Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248537 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5520 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »
You can keep going. If losing your Founder's last name bothers you, you can have her name changed at City Hall back to her original surname.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5521 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
I'm sure this has been asked and answered:
My CAS founder asked Connor Frio to move in as soon as the opportunity presented itself. They married and now my founders last name is Frio.
Do I start over or can I keep going with this one?

The way to prevent this in the future is to have your founder propose.  The couple's name is decided by who proposes.   

Be sure to go to City Hall during regular business hours for the name change.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #5522 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
The Frio name is fine with me.   ;D
I created my sim to be Connor's wife. This way the Frio name will not die out.
Thank you Audren and Pam for the quick response to my query.
 ;)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5523 on: August 06, 2012, 07:10:16 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post this, I was wondering - what qualifies you for the Hall Of Fame? Sorry if the answer's obvious, I'm new to the forum and I'm curious.  :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5524 on: August 06, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
Completing the requirements on the first page in the ruleset, without something happening to disqualify you.

(That's the short version).

Max a unique career. Supermax a unique skill. Complete the required museum piece (portrait for each of the 6 stages of life for Gen 2-8, as Gen 1 only needs for last 3). Have 6 unique best friends. Complete 6 unique opportunities (WA adventures do not count). Rinse, repeat, maintain for 8 generations by use of Ambrosia.

Is the very very basic version. Anything that breaks this disqualifies you.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #5525 on: August 06, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post this, I was wondering - what qualifies you for the Hall Of Fame? Sorry if the answer's obvious, I'm new to the forum and I'm curious.  :D
Similar to what Shirin said, follow all the rules on the first page. If something happens and you're not sure if you're disqualified just ask in this thread. It might also help reading some of the completed dynasties that made the HoF.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5526 on: August 06, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »
Completing the requirements on the first page in the ruleset, without something happening to disqualify you.

(That's the short version).

Max a unique career. Supermax a unique skill. Complete the required museum piece (portrait for each of the 6 stages of life for Gen 2-8, as Gen 1 only needs for last 3). Have 6 unique best friends. Complete 6 unique opportunities (WA adventures do not count). Rinse, repeat, maintain for 8 generations by use of Ambrosia.

Is the very very basic version. Anything that breaks this disqualifies you.

I see, thanks! That's what I thought it was! But then I saw the 'Completed Dynasties' thread, and got confused, thinking maybe there was another requirement to be HoF worthy. I'm playing the basic version now, (No cheats, mods, or extra rules or anything) but I'm only on gen 1. Here's hoping she eats Ambrosia! Thanks again for your help.  :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5527 on: August 06, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
Similar to what Shirin said, follow all the rules on the first page. If something happens and you're not sure if you're disqualified just ask in this thread. It might also help reading some of the completed dynasties that made the HoF.

Thanks, TallStar! ;D That's a good idea, so far I haven't had any trouble, I'm keeping meticulous notes. And I've learned not to store my Life Fruit in the fridge, in my first attempt, my sim made Life Fruit pancakes without me knowing.  ::)

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
« Reply #5528 on: August 06, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
I thought life fruit pancakes dont add days?
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5529 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
I think it does just like the drinks add days if made with life fruit.  Even if it doesn't, your Sim is still eating life fruit which is against the rules for all Sims except immortals that have eaten ambrosia the first time.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5530 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
Thanks, TallStar! ;D That's a good idea, so far I haven't had any trouble, I'm keeping meticulous notes. And I've learned not to store my Life Fruit in the fridge, in my first attempt, my sim made Life Fruit pancakes without me knowing.  ::)

Best thing I've found so far is when you're able to travel (if you have WA, that is), go and buy a chest from one of the vacation lands.

If you don't have WA, build a basement that has no stairs or elevator or any access, and just store them all down them until needed ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5531 on: August 06, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
Best thing I've found so far is when you're able to travel (if you have WA, that is), go and buy a chest from one of the vacation lands.

If you don't have WA, build a basement that has no stairs or elevator or any access, and just store them all down them until needed ;D

I had my sister store them under her foundation since no one can go there anyway. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5532 on: August 06, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »
That works too!

(I never use foundations because I hate that stairs apparently require special building, and elevators apparently don't work at all)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5533 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »
I store my life fruit and death flowers in my museum on the floor. I give all of my death fish to my founder sim. No one has access to my museum, or at least they shouldn't.

When an immortal qualifies for ambrosia, I give him/her a death flower and have my founder cook, who supermaxed cooking, prepare the ambrosia.

Oh and thanks for the tips regarding the sculpting of my founder as a YA, Agnes has now become a chiselmaster, and is fast closing in on the Permanent Ice challenge.

And yes, I love challenging myself in this. If I'm faced with utter ruin and get through it, I consider the victory to be that much sweeter!

Edit: Yes! Agnes reached her 25 ice statues with 5 days to spare before this founder hit Adult. As a reward I let her sleep before going off and freeing a kid at the school from the clay he fell into and then sculpting my founder.

Dek

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5534 on: August 07, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »
Quick question: I had a portrait painted of my founder as a Young Adult, but when I remodeled the house I lost the painting (*facepalm*). Does this disqualify her from becoming immortal / do I need to start over?

Sorry if someone's already asked this, I didn't want to read through all 200-some pages....

anything