Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248661 times)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5430 on: July 21, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Sorry about the failure. Just change the title so it says failed - move to graveyard and the mods will move it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5431 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
It's already been moved but next time you have a story you're not going to finish (I don't mean a failure) you can do as Ivrugger said and a mod will see it.  Or you can always contact any of the forum moderators to have them move it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5432 on: July 21, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
Sorry about the failure. Just change the title so it says failed - move to graveyard and the mods will move it.

Thanks!! I want to try again - I've made another sim, now I just have to think of a story!  :-\

It's already been moved but next time you have a story you're not going to finish (I don't mean a failure) you can do as Ivrugger said and a mod will see it.  Or you can always contact any of the forum moderators to have them move it.

Thanks to you too, Ricalynn! I just wasn't sure - I appreciate the help!   :)
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5433 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
In my story, I'm coming up to a part where I have to shoot a certain scene between some sims and I reckon it'd really help to use the moviemaker effects to get the required facial expressions. Would it be alright if I went to the main menu, copied my dynasty file and then used the copy to create some scenes with moviemakercheats enabled? I'd then delete that file after I had finished and continue to play the game normally with the original that hasn't had any cheats enabled in it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5434 on: July 24, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
There are quite a few people that have done dream sequences and a lot of other things for their stories that weren't done during their actual play that have been allowed so I would think there is no problem with it, Fez.

Edit: I had a Sim get their LTW when they shouldn't have.  Only a quarter of the money needed to complete the wish showed counted but I got the LTHP and the completion.  Is this legitimate or should I keep pushing to "complete it"?  I will because it's the Sim's job really but I just wanted to know.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5435 on: July 25, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »
Edit: I had a Sim get their LTW when they shouldn't have.  Only a quarter of the money needed to complete the wish showed counted but I got the LTHP and the completion.  Is this legitimate or should I keep pushing to "complete it"?  I will because it's the Sim's job really but I just wanted to know.

I won't nitpick over this. If the game thinks you completed it, move on. If your conscious bothers you because it was too easy, hey great. Do some more work to where you think it should be completed.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5436 on: July 25, 2012, 07:06:06 AM »
There are quite a few people that have done dream sequences and a lot of other things for their stories that weren't done during their actual play that have been allowed so I would think there is no problem with it, Fez.

Awesome! Thank you, Rica!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5437 on: July 26, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Hm, two questions:

Are unicorns allowed?

and...How is Mixology as a supermax? Any tips? I suddenly deeply feel the need for my invention/handiness sim to be a ghostbuster, because it's my favorite career (and because pairing it with a logic-supermaxxing sim isn't that good an idea, because you want to do as much logic stuff early on as possible). This suddenly leaves me trying to think of my back-ups, and chief amongst those is Mixology, since the only skills left free that I could use are music skills and nectar making, which are annoying and bugged respectively, and mixology. So now I am pondering this.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #5438 on: July 26, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
Hm, two questions:

Are unicorns allowed?

and...How is Mixology as a supermax? Any tips? I suddenly deeply feel the need for my invention/handiness sim to be a ghostbuster, because it's my favorite career (and because pairing it with a logic-supermaxxing sim isn't that good an idea, because you want to do as much logic stuff early on as possible). This suddenly leaves me trying to think of my back-ups, and chief amongst those is Mixology, since the only skills left free that I could use are music skills and nectar making, which are annoying and bugged respectively, and mixology. So now I am pondering this.
I'm pretty sure unicorns are allowed.
I've never done mixology, but I've seen other people have. I think its harder/easier depending on how many LN bars you have. And how much time your sim has, I believe they can begin as a teen.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5439 on: July 26, 2012, 02:16:27 PM »
There is nothing against unicorns being used.  So go for it - As for Mixology, Pam did it with Bubblegum Dreamweaver and I've heard other people doing it.  It means having to find places for all the big ugly buildings but it shouldn't be too hard as far as I can tell.    Sims can beginning learning as a teen but there is no career with mixology so you have to use one of the other ones.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5440 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've already placed all the late night buildings, actually, so that's one less concern to worry about. Riverview actually has a good many places to place lots; waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sunset Valley, from what I've attempted.
Also, yay, unicorns. That makes picking a lifetime wish for Gen 5 easier.
Stories In Progress:

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5441 on: July 26, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
and because pairing it with a logic-supermaxxing sim isn't that good an idea, because you want to do as much logic stuff early on as possible
That has no effect that I've seen. I'm supermaxing logic in Generation 5. She's less than 3 days into Adult lifestage, and is at level 4 of the Chess Tournament, and not quite level 9 of Ghosthunting (as in, if I turned in 20 spirits to the science center, she'd be 9). Every other challenge in Logic is done. And she got married and had a baby.

So if I hadn't married her off and had her pop out generation 6, she'd have maxed ghost hunting.

----
Now, my issue, I'm hoping someone has an idea of a fix.

Said Generation 5 turned Adult. Got her portrait done, her photograph done. Tried to do an ice sculpture, and all that happens is she stands there, the sculptor stands there...and no sculpting. So if I cancel the queued actions and try again, the sculptor then gets 2 Charity Wind options. Or 3. Or 4. Or 5.

I reset the sculptor, I figured he was glitching. I reset all sims, the extra Charity options went away. I reset just Charity when it started again (and this then caused Valor to also reset). I also tried a different sculpting station.

I did shut the game down (haven't restarted as I just went to bed), but has anyone experienced this? And if so, does a restart clear it up?

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5442 on: July 26, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »
Did you start her logic young, and just decided to go through the career without the bonuses gotten from gaining logic, or wait until she had a career to skill up? If the former, It's good to know that the career is still managable without logic gains...I wonder if that means I can let my inventing sim do it (it just suits a wackier sim more, in my book) and still do logic on another sim...*goes to read the guide's ghost hunting section again*
Stories In Progress:

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5443 on: July 26, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »
Started her logic young. All three logic books as a toddler, Chemistry as a child, Chess as a teen. Ghost hunting is quite doable, I only get 2-3 jobs per night, and of those, I've only missed 1 job (investigating paranormal activity) because the homeowner who had poltergeists wouldn't quit taking a photo of her.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5444 on: July 26, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
I have all expansion packs installed and sent my Sims on vacation with the intention being to catch exotic (vacation location) fish and bring them back home in order to stock my home pond with the exotic (vacation location) fish. I took with me about 15 death fish as well. At the time I did that, I wasn't aware of the bug with fish and the World Adventures/Pets installation (ie all fish in your possession being lost when you travel back home). I am aware of that bug now, however, and have explored my options with regards to it. The options for me as far as I can see from the online research I have done are as follows:

1) Uninstall pets (which I am not going to do except for as a very last resort).

2) There is a cheat that allows you to do overseas spawners in the home area ponds.

3) There is some mod available, apparently, that deals with the issue, but I don't do mods, and mods are definitely against the rules of the immortal dynasty challenge.

Would (2) be permitted in this situation? I would only do the fish that I have actually caught overseas, which at this point means the ones from China, I had managed to catch 10 of each kind of Chinese fish before returning, and of course lost these on my trip back to Sunset Valley. (3) from the above is definitely out and the thought of (1) really saddens me.

Another alternative I can think of is to sell the fish caught in the overseas location before departing. Does anyone know if selling fish overseas will help towards the Fishing Career requirements?

Alternatively, are there any other options that people know of that'll work? I can just return to Sunset Valley and catch Death Fish in the home pond, I suppose. My Gen 2 elder has just clicked over to elderhood and is level 9 self employed Angler with 30k in simeloens to go before maxing the career. His non-future immortal siblings go and fish with him, which helps him with his 6 best friends requirement.

Thank you,

Dek

anything