Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248466 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5370 on: July 15, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »
I have the consignment store bug, meaning that clicking on the clerk results in a brief conversation with no store menu pop-up, and clicking on the register results in an immediate drop from the queue. From hopping around various threads, it seems that a possible solution is to send the last sim to have consigned anything (who wasn't the same person who recently tried and failed to use the store) to see if he can cancel any remaining consignments if that's what happened.

If cancelling consignments doesn't work, may I have permission to try replacing the register using Edit Town? I realize that hasn't worked for everybody either, but it's worth a shot if cancelling doesn't work. I'd go ahead and try cancelling consignments now before asking about Edit Town, but firing up the game on my otherwise decent laptop is not a quick process and trying to actively use other programs while playing is problematic. If the answer's no, it's not a dynasty killer, but I'd rather know before going back into the game.

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5371 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
I have the consignment store bug, meaning that clicking on the clerk results in a brief conversation with no store menu pop-up, and clicking on the register results in an immediate drop from the queue. From hopping around various threads, it seems that a possible solution is to send the last sim to have consigned anything (who wasn't the same person who recently tried and failed to use the store) to see if he can cancel any remaining consignments if that's what happened.

If cancelling consignments doesn't work, may I have permission to try replacing the register using Edit Town? I realize that hasn't worked for everybody either, but it's worth a shot if cancelling doesn't work. I'd go ahead and try cancelling consignments now before asking about Edit Town, but firing up the game on my otherwise decent laptop is not a quick process and trying to actively use other programs while playing is problematic. If the answer's no, it's not a dynasty killer, but I'd rather know before going back into the game.

Thanks!

Try to cancel the consignments first.  But if that doesn't work, it's ok to try replacing the register.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5372 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »
Ok, I need advice from those who have been there before.

When you're working on the Logic skill challenges, and are calling up your next ranked opponent, what do you do when you get a constant stream of, "Sorry! Something just came up and I can't make it!"

Regardless of time. I've tried 630am, I've tried 930pm, and all the times in between. I've tried inviting them out to the park, or inviting them to the home.

Or, when you're visiting a foreign country, and the opponent apparently accepts, then just never shows up?

I still have a few ideas (trips to the other foreign countries, for example), but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #5373 on: July 16, 2012, 02:01:50 AM »

When you're working on the Logic skill challenges, and are calling up your next ranked opponent, what do you do when you get a constant stream of, "Sorry! Something just came up and I can't make it!"

Regardless of time. I've tried 630am, I've tried 930pm, and all the times in between. I've tried inviting them out to the park, or inviting them to the home.

Or, when you're visiting a foreign country, and the opponent apparently accepts, then just never shows up?

I still have a few ideas (trips to the other foreign countries, for example), but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

You can go to their house and find them. If there is a chess table there you can do the challenge there. Or you could give your sim the LTR Legendary Host and invite them to a party at your house or a park with a chess table.

For foreign sims, make sure they aren't a merchant because they will never show up. If there is a chess board at their lot you can challenge them there.

Good luck!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5374 on: July 16, 2012, 02:25:43 AM »

Is the opponent a paparazzi?  They don't normally cooperate.  You need to track the opponent down.  If he/she has a house, try visiting and inviting him over.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5375 on: July 16, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
I think people have gotten good results with "Invite the sim over, and then issue the chess challenge." Or "Throw a party with that person as the only guest."
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5376 on: July 16, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
Actually, I had the worst luck with the chess part and the only way I could get it done in a non traveling file had actually been to invite the person to the park.  When you call from the beach or somewhere they come there and not to your house.  It's a weird glitch that they won't show anyway as it varies from Sim to Sim.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5377 on: July 16, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
For the chess challange I have people in the dynasty house learn a few skill points in logic(that includes immortals too)then one of them usually show up as the next chess opponent. In the Simselfs Alby had matches against Alexis,Pigeon,Rachel,Jamie,Keith and Kestral.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline parabola

• Nooboo
« Reply #5378 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
Another strategy is to pull in a bunch of people to do in the beginning.  You could have another couple move in so you know who generation 2 was going to marry by making them pregnant when your founder and spouse get pregnant.  Plus it means there are more people to handle the requirements needed in the early life stages.

Yeah I'll probably try that in future  :) It was tricky just having my founder, their spouse and and their child! I now have my 1st heir maxing painting and her spouse also painting so she can get her later portraits. She's well on track with her requirements but the only thing I'm worried about is opportunities! I imagine that will be a real pain in later generations. I'm playing without Ambitions so the career choices are a bit tricky too.

I almost failed before - my founder's spouse made life fruit pancakes. Luckily I snatched the plate away before he ate them! All life fruit go in the family inventory now along with death flowers  ;D

Welcome to our Forum, parabola.

Sims from the library are not allowed to be placed in town.  The placement of EA created buildings is always to add a specific needed element to the town.  For example, not all towns come with the nightclubs from Late Night, so it's ok to place them in your town.

Ok, thanks Pam :) Is it ok to bulldoze an empty lot that is just a piece of ground and replace it with a larger piece of ground so I can fit the larger EA buildings?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5379 on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »
Is it ok to bulldoze an empty lot that is just a piece of ground and replace it with a larger piece of ground so I can fit the larger EA buildings?

Yes.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5380 on: July 16, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »
Try to cancel the consignments first.  But if that doesn't work, it's ok to try replacing the register.

What if the store is always closed? Can you replace the store with another? No matter what time of day my sim goes it is always closed.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5381 on: July 16, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
Thanks for the tips on the chess challenge, guys :)

In my current game, Charity is the one who will SuperMax the Logic skill. She invited 1 person to Central Park for the challenge, and it succeeded. Then she tried to invite the next, and he just kept saying, "Sorry! Something came up!" Every. Single. Time.

So I sent her Egypt and had her challenge at the vacation house, which worked fine...until I realised there's a chessboard in the market. I tried inviting her opponent, but she never declined, never showed, and was never home. When I tried from the house again, same thing (but she has no problem showing up as a tourist!).

I'm hoping the latest reject is because Morgana Wolff had to go to work.

Also, since Charity apparently can't tutor the paperboy, I'm planning just to have her homeschool her child for a bit. With Generations, though, I'm concerned the child will always be grounded for skipping school...is this a legitimate concern, or do they just not care as long as they have and maintain an A?

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #5382 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:39 PM »
Also, since Charity apparently can't tutor the paperboy, I'm planning just to have her homeschool her child for a bit. With Generations, though, I'm concerned the child will always be grounded for skipping school...is this a legitimate concern, or do they just not care as long as they have and maintain an A?

I tried the pure homeschooling route with my 6th generation. That sim would always get scolded for skipping school if she was in the house so I sent her to the library instead to skip school. However, both my logic immortal and his spouse, who also had logic, were sometimes unable to tutor her (the command would not appear) which meant I eventually had to send her back to school to get that A and pick her last trait.

As long as your sim's grade is an A upon aging up, you can definitely go without school. Just be ready to send him/her back if the tutor command doesn't appear.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5383 on: July 16, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
Is supermaxing Inventing a viable option? I'm practically ready to bring in my third generation now, just need a spouse... Lol. I like the idea of having them supermax Inventing but I'm not sure whether it is a viable option or not? I know I could do handiness but I hate that skill and it just irritates me.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5384 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
What if the store is always closed? Can you replace the store with another? No matter what time of day my sim goes it is always closed.

That's fine. You can try that option.

Is supermaxing Inventing a viable option? I'm practically ready to bring in my third generation now, just need a spouse... Lol. I like the idea of having them supermax Inventing but I'm not sure whether it is a viable option or not? I know I could do handiness but I hate that skill and it just irritates me.  :P

You'd have to be Crazy to Supermax Inventing, but that's why Crazy Man did it! Lol. No, it's not that bad samo...just takes a while with some of the challenges. Tip: unless you have Fireproof Homestead, put a shower right next to the workbench for easy access in case of fires.

anything