Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248708 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5535 on: August 07, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »
If you lost the painting and she is no longer a Young Adult to get another one made, then she is disqualified/you've failed for HoF.

If you're trying to Hall of Fame and want to abide by all the rules, then it's a redo.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5536 on: August 07, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »
Sigh, okay. I don't care so much about HoF but I do want to follow all the rules. Can't believe I lost that painting....

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5537 on: August 07, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »
When remodeling, it might help to put everyone's portraits and sculptures into family inventory before starting any demolition.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #5538 on: August 07, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
Maybe I've missed it but I've been looking... Are you allowed to select Traits for Generations 1 thru 8 or do they have to be random?
- Eisande

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5539 on: August 07, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »

• Create 1 Young Adult (using a Swap Shop Sim is also fine). Traits and LTW are unrestricted.

This is true for all generations just remember that LTWs can't be the same for any two immortals though.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #5540 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
Thanks. :) I feel silly, I found the answer. I may have to do this challenge...
- Eisande

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5541 on: August 07, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »
Quick question: I had a portrait painted of my founder as a Young Adult, but when I remodeled the house I lost the painting (*facepalm*). Does this disqualify her from becoming immortal / do I need to start over?

Sorry if someone's already asked this, I didn't want to read through all 200-some pages....
If you demolished the wall and noticed the missing portrait before leaving build/buy mode, just remember you can hit undo (though it may be annoying as heck!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #5542 on: August 07, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
Decided to start up an immortal dynasty again, and ran into a very annoying thing that most likely means I've got a failure. >.<

A character I brought into the household as a painter for the first few generations did try for a baby with a guy in the town. About 2 days later he's turned into a vampire. The baby is born, and she's a vampire, despite the woohooing occurring when the guy wasn't a vamp.  :(

I'm assuming it's just a sad thing to happen and I'll have to start my dynasty again. Don't know of any way to move the baby to the vampire dad's household instead. :/

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5543 on: August 07, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
Decided to start up an immortal dynasty again, and ran into a very annoying thing that most likely means I've got a failure. >.<

A character I brought into the household as a painter for the first few generations did try for a baby with a guy in the town. About 2 days later he's turned into a vampire. The baby is born, and she's a vampire, despite the woohooing occurring when the guy wasn't a vamp.  :(

I'm assuming it's just a sad thing to happen and I'll have to start my dynasty again. Don't know of any way to move the baby to the vampire dad's household instead. :/

Wow, that's quite unfortunate.  I don't see a way to continue because vampires are not allowed in the household.  That will surely make everyone think twice about having babies for housemates.  I'm sorry it happened to you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #5544 on: August 07, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
I think the main problem was that I went off and had fun with a character who wasn't part of the household. If he were part of the household I would have been certain the kid wouldn't end up a blood-sucker.

Think this means I'll need to save before my 7th gen goes off woohooing around the place.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #5545 on: August 07, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »
You could have the baby taken away by the social worker maybe? That is, if you'd still be able to have other children. (You won't be able to adopt if you have Generations installed, according to the Wiki, but it didn't say if any new babies would be automatically taken away.)
- Eisande

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5546 on: August 07, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
Awwww.... :( sorry about that, Castaras. The game can be be vicious sometimes and plays no favorites.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5547 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
I had a similar thing happen in a non dynasty game Claire Ursine's baby was born vamp after Jared Frio got turned on day two.Metro couldn't the vamp child be cured at the science facility as it was a completely random accident that it happened.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5548 on: August 07, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »
Does the museum value only account for certain items (Ie: The sculptures and paintings)? or are other items made by sims allowed to be calculated too?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5549 on: August 07, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
The only three things allowed to count towards a museum total are portraits (Have to have these without you fail), sculptures and photographs.

Photographs have to be of the Sim.  They can't be of a building in the background with the Sim in front of it.  It has to register as something the Sim is doing like pillow fighting, tug of war, best in class career one, celebrity sighting, dancing, etc.

anything