Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248545 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5850 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:36 AM »
A) You can count it but if you get the chance to do another one during the other three life states pre-ambrosia count the new one instead because it was actually completed.

B) You're in Appaloosa Plains?  Is there room for you to take the one rabbit hole and put in two on that same lot?   This newly released bug isn't exactly a game breaker for this type of dynasty because the school opps don't have to be used for BlackOps.  They're just one of the options for getting them done.    I'm not sure you can get them both on the same lot because I know unless it's a combination rabbit hole that the stadiums seem to take up a massive amount of space.   It won't be pretty but if you can get it done then I'm ok with allowing you to do this.

Anyone else who has this type of problem - please post or PM Metro & myself about it before taking liberty of doing the same thing as cathyknits.

It may not be the best fix, but I think using one of the school-only rabbitholes and leaving the combination rabbithole where it was would work. I'd need to check, but I know it's possible to have two schools in town. Also, I don't know if cathyknits has Lunar Lakes, but is the stadium there one of the tiny rabbitholes? I can't remember, I thought it was only the science center that wasn't.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5851 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »
I just re-re-re-restarted my dynasty, and moved in someone. I forgot about the current bug about selling things from inventories, and had to sell things twice (once the usual way, and once from buy mode once I realized what happened). However, I used the family funds cheat to bring back the family's funds to what they were if I only sold the items once. Does this count as a lawful use of the cheat? Day one isn't even over, so I'm not too angry if I have to start again.

Also, just to be sure, curing supernaturals through elixirs is okay? I haven't really played with alchemy yet, but from what I've read, it seems like it's possible to cure supernaturals with elixirs even when you're not controlling them. If this isn't how it works/it's not allowed in the dynasty, I'll just have to re-work my plan for spouses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5852 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
Even though you had the bug, you have no control over it so you could have kept the money and not used the cheat.  Technically you weren't supposed to use the cheat beyond it's initial use.   I consider it much like the game glitch that randomly gives your family money that equals a car being sold which is out of your control and therefore allowed.   I think you're ok just this once but don't use the cheat again.

As for curing with elixirs, it's absolutely allowed as long as you don't cure someone while in your household.  They need to be cured outside of your household.  Just throw it at them and have a blast.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5853 on: September 18, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »
Glad about the second one.

As for the first, the ruling seems odd (the items in question that I had to sell twice included a Margaret Vaguester; leaving an extra 100,000+ seems really dishonest to me), but I'll accept it. For the sake of my own conscience, I'm electing to restart with the bug firmly in mind. Thanks for the answer. :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5854 on: September 18, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
Please tell me that converting non-household sims is allowed and that I haven't violated the rules  :-[
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5855 on: September 18, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »
Glad about the second one.

As for the first, the ruling seems odd (the items in question that I had to sell twice included a Margaret Vaguester; leaving an extra 100,000+ seems really dishonest to me), but I'll accept it. For the sake of my own conscience, I'm electing to restart with the bug firmly in mind. Thanks for the answer. :)

It's been so long since I moved someone in with a car, I forgot it happens.  I'll talk to Metro just to sure but it is a little out of your control on it happening even if it does feel like cheating.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5856 on: September 18, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
It's been so long since I moved someone in with a car, I forgot it happens.  I'll talk to Metro just to sure but it is a little out of your control on it happening even if it does feel like cheating.

Agreed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #5857 on: September 18, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
The bug of reselling twice makes me feel uneasy too. It affects the painter career in particular.
My non-immortal teen (who may become part of the dynasty later on) sold some beginner pieces to kick-start her painter career. The paintings were sold, but then, duplicates were just hanging out on the lawn - not even attached to a wall - and needed selling again. My founder collected all other paintings from her via walls, and her easle, since. The plan is to sell these to the consignment store to avoid double-selling in the future. I feel, however, that this teen may have had a tiny advantage over pre-patch Sims in selling those early paintings twice. What is your view on this?

Also, my non-immortal cook licked the spoon when making ambrosia. It did not have any effects on her lifestage. But, the fact, that she had a taste of it, bothers me. I hope my challenge is not diqualified because of this?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5858 on: September 18, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »
With the latter, I'm 99% sure that's just a part of the cooking animation.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5859 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
The bug of reselling twice makes me feel uneasy too. It affects the painter career in particular.
My non-immortal teen (who may become part of the dynasty later on) sold some beginner pieces to kick-start her painter career. The paintings were sold, but then, duplicates were just hanging out on the lawn - not even attached to a wall - and needed selling again. My founder collected all other paintings from her via walls, and her easle, since. The plan is to sell these to the consignment store to avoid double-selling in the future. I feel, however, that this teen may have had a tiny advantage over pre-patch Sims in selling those early paintings twice. What is your view on this?

Also, my non-immortal cook licked the spoon when making ambrosia. It did not have any effects on her lifestage. But, the fact, that she had a taste of it, bothers me. I hope my challenge is not diqualified because of this?

If you know it's an issue, then you know how to avoid it so it's not really cheating is it? Unless you do it on purpose to sell 8 vaguesters.   It's a bug and while some people are going to have it, some people won't have it.  I don't have this problem in my dynasty.  I'm near the end and nothing I sell has to be sold twice so it's hit or miss.   I don't even bother with the consignment shop.  It only gives a little boost and in my effort to supermax the art skills I always hit level 10 self-employment without much effort.     At this point, if it really bothers you with the paintings, then yes use the consignment shop or just use buy mode.   Even in a file that made me sell twice, it never made me do it in buy mode so just place the items on the ground/table/with moveObjects on and sell the first time that way.   

Otherwise, Metro and I have both agreed that since it's a bug, if you have to sell an item twice, it's ok.  Just make sure when you sell it the second time to use buy mode to do it. 

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #5860 on: September 19, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
My Dyansty file fell victim to the glitch where if you save and exit on a full moon, zombies will continuously spawn. Agnes got chomped, and I threw an elixer at her, and one sim who I moved in went zombie, and got pelted by a peashooter, so I think she's better. What exactly are the rules regarding zombies, and is there any cheat or method I can use to curb this that doesn't involve me breaking the Immortal Dynasty rules?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5861 on: September 19, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum Gwendy. :) If you've got a Peashooter, arm your yard with them. You could also turn the full moon off, though I don't think that's allowed.

SimBlip

« Reply #5862 on: September 19, 2012, 06:31:28 AM »
If you know it's an issue, then you know how to avoid it so it's not really cheating is it? Unless you do it on purpose to sell 8 vaguesters.   It's a bug and while some people are going to have it, some people won't have it.  I don't have this problem in my dynasty.  I'm near the end and nothing I sell has to be sold twice so it's hit or miss.   I don't even bother with the consignment shop.  It only gives a little boost and in my effort to supermax the art skills I always hit level 10 self-employment without much effort.     At this point, if it really bothers you with the paintings, then yes use the consignment shop or just use buy mode.   Even in a file that made me sell twice, it never made me do it in buy mode so just place the items on the ground/table/with moveObjects on and sell the first time that way.   

Otherwise, Metro and I have both agreed that since it's a bug, if you have to sell an item twice, it's ok.  Just make sure when you sell it the second time to use buy mode to do it.

Thank you, Ricalynn and Metro

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5863 on: September 19, 2012, 07:19:03 AM »
My Dyansty file fell victim to the glitch where if you save and exit on a full moon, zombies will continuously spawn. Agnes got chomped, and I threw an elixer at her, and one sim who I moved in went zombie, and got pelted by a peashooter, so I think she's better. What exactly are the rules regarding zombies, and is there any cheat or method I can use to curb this that doesn't involve me breaking the Immortal Dynasty rules?

Welcome to the forum, Gwendy!

Metro and I talked it over this morning and if it is a serious problem, we don't mind allowing you to use the Supernatural Population Controls cheat once to see if it will clear it up.   

To use the cheat, here are the instructions.

• Press Control+Shift+C to bring up the cheats panel
  • Type in Testingcheatsenabled true, then hit Return/Enter
  • Shift+Click your household mailbox and choose "Supernatural Population Control"
  • Choose "Remove Supernatural Sims from the world", then select only "ZOMBIES!!!"
  • Type in Testingcheatsenabled false, then hit Return/Enter

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5864 on: September 22, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »
So, I ended up in my dynasty with an odd bug where I've got a toddler that will not stop crying, no matter what I do. I've been told I mauy be able to fix this by putting the household in my clipboard and re-placing them at the same lot. Am I allowed to do this?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty