?

Also: yours appears to have been posted after I hit submit on this... according to my computer clock.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6286 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
Was I right about Artie too?

Also: yours appears to have been posted after I hit submit on this... according to my computer clock.

How strange about the clock thing.  And yes Artie has died like 4 times.  Once by old age and three times by butt fire.  He has 32 death flowers in his inventory.  Just in case.  He is not failing this time!

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6287 on: October 29, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
How strange about the clock thing.  And yes Artie has died like 4 times.  Once by old age and three times by butt fire.  He has 32 death flowers in his inventory.  Just in case.  He is not failing this time!

How are you growing so many? They die after one picking and it seems that Revive never works on them?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6288 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
How are you growing so many? They die after one picking and it seems that Revive never works on them?

Revive almost always works for me.  I have 32 in Artie's inventory, 14 in Ares, 8 for Apollo, 2 for Amon, 10 for Aker and Angus probably has another 20 or so.  I grow them 8 at a time and I revive half of them probably every time they become harvestable.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6289 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
Revive always work for me as well, just remember you need a green thumb.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6290 on: October 29, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »
My sim is a green thumb, and she tried to revive several death flowers, they all failed, and I had to replant the ones I just harvested for a net gain of 0  >:(

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6291 on: October 29, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
Give it time.  Maybe your Sim will get better at doing it over time.   You never know with this game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6292 on: October 29, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »
Give it time.  Maybe your Sim will get better at doing it over time.   You never know with this game.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that all the Death Flowers were in pots?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6293 on: October 29, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that all the Death Flowers were in pots?

Highly likely.  The only plants I put in pots are the new supernatural ones so that could definitely be it. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6294 on: October 29, 2012, 10:46:45 PM »
I have had an issue and I need a ruling on it regarding whether or not I can continue on with my current dynasty attempt or not. It was partly bad luck and partly stupidity on my part.

I was in the dynasty playing away and had to leave the house for a bit. I didn't save/close the game before I left, but kept it on. (the stupidity on my part bit)

While I was gone, for all of 30 - 45 minutes, electrical people came to the house and needed to turn off all appliances in the house because they were adjusting some tarrifs. So, my computer was turned off, and some things saved, but not the game progress. (because, afterall it was just a game) (the bad luck bit)

Nothing much has happened in the game since my last save (the biggest thing was that Cycl0n3 finished the final sculpting challenge (the 5 sculptures of each material one)). There has certainly been nothing like a death in the family, a burglary, a meteor or anything of that ilk.

So, may I continue on with this attempt, or should I be restarting?

Dek

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6295 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:43 AM »
I think your visit from Grim gets scheduled at midnight - so if you ate ambrosia the day you were supposed to die, it won't reset that. (Arguably it should.)

While I've never tested or seen proof of it, I think it'd be 3AM as that's when most game processes take place, as far as I know.

I have had an issue and I need a ruling on it regarding whether or not I can continue on with my current dynasty attempt or not. It was partly bad luck and partly stupidity on my part.

I was in the dynasty playing away and had to leave the house for a bit. I didn't save/close the game before I left, but kept it on. (the stupidity on my part bit)

While I was gone, for all of 30 - 45 minutes, electrical people came to the house and needed to turn off all appliances in the house because they were adjusting some tarrifs. So, my computer was turned off, and some things saved, but not the game progress. (because, afterall it was just a game) (the bad luck bit)

Nothing much has happened in the game since my last save (the biggest thing was that Cycl0n3 finished the final sculpting challenge (the 5 sculptures of each material one)). There has certainly been nothing like a death in the family, a burglary, a meteor or anything of that ilk.

Dek

I think that'd be in the same boat as the game crashing on you. You weren't expecting the Electrical People, just like you don't expect a crash, so it's not technically "your fault". I could be wrong though.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6296 on: October 30, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »

Dek

You're fine, Dek.  Sounds like it was out of your control. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6297 on: October 30, 2012, 01:39:03 AM »
Thanks Pam and Seabody. I'll just save when I leave the computer in the future. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6298 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:08 AM »
In case you don't know,  there is currently a huge bug going on with weddings where two people who don't live in the same household aren't getting the option to move in with one another.  All the buffs and wedding presents are appearing but the actual marriage/moving into a new household is broken.    Until I've heard more, just bear this in mind and move the Sim in before getting married.

Edit: This came with the new patch 1.42.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6299 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Edit: This came with the new patch 1.42.
Sheesh, it seems every patch that fixes things also breaks other things.  ::)