Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248642 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5355 on: July 14, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
Couple more questions:

If your founder (or any other Immortal), who for this purpose I will call person A, wanted their son/daughter (person B) to be one of their six best friends, would B's son/daughter (person C) also be allowed to have person B as one of their best friends?

If I wanted to get every one of my Immortals the same Lifetime Reward (Long Distance Friend, Prepared Traveller, Stone Hearted, etc) would that be ok? If it was an extra to their three unique ones?

Also, I started mine but I'm starting again because it's just going nowhere.
But basically my founder is Minerva Deity (another name for a God. Gods = Immortal). She's got jet black hair, her lifetime wish is Perfect Garden and I think her supermax will be gardening (makes sense really). I plan for her to marry Christopher Steel. I know he was in the story on the main website but I hate all the other ones. There's the boys in the Roomies, but Cycl0ne3's traits are awful (so is his name) and Whatshisname (the other one) is just ... well ... you know.
There's also the Frio brothers but I've never liked them that much and I can never remember which is the father of Claire Ursine's baby.

So I hope this one goes ok!  :D :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5356 on: July 14, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
Couple more questions:

If your founder (or any other Immortal), who for this purpose I will call person A, wanted their son/daughter (person B) to be one of their six best friends, would B's son/daughter (person C) also be allowed to have person B as one of their best friends?

No. If Person A takes Person B as one of their Best Friends, Person C cannot take Person B as one. Immortals cannot share Best Friends; they must be unique.

If I wanted to get every one of my Immortals the same Lifetime Reward (Long Distance Friend, Prepared Traveller, Stone Hearted, etc) would that be ok? If it was an extra to their three unique ones?

As long as each Immortal has 3 unique Lifetime Rewards, they may share other rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5357 on: July 14, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
Just to clarify on the Best Friends requirement — immortals can share Best Friends, but they can't share the best friends that they claim for Ambrosia. So, immortal A has 10 Best Friends, and immortal B also 10 Best Friends. Immortal A claims 1-6 for Ambrosia and no one else has these as Best Friends, but 7-10 can be shared as long as those BF are not claimed by others for their Ambrosia. I know, it is a little confusing. :) Heck, sometimes I get confused!

Offline SecretBoy

• The DreamStone Immortal Dynasty starring Christopher and Zelda Dreamstone!
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5358 on: July 14, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »
Just to clarify on the Best Friends requirement — immortals can share Best Friends, but they can't share the best friends that they claim for Ambrosia. So, immortal A has 10 Best Friends, and immortal B also 10 Best Friends. Immortal A claims 1-6 for Ambrosia and no one else has these as Best Friends, but 7-10 can be shared as long as those BF are not claimed by others for their Ambrosia. I know, it is a little confusing. :)

This is the townie decadynasty you are talking about!
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5359 on: July 14, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
This is the townie decadynasty you are talking about!

No, he is not. He is talking about claiming 6 best friends out of 10 friends, and not 10 best friends. By the way, in a Townie Decadynasty there can be overlap with other households’ best friends. So Metro was really talking about the Immortal Dynasty :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5360 on: July 14, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »
Metro - are you going to allow UnlockOutfits cheat for the ID as well as the DD?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5361 on: July 15, 2012, 12:02:10 AM »
Metro is having internet trouble.  He probably won't be online until tomorrow evening or so.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5362 on: July 15, 2012, 09:09:28 AM »
Metro - are you going to allow UnlockOutfits cheat for the ID as well as the DD?

I know I'd enjoy it.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5363 on: July 15, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

Yes, no problem. I will make a note in the rules.

Offline parabola

• Nooboo
« Reply #5364 on: July 15, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
Hello all, I'm brand new here and a few days ago I started the Immortal Dynasty - it's the first time I've tried a challenge of any kind!

I've just attained Immortal status for my founder, phew! It was a close call really, I kind of dove straight in thinking I'd find a male sim with the painting skill for my female founder but it turns out there are none when you start Sunset Valley (after much searching around town I looked up every male sim online) so I wasted a fair bit of time in the beginning. Then I was reading some of this thread and found out Agnes would have been a great choice to move in as a friend, but I had only been checking the guys!

I thought never mind, I'd already settled on Christopher Steel as he could also cook while I was at work and I had already started him painting. I thought I had plenty of time! I chose the science career and for some silly reason chose to supermax fishing without much time to go! My founder Pearl aged to elder with 100 or so fish left to catch and she spent so long fishing that her relationships had declined. Also my special seeds kept turning out to be Death Flowers or Plasma fruits so even when Pearl caught the last of her fish and made several desperate phone calls I was still waiting on the life fruit.

Eventually the life fruit showed, and oh my I never did notice before just how long it spends in the growing and mature stages. I could practically feel the Grim approaching! Finally it appeared and I had one last hiccup - when Christopher finished chopping the Ambrosia ingredients he just stopped as if something was in his way, using my precious life fruit in the process. Luckily I had four, so I tried to get him to make a different meal. Same again. I had to use resetsim and then it worked, so I made my Ambrosia! So by the time Pearl was able to eat it, she was over a week into elder status  ;D

One thing I wanted to ask is, when I checked online for male sims with the artistic trait the only one I found was Marley Williams and he's part of a family in the library. The rules say edit town is off limits apart from a few things but it doesn't mention placing the EA-created families so I'm guessing that isn't allowed. But since EA-created buildings are allowed why isn't placing the families? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5365 on: July 15, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
One thing I wanted to ask is, when I checked online for male sims with the artistic trait the only one I found was Marley Williams and he's part of a family in the library. The rules say edit town is off limits apart from a few things but it doesn't mention placing the EA-created families so I'm guessing that isn't allowed. But since EA-created buildings are allowed why isn't placing the families? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Congratulations on your first immortal!  You forgot Sam Sekemoto has the artistic trait.  ;D   The artistic trait in my opinion doesn't make it that much of an advantage if you decide to avoid just pulling in Agnes to the household.   Any sim can learn to paint and if that's all you have them doing then getting to level 7 isn't all that hard for the first portrait. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline parabola

• Nooboo
« Reply #5366 on: July 15, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
You forgot Sam Sekemoto has the artistic trait.  ;D

Ahh I was choosing between Leighton and Christopher in the beginning, maybe if I do another dynasty I'll bring in both Leighton and Sam   :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5367 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »
Ahh I was choosing between Leighton and Christopher in the beginning, maybe if I do another dynasty I'll bring in both Leighton and Sam   :D

Another strategy is to pull in a bunch of people to do in the beginning.  You could have another couple move in so you know who generation 2 was going to marry by making them pregnant when your founder and spouse get pregnant.  Plus it means there are more people to handle the requirements needed in the early life stages.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5368 on: July 15, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
One of my spares got electrocuted while inventing. He didn't die, however, which means I'm still waiting on one of my adult spares/partner of Gen 2 to get to elder status and die. His electrocution close call was totally unexpected. He was also raising his handiness skill while inventing, which I also wasn't expecting.

My Gen 2 Heir FINALLY Supermaxed Fishing. 2 and a  My Gen 3 Heir is almost at the end of her primary school week, and has a weekend ahead of her of painting. She ages up to Teenage on Sunday.

But I'm currently waiting for someone to die, so in the meantime the three male spares have bought themselves double beds, given themselves the Fertility Treatment LTR and are chatting up various eligible bachelorettes around Sunset Valley. One of them has a 'naughty' reputation, but he is a level 3 or 4 celebrity, so that is to be expected, I suppose.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5369 on: July 15, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »

Welcome to our Forum, parabola.

Sims from the library are not allowed to be placed in town.  The placement of EA created buildings is always to add a specific needed element to the town.  For example, not all towns come with the nightclubs from Late Night, so it's ok to place them in your town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."