Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248793 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6000 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »
Just remember any career your founder does, if he reaches level 10 - that career is no longer available for another heir/immortal's career requirement.   Which is why if the time machine changes your career to that of another immortal's career at level 10, you can fail if they've both already eaten ambrosia.

Can the time machine change careers to/from Self Employed Careers, or just rabbit hole careers? I thought it was the rabbit hole careers that could be changed by the time machine, and only to other rabbit hole careers. At least that's what happened to me, my founder in the Province Dynasty Supermaxed Cooking Skill and Maxed the Cooking Career and then through the time machine travels of one of his sons, he changed to being top of the medical career (which is one I've never maxed personally/intentionally before)

I was going to have each Immortal max a self employed career as their unique maxed career (I worked out there were at least eight options) and then change them to a rabbit hole career to keep them out of my hair.

My understanding was that one could get the following as Self Employed Career options if one has all the expansion packs (which I do have):
Writing
Painting
Gardening
Fishing
Sculpting
Inventing
Photography
Alchemy
Nectar Making
Riding
Mixology

I've had the least experience with Mixology, Riding, Nectar Making, Alchemy and Photography, however.

My founder did Sculpting and Gen 2 will do painting when he/she is born.

With Photography, I plan to have the person with that as a career supermax another, easier skill to supermax, possibly cooking or charisma (to me, charisma seems to go hand in hand to some extent with photography, and I do find it kind of easy to supermax). Charisma is of most interest to me as it seems that it is less likely to be 'accidentally' mastered by someone else.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6001 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »
Time machine can only change rabbit holes - as far as I know that is correct.  I've never had a self employed person change careers. 

Sounds like you have it perfectly planned!  Mixology is not a self employment career though.  The most you can do for that is moonlight.   As for the others you don't know much about, when it comes time just ask questions.  I could probably help on riding and nectar making.  I know a person or two that could help with alchemy and photography.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6002 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
Dek:

Charisma is very likely to be accidentally maxed by anyone that learns it. I have a legacy, and pretty much once someone learns a point in charisma, the Celebrity Challenge is already completed and they shoot up to level 10 in short order.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6003 on: October 05, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
I brought in a witch to play around with witch things and alchemy. I'm finding it surprisingly easy to do, especially when I compare it to something like the potions from logic, which I seemed to struggle with.

Good to know about mixology. It wasn't really entering part of my plans. I'll be sure to ask questions.

Edit: Thanks for that, Wiry, I guess that Charisma might be out then. I've got time to plan that further, anyway.

A question related to the following by Ricalynn over on the Decadynasty Thread.

You could buy a park and use community objects to place the diner from base game but you would lose that property as a property as soon as the rabbit hole was placed.

I do this on properties in Sunset Valley for my current attempt at this challenge, but I place the 'Subway' community object on them. Does that mean that property no longer qualifies as the property? What about when you have purchased the graveyard and as a requirement to upgrade it you have to place a mausoleum on it, the mausoleum is counted as a rabbit hole as well, isn't it. Would that then invalidate the graveyard.

I have more than enough money in the account to get another property and upgrade it prior to founder eating his ambrosia, but want to check on this :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6004 on: October 06, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
A question related to the following by Ricalynn over on the Decadynasty Thread.

You could buy a park and use community objects to place the diner from base game but you would lose that property as a property as soon as the rabbit hole was placed.

I do this on properties in Sunset Valley for my current attempt at this challenge, but I place the 'Subway' community object on them. Does that mean that property no longer qualifies as the property? What about when you have purchased the graveyard and as a requirement to upgrade it you have to place a mausoleum on it, the mausoleum is counted as a rabbit hole as well, isn't it. Would that then invalidate the graveyard.

I have more than enough money in the account to get another property and upgrade it prior to founder eating his ambrosia, but want to check on this :)

A subway isn't considered a rabbit hole in the way that the business career or the diner is so it doesn't change a lot from a property.   A mausoleum works the same way.   You need two for the upgrade but the graveyard will remain a graveyard.    However, every other rabbit hole in the community lots bin will react the way I mentioned: The Vault of Antiquity, Gypsy Wagon, Diner, Stadium, Studio, and so on.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6005 on: October 06, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Thanks for explaining that Ricalynn.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6006 on: October 06, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
*whew*  My first Immortal has finally qualified.  Though keeping good notes is key,  as well as making sure all your ducks are in a row.  I swore I'd taken a photo of him in his adult stage, but it's nowhere to be found.  Thankfully his offical portrait is on display, so I didn't lose the whole shooting match!  I must say, a top level business career is rather nice.  3 days a week for 3 hours a day leaves me with a lot of time to have him take meetings at other locations, practice ice sculpting and make tips on his guitar.  he won't be retiring any time soon!  And getting a cat was a very good move, the little fellow fished up so much good stuff!   Even a 700kg robot fish out of the little backyard pond!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6007 on: October 06, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
*whew*  My first Immortal has finally qualified.  Though keeping good notes is key,  as well as making sure all your ducks are in a row.  I swore I'd taken a photo of him in his adult stage, but it's nowhere to be found.  Thankfully his official portrait is on display, so I didn't lose the whole shooting match!  I must say, a top level business career is rather nice.  3 days a week for 3 hours a day leaves me with a lot of time to have him take meetings at other locations, practice ice sculpting and make tips on his guitar.  he won't be retiring any time soon!  And getting a cat was a very good move, the little fellow fished up so much good stuff!   Even a 700kg robot fish out of the little backyard pond!
Congratulations on your first immortal, MissTrips!

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6008 on: October 07, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal, MissTrips!

Thank you!  heh.  My second gen had gone out looking for a wife, found a lovely unattached Chinese explorer in Egypt and invited her home to be wooed.  The goal was for her to spend time getting her lifetime wish done while he worked his way to adulthood before having kids.  The wedding went off without a hitch... and she's a week from elder!  Abandon plan!  Emergency nooboos!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6009 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
Thank you!  heh.  My second gen had gone out looking for a wife, found a lovely unattached Chinese explorer in Egypt and invited her home to be wooed.  The goal was for her to spend time getting her lifetime wish done while he worked his way to adulthood before having kids.  The wedding went off without a hitch... and she's a week from elder!  Abandon plan!  Emergency nooboos!

I think it's fairly safe to say that most, if not all, NPCs in the game are adults.  You'll risk this situation any time you marry an NPC.  Maids are notorious for being close to elderhood.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6010 on: October 07, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
I think it's fairly safe to say that most, if not all, NPCs in the game are adults.  You'll risk this situation any time you marry an NPC.  Maids are notorious for being close to elderhood.

I'll keep that in mind and try to get spouses from peers that have aged with them.  Or in case of a later generation spouse, someone who won't live very long after helping to bring in the next generation.  This one would have been perfect for a gen 6 or gen 7 momma, she's going to be an elder right around the same time as their child bcomes a toddler.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #6011 on: October 07, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Is this mod allowed? It doesn't affect actual gameplay.
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6012 on: October 07, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »

Your founder could perhaps help look after the 3rd gen nooboo? After all, he's an immortal, and only works for 3 days a week, I believe. Gives them a lot of time for grandparent/grandchild bonding time.

oh and my founder is ready to be immortalised. :)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6013 on: October 07, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »
Your founder could perhaps help look after the 3rd gen nooboo? After all, he's an immortal, and only works for 3 days a week, I believe. Gives them a lot of time for grandparent/grandchild bonding time.

oh and my founder is ready to be immortalised. :)

Oh yes.  Grandpa is definately going to help out with the raising.  Everyone on short sleep shifts until nooboo develops a sleep cycle!

And congrats!  It's a great feeling to get the first one done, since you have the least amount of time to get all the requirements in.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6014 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
Is this mod allowed? It doesn't affect actual gameplay.

It allows you to run the game without having the CD in the drive? Why in the world would you want to do that?

(While I've no say, of course, my feeling would be no, because while it doesn't affect gameplay, it does affect how the program itself runs.)