Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248884 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5985 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
You can place EA buildings down so yes you can use edit town to place the elixir Store.   Remember the gypsy wagon will make whatever property you put it on turn into a rabbit hole so it will no longer count for an heir's requirements and you could fail if you choose a previous immortals property to do this on.  Or you could buy an extra property and do it? or my personal favorite - save the gypsy wagon lot from Moonlight Falls and place it in town.  Not sure you'll find space in Union Cove but sometimes that's the easiest way for other towns

The book corral automatically updates to include skill books but the bookshelf with the glass shelves also does skill books and if you're using Union Cove, that means one of the two are already available in the library and should have the alchemy available for reading. 

Woot, means that when I have time I can continue with Ciaran~
He's orange. xD
Annnd after I get farther in his store (He's on day two) i'll post his story on the forums. =D

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5986 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I've just been playing my dynasty file, and as my sim has to supermax the cooking skill I've been getting her to cook and cook and cook - I just told her to make pancakes, then left her, and I went to control the other sims in the household. A little while later that day, I saw the pancakes on the table and when I moused over them to put them away in the fridge, it said they were life fruit pancakes! I've been very careful not to to store any life fruit or anything of the sort in the fridge, so all I can think is that my sim must have used life fruit from her inventory. I had no idea that they could do that! My problem is, I'm not sure if any of the sims in the household may have eaten them (I can't from the life of me remember, and they may have done it autonomously) I know the rules about adding days - can life fruit pancakes add a day?? Does this possibility (If any of the sims even ate them) disqualify my from the HoF? I would be so disappointed if it does, but I want to make sure I play to the rules.

Please help! :(
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5987 on: October 04, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
When a life fruit is used in a dish other than ambrosia it doesn't have any life increasing abilities. So don't worry, you haven't failed.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5988 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »
When a life fruit is used in a dish other than ambrosia it doesn't have any life increasing abilities. So don't worry, you haven't failed.

I'm not certain of that.  Seems like there has been a time when life fruit in any recipe would add a day.  It might just be nectar, though.  Rica probably knows for sure.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5989 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I've just been playing my dynasty file, and as my sim has to supermax the cooking skill I've been getting her to cook and cook and cook - I just told her to make pancakes, then left her, and I went to control the other sims in the household. A little while later that day, I saw the pancakes on the table and when I moused over them to put them away in the fridge, it said they were life fruit pancakes! I've been very careful not to to store any life fruit or anything of the sort in the fridge, so all I can think is that my sim must have used life fruit from her inventory. I had no idea that they could do that! My problem is, I'm not sure if any of the sims in the household may have eaten them (I can't from the life of me remember, and they may have done it autonomously) I know the rules about adding days - can life fruit pancakes add a day?? Does this possibility (If any of the sims even ate them) disqualify my from the HoF? I would be so disappointed if it does, but I want to make sure I play to the rules.

Please help! :(

Have you even actually checked as to whether anyone has gained a day or not?

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5990 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:09 AM »
Have you even actually checked as to whether anyone has gained a day or not?

I'd thought of that, ladyaya but I haven't played for a while, and I'd lost track of how many days most of the household were from ageing up - so I wouldn't know if a day had been added or not.
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5991 on: October 05, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »
I'm not certain of that.  Seems like there has been a time when life fruit in any recipe would add a day.  It might just be nectar, though.  Rica probably knows for sure.
I remember seeing somewhere that only actually eating life fruit did that but I may be wrong.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5992 on: October 05, 2012, 04:45:50 AM »
I'm pretty certain that the life fruit nectar gives your Sim an extra day.  If Seabody wanders by, maybe he can check the code of the game for us.  *Reaches for the Bat Phone*
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5993 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:26 AM »
I just happened to have some Life Fruit Pancakes in my fridge in my Life States Dynasty and Jayce didn't get an extra day when he ate it.

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #5994 on: October 05, 2012, 08:41:02 AM »
From The Sims Wiki:-

They can be eaten raw to restore one day of lifespan. Meals made with life fruit, such as life fruit pancakes, do not have the same rejuvenating effect.

So I'm taking that to mean raw gives an extra day, cooked has no effect, ambrosia back to start of life stage. I haven't noticed what happens age wise after eating life fruit pancakes (for example).

If a Sim with the Nectar Making[TS3:WA] skill makes a nectar bottle with more than 50% life fruit (6 or more), then the nectar will provide an extra day of lifespan. A life fruit plant can be found and harvested in a tomb in the Pyramid of the Sky in Al Simhara, Egypt.[TS3:WA]

As nectar with any life fruit is banned in the Immortal Dynasty as per the rules, this I just added out of interest. You have to complete the whole tomb to get to the life plant and Death Flower.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5995 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »
Like Gogo & Nicole said, the pancakes don't actually effect your life anymore that I've tested. 

NeeNee - you're doing fine so don't worry.  I always use my life fruit for fertilizer and when I'm done it goes into a chest.  Before I had chests, it went inside the foundation of my house or on the floor of a basement.  Good luck with the rest of your dynasty.

Gogo & NicoleML - thank you both for the testing & information. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5996 on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »
Just wanted to reconfirm something. My founder has maxed his career (Self-Employed Sculptor). He has his six best friends (and a friendly witch to brew him more friendship potions should he need them) and all the other requirements save his Elder Painting (he's 4 or 5 days away from Elderhood). He even has the needed life fruit and death fish for ambrosia and death seeds in storage. Oh, and my back ups to Agnes in case she dies and is unable to paint/sculpt/cook ambrosia in preparation for Sculptor Elfin are all in place. Can he change careers at this point and do something crazy (like become a rockstar or the like) before he becomes an immortal, or does he need to remain in his unique maxed career until he eats ambrosia?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5997 on: October 05, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »

• 2. Max a career (rabbit-hole, profession, or self-employed). All immortals’ careers must be different from each other. As long as your immortal did max a unique career they do not need to be at level 10 when it’s time to eat Ambrosia—retiring is an option.

Just remember any career your founder does, if he reaches level 10 - that career is no longer available for another heir/immortal's career requirement.   Which is why if the time machine changes your career to that of another immortal's career at level 10, you can fail if they've both already eaten ambrosia.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5998 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
I'm pretty certain that the life fruit nectar gives your Sim an extra day.  If Seabody wanders by, maybe he can check the code of the game for us.  *Reaches for the Bat Phone*

As it happens, I was looking at that the other day. I can confirm that this information is correct:

If a Sim with the Nectar Making[TS3:WA] skill makes a nectar bottle with more than 50% life fruit (6 or more), then the nectar will provide an extra day of lifespan. A life fruit plant can be found and harvested in a tomb in the Pyramid of the Sky in Al Simhara, Egypt.[TS3:WA]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5999 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
Thanks for answering the call, Batman Seabody