Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250705 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5250 on: July 03, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
Odie, let me know if anything is still confusing. It seems like everyone else is explaining nicely. What a wonderful staff and community we have.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5251 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
Thanks Metro! I do understand now thanks to the wonderful staff and community indeed :)

Now that I re-read the rules I think I maybe could have understood them before. It is just that it would have helped if I read something like: "A claimed opp has to be refused by all other heirs."
I don't know if you want to add this to the rules. I can understand if you don't, but it would have helped me. It is just looking at the same thing from a different point of view or something. Probably has to do with how my brain worked when I was breastfeeding ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5252 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »
I have an impairment that causes problems with me playing the game. Since I haven't actually started my dynasty save game yet, I want to know whether I should remove my fix that gets rid of the stimuli that mess me up and try to use a computer fix or avoid those aspects of gameplay instead. I know mods are a no-no if I go for HoF, but I figure it can't hurt to get clarification. I really don't want this to be a problem before I even start.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5253 on: July 03, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
I have an impairment that causes problems with me playing the game. Since I haven't actually started my dynasty save game yet, I want to know whether I should remove my fix that gets rid of the stimuli that mess me up and try to use a computer fix or avoid those aspects of gameplay instead. I know mods are a no-no if I go for HoF, but I figure it can't hurt to get clarification. I really don't want this to be a problem before I even start.

You're using a mod to fix some problems you are having? Could you be a bit more specific as to your problem and what you are doing to fix the problem?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5254 on: July 03, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
No one else goes into that career.   This includes time machine mistakes.  If a time machine changes your job to another immortals job, then you've failed.
Ok, could I get some clarification on this?  :-\

It was my understanding that it was kinda like skills - an Immortal could enter it, but could not max the career of another Immortal. So if a time machine booted SimC into Politics at level 3, when SimA is already level 9 in Politics, as long as SimC didn't reach level 10, he could still quit and go back to his old job - it would just take longer to get to the top of his unique SimC career.

• 2. Max a career (rabbit-hole, profession, or self-employed). All immortals’ careers must be different from each other. As long as your immortal did max a unique career they do not need to be at level 10 when it’s time to eat Ambrosia—retiring is an option.

Well, I can see either way, I guess.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5255 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
Ok, could I get some clarification on this?  :-\

It was my understanding that it was kinda like skills - an Immortal could enter it, but could not max the career of another Immortal. So if a time machine booted SimC into Politics at level 3, when SimA is already level 9 in Politics, as long as SimC didn't reach level 10, he could still quit and go back to his old job - it would just take longer to get to the top of his unique SimC career.

Well, I can see either way, I guess.

What Ricalynn meant was if an immortal had their career changed to the career of a post-ambrosia immortal.

IE: If Sim A became immortal with Politics as their maxe career, and Sim B had their career switched to politics via time travel, that's not good.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5256 on: July 03, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
But again, if it's not maxed (and I've never seen a time machine put someone at max level in a career), then wouldn't it simply be a matter of SimB having to starting his own career over again?

I'm totally hung up on the word "maxed."  :-\

(Also, I don't even know why this is an issue for me, I'm using primarily self employment in my own Dynasty.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5257 on: July 03, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
I was under the impression that so long as nobody else maxed the career then it would not be a problem. So even if a Sim got moved into another career via the time machine everything would be fine except for the part where they have to change back to the old career and work their way back to the top again.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5258 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Yes what I meant was the maxed career must remain unique if that's the wording you need.   Having an immortal enter level 4 of another immortal's career wouldn't be a problem as it probably will only last for about 5 minutes.  However, I would never intentionally put an immortal in another immortal's career. 

I modified my post to cease the confusion.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5259 on: July 03, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »
I have a question regarding mods. I know none are allowed, but in the Supernatural thread, I was mentioning how it'd be cool if EA added some sort of thing that'd allow us to use mods or packages in some files and not others, rather than having to constantly swap folders when I want to go from my modded legacy to play in my dynasties or vice versa. Seabody mentioned there was a mod that actually allowed you to disable mods in some game files, so I was wondering if that was allowed? It isn't a mod actually affecting the game file of the dynasties, it just disables the mods I have installed for my other files to be used in those dynasty files and prevents me from having to swap folders to play. It's essentially a mod that disables mods, and I'm not sure if that falls into the category of actually using a mod in the file. It'd be super convenient if we were allowed to use that, but I'm not too bothered if we aren't because I've gotten the hang of swapping folders now anyway. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5260 on: July 03, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
@Fez — that's fine. If you use a mod to turn off mods for Dynasty play I have no problem with that. It all boils down to what actually happens when you play your Dynasty file, so if it takes a mod to make it legit and more convenient, great.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5261 on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »
@Fez — that's fine. If you use a mod to turn off mods for Dynasty play I have no problem with that. It all boils down to what actually happens when you play your Dynasty file, so if it takes a mod to make it legit and more convenient, great.

Yey! Thanks, Metro! That's going to make things a whole lot easier. :D

Offline AceOfFools

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5262 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »
is the entire wishing well banned? or is it just wishing? because I was hoping my klepto sim could steal money from it and that my fisherman could fish in it...

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5263 on: July 03, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
is the entire wishing well banned? or is it just wishing? because I was hoping my klepto sim could steal money from it and that my fisherman could fish in it...

I have no problem with you buying it and placing it, as long as you do not use it to gain an advantage.

Offline AceOfFools

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5264 on: July 03, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
does using it to fish and stealing a lucky coin for the slots count as an advantage?

anything