Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250107 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5475 on: August 02, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
I'm a tad confused by the Best Friends requirement. If my founder has their child as a unique best friend, will the child be able to have the founder as a unique best friend?

Yes. If your Founder counts Gen 2 as a Best Friend and Gen 2 counts the Founder then nobody else may claim either of them for their Best Friends.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5476 on: August 02, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
I'm a tad confused by the Best Friends requirement. If my founder has their child as a unique best friend, will the child be able to have the founder as a unique best friend?

Yes, that's ok.  But no other Immortal will be able to count either of those two Sims as their best friend.  To be unique, each best friend can be counted only once.

Edit:  Samoht and I were posting at the same time!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5477 on: August 02, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »
Thanks samoht and Schip :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5478 on: August 03, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »
Two questions here:

1: Do Immortals need to marry?

2: If Mother & Daughter are best friends & both are Immortals then does their friendship count towards their requirement for each of them? By this I mean, can one of the Mother's best friend requirements be her daughter and can the daughters best friend be her mother for the requirement? I just remember reading somewhere that Immortals must have different best friends for it to count or something, so this confuses me a bit.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5479 on: August 03, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »
1: Do Immortals need to marry?

I don't think so. The heir must be born to two parents living in the Dynasty House, so as long as they live there, I think you're fine.

2: If Mother & Daughter are best friends & both are Immortals then does their friendship count towards their requirement for each of them? By this I mean, can one of the Mother's best friend requirements be her daughter and can the daughters best friend be her mother for the requirement? I just remember reading somewhere that Immortals must have different best friends for it to count or something, so this confuses me a bit.

If you mean that the Mother can class the daughter as a BF and the daughter can class the Mother as the BF, you're right. :)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5480 on: August 03, 2012, 07:41:27 AM »
I have a couple more questions about the rules. They probably have really obvious answers, but I want to understand the ruleset 100% before I make my first attempt, and avoid failing for a silly reason.

Rule four states that the property requirements must be bought either via the computer or by sending your sim directly to the lot. Can the property also be bought using the phone?

If I have the Food Replicator LTR as one of my Immortals unique rewards, would they be able to get multiple replicators and still have reward count as unique?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5481 on: August 03, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »
Rule four states that the property requirements must be bought either via the computer or by sending your sim directly to the lot. Can the property also be bought using the phone?

If I have the Food Replicator LTR as one of my Immortals unique rewards, would they be able to get multiple replicators and still have reward count as unique?

I would assume so and hope so.

If a Unique LTHR can be purchased multiple times then you can. So your Founder could supply the family with several Replicators.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5482 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
I would assume so and hope so.

If a Unique LTHR can be purchased multiple times then you can. So your Founder could supply the family with several Replicators.

Yep, if one immortal buys his/her unique item multiple times and passes it around it remains unique to him. It's sneaky but works for me. ;)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5483 on: August 03, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
Thanks samoht and Metro.

I've just started my first attempt and I've got my fingers crossed that it goes well.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5484 on: August 03, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »
If you mean that the Mother can class the daughter as a BF and the daughter can class the Mother as the BF, you're right.

Yeah, that's what I meant thanks.  :) Oops, look like someone asked pratically the same question just before me, on the same page, didn't see that, lol.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5485 on: August 03, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
Just a quick clarification. Dogs can be counted as Best Friends for Immortals, right?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5486 on: August 03, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
Dogs, Cats, Horses and Cars, Oh My!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5487 on: August 03, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »

Cool, thanks Rica.  :D

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5488 on: August 04, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
Quote from: Ricalynn on August 03, 2012, 07:59:26 PM

Unicorns can count as best friends too.  :)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5489 on: August 04, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
Would it be wrong to say "If it he/she/it shows up in your relationship panel, he/she/it counts, as long as he/she/it's not claimed by another immortal?"
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything