Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248468 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5385 on: July 16, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
Is supermaxing Inventing a viable option? I'm practically ready to bring in my third generation now, just need a spouse... Lol. I like the idea of having them supermax Inventing but I'm not sure whether it is a viable option or not? I know I could do handiness but I hate that skill and it just irritates me.  :P

Yes, it's a viable option.  Scarlet Dreamweaver SuperMaxed Inventing.  She had a long trip to Egypt to do all of her demolition requirements.  The family had a vacation home there and she was also able to work on her Inventing skill while in Egypt.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5386 on: July 16, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
I've got one of my spares attempting to woo a paparazzi, as he's got a wish to woo that particular paparazzi, and I need him to be doing something. I've found that if I have that spare attract the paparazzi's attention (the spare is a 3 star celebrity), I'm then able to do a different action. In this case is a romantic one each time. He managed to take the paparazzi on a date from following that process, and they are currently romantic interests. I wonder if something similar to that would work in the event that a paparazzi is someone's next ranked chess opponent, that is "Hi paparazzi, I'm a celebrity doing something juicy, come over here and take notice of me", then "Hey you just happen to be my next ranked chess opponent, and there's a table, let's play". I can't promise it'll work, but it might be worth a shot. :)

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5387 on: July 16, 2012, 06:57:17 PM »
That's fine. You can try that option.

You'd have to be Crazy to Supermax Inventing, but that's why Crazy Man did it! Lol. No, it's not that bad samo...just takes a while with some of the challenges. Tip: unless you have Fireproof Homestead, put a shower right next to the workbench for easy access in case of fires.

Even with fireproof homestead, Apollo Grim is constantly catching his butt on fire.  When Coriander Steel supermaxed, I was glad that I was traveling with the family.  All of France hated him by the time he finished the detonation challenge but at least his family didn't.  As far as I'm concerned that's the only one that is the toughest because the others can be done fairly easily.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5388 on: July 16, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »
I tried the pure homeschooling route with my 6th generation. That sim would always get scolded for skipping school if she was in the house so I sent her to the library instead to skip school. However, both my logic immortal and his spouse, who also had logic, were sometimes unable to tutor her (the command would not appear) which meant I eventually had to send her back to school to get that A and pick her last trait.

As long as your sim's grade is an A upon aging up, you can definitely go without school. Just be ready to send him/her back if the tutor command doesn't appear.

Perfect, thank you!

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5389 on: July 16, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
That's fine. You can try that option.

Thanks, I tried changing the register and it worked.

Has anyone supermaxed Martial Arts without traveling? I'm hoping to get board breaker from the consignment store but my sims seem to have all the traveling bugs which is weird because it is only my dynasty family that have them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5390 on: July 16, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
Just so you know, in my experience, in order to tutor a teenager it's almost guaranteed the Sim doing the tutoring has to be family-oriented.   Artie hasn't been able to tutor a teen yet and he's supermaxed. 

Thanks, I tried changing the register and it worked.

Has anyone supermaxed Martial Arts without traveling? I'm hoping to get board breaker from the consignment store but my sims seem to have all the traveling bugs which is weird because it is only my dynasty family that have them.

You can't supermax MA without traveling as you can't fulfill one of the supermax requirements without it.  You have to become Grand Master of the tournament which only happens in China.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5391 on: July 16, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
I found a nectar rack and a fortune cookie maker at the junk yard, bluebelle, maybe it is also possible to get a board breaker from there as well, depending on the objects that appear.

I've never maxed or supermaxed Martial Arts, however Ricalynn has your answer.

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5392 on: July 16, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
Just so you know, in my experience, in order to tutor a teenager it's almost guaranteed the Sim doing the tutoring has to be family-oriented.   Artie hasn't been able to tutor a teen yet and he's supermaxed.

:'(

Well, that stinks!

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5393 on: July 16, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

You can't supermax MA without traveling as you can't fulfill one of the supermax requirements without it.  You have to become Grand Master of the tournament which only happens in China.

Thanks, I was hoping there was a way around that challenge and it was wishful thinking on my part.

I found a nectar rack and a fortune cookie maker at the junk yard, bluebelle, maybe it is also possible to get a board breaker from there as well, depending on the objects that appear.

I've never maxed or supermaxed Martial Arts, however Ricalynn has your answer.

Dek

That's the other place I've been keeping an eye on but no luck yet. I'm trying to collect everything for the Simbot before I have a sim try inventing. I have everything but the pink diamond and breaking space blocks is looking to be my only option since I can't find it anywhere.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5394 on: July 16, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
Pink diamonds are actually very common in the consignment shop and from using a miner to mine them up.   I think I get more via mining than I do rock breaking right now.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5395 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
Pink diamonds are actually very common in the consignment shop and from using a miner to mine them up.   I think I get more via mining than I do rock breaking right now.

I haven't seen any diamonds at the consignment shop yet but I will keep an eye out. I just got the time machine so I hop a miner is coming up.

On another note I think I just failed since my 3rd generation heir has one of the LTR that my founder has. I'm trying to figure out why and when I bought the Legendary host for him since I keep track of everything.  The other times I failed I was only on the 2nd generation so it wasn't as bad but I just got my second immortal and the 4th generation was becoming a child.  :'(

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #5396 on: July 16, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
Even with fireproof homestead, Apollo Grim is constantly catching his butt on fire.  When Coriander Steel supermaxed, I was glad that I was traveling with the family.  All of France hated him by the time he finished the detonation challenge but at least his family didn't.  As far as I'm concerned that's the only one that is the toughest because the others can be done fairly easily.

If you want to avoid butt fires (lol - I love that term, maybe my next inventor will be Butte Fyre) you can have the sim or an ancestor reach level 10 as a firefighter. The sim and all descendants shoulc be immune to fire.

For the demolition part of the inventing skill, take all of the widgets you build for the widget challenge and place them in the junkyard (you can do it at home but you have to clean up afterwards...). This will do a chain reaction and you get credit for each item as a separate demolition. You can actually fulfill the challenge with one detonation if you do it right.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #5397 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »
My game is finally up and running again!

I gave my founder the LTW Animal Rescuer which requires adoption of 6 strays. After many many failed attempts at trying to befriend stray cats on my home lot, I decided to try adopting an Elder cat from the Shelter to see if that counts as adopting a stray (sad I know to adopt an Elder simply because it will die sooner). It counts! Making this the easiest LTW ever in my opinion. I have been adopting a new cat every few days and currently have 4. Two more to go, and one is sure to pass on long before room is needed for Gen 2 to marry.

Gen 1 just aged up to Adult, has 4 opportunities completed, owns the Bistro, and has already SuperMaxed the Cooking Skill and learned the Ambrosia recipe. She has not yet started her career because I wanted to get some other things out of the way first, but completing the Culinary career with cooking already maxed should be quick and easy (I hope!).

Her hubby, the ever popular Christopher Steel, has caught 12 Death Fish and has a large garden going. Should be a day or two more to see if any of those special seeds turn out to be Life Fruit or Death Flower!!

Gen 2 just aged up to Toddler, and Agnes will be getting started on Gen 1's Adult and Gen 2's Toddler Portraits and Ice Sculptures soon.

Now for a question...
I know there is a known bug where portraits will simply disappear off the walls. Is there any way to prevent this? Currently Gen 1's Young adult portrait and Ice Sculpture are in my family inventory. Can I leave them there to ensure they do not disappear? Are Ice sculptures known to disappear? Do they have to be placed on a wall/floor before an Immortal can eat Ambrosia?

This is the first time I've gotten more than a week or two into a Dynasty without giving up or getting bored. I'm finding it a lot less frustrating than before, largely because I only have Ambitions and Pets installed right now, so no Vampires running rampant through the town or Imaginary Friends driving me up the wall.

Oh and another question...
Agnes has purchased a food replicator. Once she dies, will it remain in the house? One of my future Immortals has Food Replicator selected as a Unique LTR. Once they buy one, can I sell one? (If Agnes's is still there that is.)

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5398 on: July 17, 2012, 12:50:55 AM »
Now for a question...
I know there is a known bug where portraits will simply disappear off the walls. Is there any way to prevent this? Currently Gen 1's Young adult portrait and Ice Sculpture are in my family inventory. Can I leave them there to ensure they do not disappear? Are Ice sculptures known to disappear? Do they have to be placed on a wall/floor before an Immortal can eat Ambrosia?

This is the first time I've gotten more than a week or two into a Dynasty without giving up or getting bored. I'm finding it a lot less frustrating than before, largely because I only have Ambitions and Pets installed right now, so no Vampires running rampant through the town or Imaginary Friends driving me up the wall.

Agnes has purchased a food replicator. Once she dies, will it remain in the house? One of my future Immortals has Food Replicator selected as a Unique LTR. Once they buy one, can I sell one? (If Agnes's is still there that is.)

1. The easiest way I've found to avoid disappearing portraits is, when it's completed, leave it on the easel and go into buy mode. Then drag it from the easel to destination. This way, if it does disappear, you can just undo and try again.

2. Which leads to, no you can't leave them in the inventory. They have to be placed.

3. Ice sculptures tend to disappear entirely if the sculptor hasn't completed the skill challenge to sculpt 25 ice sculptures. If the challenge is complete, then they'll stay. That being said, there is sometimes a glitch where the sculpture disappears but the base remains. If that happens, the base will continue to appreciate, but you'll just have an odd museum.

4. And yes, the portrait at least has to be placed before Ambrosia consumption. The sculpture is optional, so no it doesn't have to be placed first...unless you want it to count towards your museum value.

5. Yes, the replicator will remain in the house.

6. And yes, you can sell one if you want, or you can upgrade it and store 60 group meals and never worry about the sims who insist on cooking even if they can't.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5399 on: July 17, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »
Now for a question...

Congratulations on your progress!   Ok to answer your questions:

If you leave portraits and sculptures in family inventory they won't appreciate therefore they will never really increase in value other than death increases.  To avoid the disappearing portrait trick, just remember to not put portraits (paintings in general) that you want on a wall in your inventory.  That's where the biggest bug is.   As for sculptures disappearing,  a lot of people have been having this problem but the sculpture still retains it's value it just looks like an ice disc on the ground.   Margerita actually had hers come back before the end of her dynasty so it's possible that it's just your game giving your graphics a rest. 

The food replicator will remain with the family.  When your future immortal gets the replicator, I would keep both.  Remember that a handy sim can upgrade it to make each slot worth 20 meals vs 10 so you could store ambrosia in one and I store the foods pregnant women like to eat in another one.   That way I always have spaghetti, mac n cheese and grilled cheese handy at all times of the day and night.  I've also started putting favorite meals in some extras I have so that my founder can eat his steak meal whenever he wants and I don't have to have my cooking Sim make it at his beck & call when he decides to eat every 3 days.  The moodlet is a nice boost to every day so that's why I go through the trouble.  However, if you want - yes you can sell it.

Edit: simultaneous posting!

anything