Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248645 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5445 on: July 26, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
Selling fish in a foreign territory does not go against the career because you don't work while on vacation.

Spawners from buydebug is a big fat no because buydebug is not an allowed cheat.   

You said you have pets - have you thought about a cat?  Cats can catch every type of fish without a spawner in a pond on your home lot.  I have every type of fish in the game without having ever left my house and this was done in the 5 weeks before my founder became an elder from the start of the game.   If you have the cat do nothing but fish all day then it would be doable in a shorter amount of time and just have that Sim fish for deathfish every night in the cemetery to sell.  The consignment shop tends sell my deathfish for a couple thousand and you can get 5 a night. So that's say 7000 a night and you need 30k so that just means 5 nights of fishing.  Maybe a few more if you're unlucky. Fish caught by someone else will not count towards a fisherman's career in my experience. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5446 on: July 26, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
You said you have pets - have you thought about a cat?  Cats can catch every type of fish without a spawner in a pond on your home lot.

If you go this route (I recommend it!), I'd actually say to get a pair of cats. Set them both to fishing, and when their social need is low, they can entertain each other and get it back up.

They can catch any type of fish at Summer Hill Springs pond, that's always where I sent Maya and Coal to fish. Dragonfish, Mummyfish, Deathfish, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5447 on: July 26, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn.

I never thought of a cat. The Provinces will be getting 2 cats (Thanks for that suggestion, Shirin) :)

My home pond has death fish in it, so I'll return home and fish there, and the cats will catch fish as well.

Does having someone else sell the fish at the consignment shop count for the angler, or does the catcher have to sell them?

This forum has the best simmers, I've found.

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5448 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »
You can have someone else sell them if you have someone with Suave Seller LTR  (always a must) or the Born Salesman trait.  Like I said though, only those caught my the fisherman will count towards his career though.    The cats can help you get enough to stock your pond or to use for opportunities regarding the overseas fish.  Having a cat do all the fishing for my founder has worked in my last two attempts and it just made it one less thing I had to worry about to get him immortal.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #5449 on: July 27, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
I know this has already been asked and anwsered, but I will ask again.

I just created my sim in CAS. Plopped him down in Riverview. He is 16 days from adulthood. How do I give him his days back? Or do I just deal with him being cheated out of almost a week?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5450 on: July 27, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
You just have to deal with him being cheated out of a week.   Did you remember to save him to the bin?  Otherwise you can start a new riverview and plop him down again with the "Move In Household" option and hope that he gets more days back.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5451 on: July 27, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »
You just have to deal with him being cheated out of a week.   Did you remember to save him to the bin?  Otherwise you can start a new riverview and plop him down again with the "Move In Household" option and hope that he gets more days back.

Once you create a household and leave CAS then it saves that creation to the library.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5452 on: July 27, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
Thanks Thomas.   I couldn't remember the exact word and considering I'm in the middle of a reinstall I couldn't find out very quick but it's the same as what I meant by Move In Household option.    I don't trust this option however for the simple fact that I've had problems where it changed some of the outfits on the Sim. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5453 on: July 28, 2012, 01:24:21 AM »
Generation 2 immortality has just been achieved for Xaramon Province. He was 81 days old. Now to wait for his siblings and wife to die so that Gen 3 can find someone to help her bring in Gen 4. Xaramon can now sit back and eat the ambrosia his dad makes once a week and have an endless life of fishing and gardening. Thanks for the tips about the cats and fishing, they are doing great!

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #5454 on: July 29, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »
Hey, just to let you know - it says in the first post that Twinbrook you should go to 16 Puddlewick. However, if you have the pets expansion, the legacy lot is filled up by the Equestrian Centre.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5455 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to delete the Equestrian Center.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5456 on: July 30, 2012, 04:15:20 AM »
Metro,I just want to double check something. In my current dynasty I bought the graveyard in Lunar Lakes and to upgrade I needed to add a second masouleum the only way I could do that was by using move objects on and adding the second masoleum over the first. Is this an acceptable use of the moveobjects on cheat.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5457 on: July 30, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »
Metro,I just want to double check something. In my current dynasty I bought the graveyard in Lunar Lakes and to upgrade I needed to add a second masouleum the only way I could do that was by using move objects on and adding the second masoleum over the first. Is this an acceptable use of the moveobjects on cheat.

Rachel

Yeah, that's fine, Rachel.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #5458 on: July 30, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »
Has any one else ever moved Agnes in and had her arrive with a Cat and 3 Kittens...?  :-\
I wouldn't mind so much... But my founder has the Animal Rescuer LTW. She needs to adopt 6 pets. Timing is now much more important than it would have been.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5459 on: July 30, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
You could probably give the cats up for adoption and then re-adopt them to count towards the LTW. 

anything