Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248594 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5310 on: July 09, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
Oh well then  :P
I'll just start over in Sunset Valley.
I don't really mind because her husband was quite ugly anyway  ;D
It'll take me ages (and maybe about a hundred different families!) but I'm determined to get into the Hall of Fame!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5311 on: July 09, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal, Dek!  It sounds like you're doing great with this challenge.

Thanks Pam, it is rather enjoyable.

As someone who has never grown Life Fruit, Caught Death Fish, made Ambrosia, grew a death flower or knew anything about many other things in the Sims 3, this has been a big learning curve for me. I've been playing the Sims since it was the Sims 1.

I've found that reading the stories of others have helped me out enormously.

Just a question about Ambrosia and my Immortals. Do I need to feed the Ambrosia to my immortals regularly, or does feeding them the once mean it is done forever and a day for that particular immortal?

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5312 on: July 09, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »
Just a question about Ambrosia and my Immortals. Do I need to feed the Ambrosia to my immortals regularly, or does feeding them the once mean it is done forever and a day for that particular immortal?

You've got to keep feeding it to them. I like to do it once a week, when the "Divine Meal" moodlet vanishes.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5313 on: July 09, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
I feed mine ambrosia once they reach 84 so around about every two weeks or so.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5314 on: July 09, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
Thank you both. :)

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #5315 on: July 10, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »

Dek

I just keep an eye on their age bar and feed them some when their age bar gets close to full. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5316 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »
I feed Ambrosia every Monday - an upgraded Food Replicator, using all 3 spaces, will provide you 60 Ambrosia. Easily made from just a single batch!

Every Monday is my reminder to also: Collect real estate funds, send kids to school, see how close mortals are to shedding the mortal coil and doing the cha-cha with Grim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5317 on: July 10, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
Thank you both as well.

And because I am not already doing enough Dynasties, I'm now also doing one in Union Cove. My oh my Thea and Hebe are an interesting couple, as are Giovanni and Pietro. My founder married Thea, and I had Hebe marry Giovanni.

Believe me, I need multiple dynasties so that when I lose interest in one, I can go and do another one.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #5318 on: July 11, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
I've got a few questions before I get too far in my Dynasty:

My Sim is planning to marry Cyclone Sword but he lives with four other people. Am I allowed to move all five of them in, then kick out the other four because then I can have more money.

Do spouses/spare children need to have jobs/skills?

And finally, do you fail the task if you don't get a painting from one or more of the life stages?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #5319 on: July 11, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »
Oh, one more!

It says that Genies can't be household members. Does this mean that you can't actually have a Genie or does it just mean you can't set it free and have it as a controllable household member?
** My Stories **

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5320 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:06 PM »
Anybody that moves in to the dynasty house has to stay there until they die.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5321 on: July 11, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

My Sim is planning to marry Cyclone Sword but he lives with four other people. Am I allowed to move all five of them in, then kick out the other four because then I can have more money.
No.  If you move in all of his roommates, they have to stay until their death.  No exceptions.

If you don't give them jobs or skills, what will you do with them?  Have them sit around watching tv all day?  Spares and Spouses are good for museum requirements, helping with garden, extra money if you need it, etc.

And finally, do you fail the task if you don't get a painting from one or more of the life stages?
Yes.  You have failed the challenge.  Part of the challenge is to get a painting for each lifestage that you're able.  3 for founder and 6 for the other 7. 

Oh, one more!

It says that Genies can't be household members. Does this mean that you can't actually have a Genie or does it just mean you can't set it free and have it as a controllable household member?

That means you can set it free but it can't be part of your household.  Which means the best time to set a Genie free is when your house is completely full that way they are never actually a part of your household.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5322 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »

Oh, one more!

1. No, as ratchie said, anyone who moves in is a permanent housemate.

2. Need to, no. But it's usually helpful to have them do so to help earn income (or to keep them out of your hair!)

3. Yes, if you fail then you will be ineligible for Hall of Fame.

4. You can have a genie lamp and use any wish except Resurrect or Long Life. If you free a genie, then it must be immediately moved out.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #5323 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
Thank you Shirin!
Good thing I didn't move in the other people!
** My Stories **

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5324 on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
Welcome, but how the heck did I miss Rica's posting? ???

Man, I type too slow.