Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250335 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6090 on: October 13, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Like Trip says, before Supernatural came out, you weren't allowed to have cured occults in the house because the only way to cure them was to have them in the house first which was against the rules.   Now that we have Supernatural and potent cure elixirs, they need to be cured before they move in.   This is also true for the Townie DecaDynasty.  They have to be cured before you move in for that one though.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

naniminna

« Reply #6091 on: October 13, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
Hi! I had a  bug on my founder, where she always has the moodlet hunted, even when there no vampires around and she is in her own home. She has had this nonstop for 1 and 1/2 weeks, and it's driving me crazy! Is there anything I can do about it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6092 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
Yes, in the rules it says you're allowed to use TestingCheatsEnabled true to shift+click off the hunted moodlet.  Then just remember to turn testingcheatsenabled to false once you've done it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6093 on: October 13, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
I just wanted to check on what I've done to Riverview in edit town regarding the placement of lots from later expansion packs there.

In the area in which the Crosby's and Broke's live, I modified the size of the three empty lots (by deleting them and replacing them with 30x20 and 30x30 lots) and putting "The Watering Hole Saloon (dive bar)" in the empty lot next to the empty house described as 'Low Water', "Gypsy's Landing" in the lot across the path from the dive bar and "Graham's Pet Shop" next to Gypsy's Landing.

Over near where the Spinsters, Grandpas and Lins live, there is a lovely 30x20 spare lot, which was aligned the right way and everything for the fire station. I moved the fire station from its current location (a 40x30 lot, I believe) to this location. Also, behind the Grandpas and Spenster Sister houses there is a 40x30 lot holding "Barney's Saloon and Tattoo". I moved out Barney's and brought in the "Red Velvet Lounge" in its place.

The fire station was on or 40x30 lot on a path near where the Simovitch and the Lobos family lives. I've put 'The Grind' there now.

Finally, on Hidden Grove Lane (where the game automagically places "Flying V's Coffee Shop" and "Performance Park", I have put "Faux Paws Dog Park" and "Pump it Up Pony Training Ground" next to the Performance Park and "Little Acres Cat Jungle" and "Barney's Saloon and Tattoo" next to the Coffee Shop.

There are still some empty lots around town. I didn't touch the empty houses or the occupied houses.

Is what I have described above acceptable?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6094 on: October 13, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
That sounds fine Dek.    If you want I could show you a picture of what I've done to Riverview that you might find ridiculously interesting but it covers everything and it's for my Life States Dynasty in the future.

Sounds like you are good and I wish you the utmost of luck.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6095 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been asked before: I just can't find it.

Can a male non-immortal sim have children who do not live in the dynasty household i.e. get sims not living in the dynasty household pregnant? Is this ok with the game rules?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6096 on: October 14, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been asked before: I just can't find it.

Can a male non-immortal sim have children who do not live in the dynasty household i.e. get sims not living in the dynasty household pregnant? Is this ok with the game rules?

There are no restrictions on having children outside of the home.  Several dynasties have done that on the story boards including some that are the HoF list. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6097 on: October 14, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Back again!  So, I've reached household capacity with 2 immortals, the gen 3 heir, her spouce, a nooboo, a cat, a unicorn, 2 adult horses and a foal.  Needless to say, I'm micro managing away like mad, thank goodness for rabbit hole careers for 3 of the adults. 

But I recently purchaced the cemetary as one of the third gen's requirements and it's insisting I place a masoleum, even thoght there's already one on the property. Is there a work around for this or am I going to have to shoehorn in a second masoleum?  Riverview's cemetary isn't all that big and a second structure is going to be awkward to fit.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6098 on: October 14, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
You just have to try and fit it in. I seem to recall Metro or Rica giving the OK to use moveobjects on to place a second mausoleum, though I'd double-check with them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6099 on: October 14, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
As Trip said, you could use MoveObjects on to place it on top of the existing one.    Or what I did in my dynasty was I built a series of basements and with moveObjects placed the second mausoleum down into the ground where it wouldn't show. 

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6100 on: October 14, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »
As Trip said, you could use MoveObjects on to place it on top of the existing one.    Or what I did in my dynasty was I built a series of basements and with moveObjects placed the second mausoleum down into the ground where it wouldn't show.

That sounds like a great  idea. I was looking at that second masoluem jammed into the corner and it just was such an awful placement, but hiding it in the ground or ontop of the other one is a great workaround!  Thanks!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6101 on: October 15, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »
I've had a couple glitches with the Nectar Making skill.
1) Vizard of Vine didn't trigger despite using 430 home-grown grapes (French varieties only). I gather this is known and I'm on the honor system regarding it, and I can count it as complete?
2) I'd completed the Mix Master challenge before traveling, and then when I got back from the trip my counter had reset to 0 and the challenge was no longer marked complete. May I still count it, or should I redo it?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6102 on: October 15, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
These are known bugs especially when travelling is involved.  Go ahead and count them both if they are indeed really completed.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #6103 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
Can we move EA's bin families into the neighborhood?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6104 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »
No.  You may not add any Sims to your neighborhood other than your founder, alive or dead.