Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248626 times)

Offline SecretBoy

• The DreamStone Immortal Dynasty starring Christopher and Zelda Dreamstone!
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5325 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I'm thinking of starting a dynasty, does anybody have any tips to keep Elders out of your hair?

And this is my plan (in the order of Supermax Skill, Career, LTW, possible other max skills?)

1st: Gardening, Culinary OR Gardening, Culinary Librarian, Cooking,Charisma?
2nd: Painting, Painter,Master Of The Arts, Guitar, Charisma?
3rd: Sculpting, Sculptor, Renascence Sim(whatever it's called), Cooking,Charisma?
4th:Nectar Maker, Nectar Maker OR Business, Swimming in Cash, Charisma?
5th: Logic, Medical, World Renowned Surgeon, Charisma, Cooking?
6th: Athletic, Professional Sports, Superstar Athlete, Martial Arts, Charisma?
7th:  Handiness, Politics, Leader Of Free World, Charisma and Cooking?
8th: Writing, Journalism,Star News Anchor, Charisma

I don't know what career for generations 1 and 4, please tell me which is the easiest!
Thanks,Secretboy.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5326 on: July 11, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
I'm thinking of starting a dynasty, does anybody have any tips to keep Elders out of your hair?

And this is my plan (in the order of Supermax Skill, Career, LTW, possible other max skills?)

1st: Gardening, Culinary OR Gardening, Culinary Librarian, Cooking,Charisma?
2nd: Painting, Painter,Master Of The Arts, Guitar, Charisma?
3rd: Sculpting, Sculptor, Renascence Sim(whatever it's called), Cooking,Charisma?
4th:Nectar Maker, Nectar Maker OR Business, Swimming in Cash, Charisma?
5th: Logic, Medical, World Renowned Surgeon, Charisma, Cooking?
6th: Athletic, Professional Sports, Superstar Athlete, Martial Arts, Charisma?
7th:  Handiness, Politics, Leader Of Free World, Charisma and Cooking?
8th: Writing, Journalism,Star News Anchor, Charisma

I don't know what career for generations 1 and 4, please tell me which is the easiest!
Thanks,Secretboy.

I have my elders keep their job and other wise I have the virtual reality goggles :P
For my first generation I had a medical career, but gardening works too. Just get a lot of money tree's ans ti'll be easy.
My second generation was a painter, that's not to difficult a a job either. My third is a cook, a good job too.
I hope that helps. I read the description of the jobs and skills in the guide and that helped me to. I also used jobs and skills I'm familiar with and ones that are needed in the dynasty, like gardening, cooking and painting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5327 on: July 11, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
If you are planning on doing the political career then you should probably most probably have the charisma supermax for that generation handiness won't help in that career at all.

I don't think there is any wrong or right answers when it comes to choosing the skills of your immortals. Painting is good for the second generation and for the founder I would maybe go with a nice easy supermax like cooking as gardening can be difficult to supermax for a founder.It is a good idea to keep a number of skills that all the immortals can max. I leave a number of instruments around the house for my elders to play. They also are all able to cook because it can be difficult keeping them out of the kitchen and that way they are free to grab a bite to eat without me worrying that they are going to accidentally max a skill that I am using for a supermax.

In my first dynasty the supermax skills in order were. Cooking,Painting,logic,athletics,handiness,fishing,charisma,sculpting.
For the Khalids I had Fishing,Sculpting,painting,cooking,athletics,logic,writing,charisma.
For the Simself's I have used Gardening,Sculpting,athletics,charisma,logic,nectar making. I plan to use mixology and horse riding for the last two generations.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5328 on: July 11, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Ratchie, I've supermaxed gardening a lot of times in casual games.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5329 on: July 11, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
Gardening can be hard because of the 19 plants needed by the time they eat ambrosia.  And on a normal lifespan, it's not always doable without traveling. 

The plan I had for the Steels would have been gardening, painting, inventing, fishing, martial arts, sculpting, writing, charisma.   Artie's first attempt did athletic, fishing, logic, gardening, charisma, painting, inventing(handiness), writing.

This newest one I'm flying by the seat of my pants and so far it's been Logic for Emperor of Evil, Martial Arts for Pro Sports, Handiness for Military, Cooking for Culinary and it's looking like Riding for #5.  This is the first attempt where I've taken Pam's suggestion of leaving Charisma open.  The Grims are mostly 3-5 star celebrities and by the time they're a Young Adult they have 4 out of 5 challenges complete.  Which means they have no problem whatsoever making friends so if someone dies towards the end I know it's not difficult to become friends with someone new. 

If you don't want to do Charisma as a supermax and still want to do politics, remember you will have to max charisma for the politics career as well as supermax whatever skill you choose.  Handiness isn't actually that hard to max but supermaxing can be difficult.  Just remember to use the block table as a child.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5330 on: July 11, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
Thanks Rica! Before I start a dynasty I am going to do a gardening test on how I will get 19 different species of seeds and how long it takes.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5331 on: July 11, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »
Thanks Rica! Before I start a dynasty I am going to do a gardening test on how I will get 19 different species of seeds and how long it takes.
It might not be possible to test because you might not find exactly the same seeds when testing as you do in your official dynasty game file. If you have already supermaxed gardeing in numberous game files then you should have an idea how long it takes.

But good luck anyway,are you planning on writing a story.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5332 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
@Ratchie, I am planning to do a story. I'm actually going for the nectar maker career because I have not attempted it before, and I'm actually doing the Gardening Career aswell.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #5333 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
It might not be possible to test because you might not find exactly the same seeds when testing as you do in your official dynasty game file. If you have already supermaxed gardeing in numberous game files then you should have an idea how long it takes.

But good luck anyway,are you planning on writing a story.

Rachel

Yes that is definitely a point. I had three dynasties (two failed) the first had life fruit and supermax in gardening in no time, the second one was failed because it took me to long to get the right seeds and my current one worked out, but I was still nervous.

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5334 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Just creating my founder!
{my blog to come soon}

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #5335 on: July 11, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Just creating my founder!

Good luck and have fun! I'll be reading your story if you post it on the forum :)

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5336 on: July 11, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »
I just hope I get enough screenshots, I often don't hit the C button...
{my blog to come soon}

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5337 on: July 11, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »
If you are planning on doing the political career then you should probably most probably have the charisma supermax for that generation handiness won't help in that career at all.

Yeah but that would mean no Charisma for any of the other Immortals and personally I think they should all have it because it just makes making friends and keeping them so much easier.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline SecretBoy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5338 on: July 11, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
Yeah but that would mean no Charisma for any of the other Immortals and personally I think they should all have it because it just makes making friends and keeping them so much easier.

Exactly, thats why I left Charisma out for all my immortals.
{my blog to come soon}

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5339 on: July 11, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
I was just saying that handiness doesn't really help with the political career and charisma would. There are so many different skills to supermax like I said there is no wrong or right answers.

Rachel