Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230666 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6015 on: October 07, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
I guess to advocate, utilities such as the Autolauncher are allowed for dynasties under the fact that they don't even touch the actual gameplay. NoCD touches the gameplay about as much as the Autolauncher does.

It's Metro's call in the end, but that's my $.02.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6016 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
Oh yes.  Grandpa is definately going to help out with the raising.  Everyone on short sleep shifts until nooboo develops a sleep cycle!

And congrats!  It's a great feeling to get the first one done, since you have the least amount of time to get all the requirements in.

This time, my founder had actually gotten everything achieved prior to reaching Elder. I was actually quite surprised at how easy things seemed to be. Actually, founder maxed his self employed career (Sculpting) about a week before his Elder birthday, and that gave enough time for my friendly witch to make friendship elixirs on her alchemy station for him to practice his pitching skills. I've got three people able to do ice sim sculptures and (I think) 3 able to do portraits and photographs. And multiples for the fishing and gardening and cooking. This has been my most successful attempt yet.

It has ONLY taken my hmmm ... 50 tries perhaps? :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6017 on: October 07, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
Is this mod allowed? It doesn't affect actual gameplay.

From the rules on the first page:

All modifications (mods) are banned. Period. Mods are patches that typically alter some component of gameplay. But, even if a mod supposedly does not alter gameplay you cannot use it. Remove all mods before beginning.

So, that's a definite no.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6018 on: October 08, 2012, 04:50:29 AM »
Hhhmmm, and here I thought the Immortal lifetime reward would be useful for this challenge.  :P  Seems more sensible than making ambrosia all the time.  Oh, well, I can use it still for the after story.  I need to get back to my dynasty soon.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6019 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »
Hhhmmm, and here I thought the Immortal lifetime reward would be useful for this challenge.  :P  Seems more sensible than making ambrosia all the time.  Oh, well, I can use it still for the after story.  I need to get back to my dynasty soon.

The Immortal LTR is only for vampires so it wouldn't even be a factor for the Immortal Dynasty since vampires aren't allowed.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6020 on: October 08, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »
Due to recent deaths, my founder needs extra best friends.

Thankfully, Zelda Mae made up some additional friendship potions.

Thankfully I also had backups regarding cooking ambrosia, painting portraits and sculpting, else that would have been a calamity. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6021 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »
Due to recent deaths, my founder needs extra best friends.

Thankfully, Zelda Mae made up some additional friendship potions.

Thankfully I also had backups regarding cooking ambrosia, painting portraits and sculpting, else that would have been a calamity. :)
Whoo!  Thank Goodness indeeed!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6022 on: October 08, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
Grim loves my house, apparently ... he's visited us for the second time within 24 sim hours. :( and no parties either time.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #6023 on: October 08, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
From the rules on the first page:

So, that's a definite no.
Thanks anyway, Pam.
It allows you to run the game without having the CD in the drive? Why in the world would you want to do that?

(While I've no say, of course, my feeling would be no, because while it doesn't affect gameplay, it does affect how the program itself runs.)
My game keeps doing the "Disk authorization failure" thing on the menu, Seabody showed the mod to me, which should fix the problem. I wanted to see if I could still have it running when I am on my dynasty file. No biggy, I'll just have to open it several times and it will eventually work. :P
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6024 on: October 08, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
Oh wow, that's terrible it keeps doing that.

I wonder if it's a problem with the disk itself, or with the reader on your computer?

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6025 on: October 08, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »
I have some questions about placing EA Lots. I'm playing in SSV. Normally the Film Studio gets placed at the end of Pinnacle Point. However with Supernatural the Vampire lounge is placed there. Can I move the Vampire lounge (which I never use) and place the film studio there? or do I need to create a separate lot, and place it. If I need to create a separate lot; can I go into the lot to flatten it? or would I need to purchase it with my sim family and then go in and flatten it? The reason I want to flatten the lot is because when you place a building sometimes there is no way for your sims to actually get to the building.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6026 on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
If you don't want the Vampire Lounge - get rid of it and then place the studio there like you wanted. 

As for flattening the lot, it doesn't always happen to all sides that you can't get in and it depends on the property and the exact placement of it's lot.   If you place it and none of your Sims can really get into it.  Let me and Metro know later and we'll work with you on it.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6027 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:12 PM »
Thanks anyway, Pam.My game keeps doing the "Disk authorization failure" thing on the menu, Seabody showed the mod to me, which should fix the problem. I wanted to see if I could still have it running when I am on my dynasty file. No biggy, I'll just have to open it several times and it will eventually work. :P

I used to get that problem all the time. I now bypass the launcher by opening the game directly. I can't remember how exactly to do it, as I now have it set up to open sims when I press a specific key on my computer keyboard. Since I started doing it this way, I have never had that problem come up. It isn't a mod, just a different way of loading the game.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #6028 on: October 08, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
By passing the launcher that way isn't difficult. You just need to go to where you chose to install the game and go to in order The Sims 3 - Game - Bin and then chose to send a copy of the TS3W exe file to your desktop. Clicking on the icon there will bypass the launcher and open the game directly.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6029 on: October 08, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
If you don't want the Vampire Lounge - get rid of it and then place the studio there like you wanted. 

As for flattening the lot, it doesn't always happen to all sides that you can't get in and it depends on the property and the exact placement of it's lot.   If you place it and none of your Sims can really get into it.  Let me and Metro know later and we'll work with you on it.
Sounds good. As far as empty lots such as Pinochle point are we free to delete them and replace them with bigger lots. my example is the 30x30 pinochle point lots. I want to make 40 x40 lots to place the small equestrian and some clubs. Also can we move lots to other places? example the junkyard and the elixir store?

anything