Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250320 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5220 on: June 29, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
The following new rule has been added:

• The Wishing Well Sim Store item is banned.

Xajjia

« Reply #5221 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »
Thank you for updating to include the new world-I am keen to play it. I love how you guys are so on top of things.

I am still failing at my challenge but every time I do it again I get a little closer.  I have learned something interesting about myself out of all of this, I suck at prioritization LOL.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5222 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Thank you for updating to include the new world-I am keen to play it. I love how you guys are so on top of things.

I am still failing at my challenge but every time I do it again I get a little closer.  I have learned something interesting about myself out of all of this, I suck at prioritization LOL.

At what points do you fail?  Maybe we can offer some suggestions to help you get past the problems.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Corcofinde

« Reply #5223 on: June 29, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
@Corcofinde - I may have missed something vital, but am I reading correctly you were trying to supermax skills on non-Immortals...within the first available life stage? That'd be a stressful challenge, I'd think!  :)

Yeah, to try for a higher museum value. It was only a problem with sculpting, though.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5224 on: June 30, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »
I just moved in sim’s girlfriend and she had just entered the YA stage. I sent her to change her appearance and clothes when she suddenly had her adult birthday. On one hand it’s a good thing it’s less time she is in the household, but right now I have a full house which means I have to wait for the 2nd generation helper to pass before bringing in the 4th generation. I have time since the 3rd generation just became a YA but its just frustrating when certain bugs hit you and mess up your plans. First the the travel bug now this, I think my sims are out to get me.  ;D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5225 on: July 01, 2012, 06:57:38 AM »
With regards to unique opportunities ... do each of the Scavenger Hunt Opportunities offered while kids are at school count as a different opportunity?

One of them is called "Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest" and another is called "Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza".

As the names are slightly different, I think that each of them would count as a separate opportunity, but I wanted to check.

Thanks for any advice.

Dek

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5226 on: July 01, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »
With regards to unique opportunities ... do each of the Scavenger Hunt Opportunities offered while kids are at school count as a different opportunity?

One of them is called "Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest" and another is called "Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza".

As the names are slightly different, I think that each of them would count as a separate opportunity, but I wanted to check.

Yep, both would qualify since the names are slightly different.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #5227 on: July 01, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
I have a question.  Can we wait to build our museum until our founder is ready for ambrosia ( with the execption of the museum part), or do we have to built as soon as we have the paintings?
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5228 on: July 01, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
A museum is put together how you see fit.  My first dynasty, until I had money, I just hung the painting up around the house.  Just make sure you don't lose them or it's  failure.

The important part is that you are getting the paintings, sculptures and photos while they are the appropriate age.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5229 on: July 01, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
I was having issues with painting for a while there. I've got Agnes (founder's wife) and Cornelia (who also has a high painting level) able to do portraits. I would select either of them, then select the founder or heir to have their portrait done. The founder or heir posed, the 'C' was pushed (to capture it) and then the painter walked away from the easel. I then tried to take a portrait of another member of the family, same result. Then I tried capturing it on Agnes' camera, same result. Then I had Agnes try to paint something else, she painted no trouble. I then sold the easels and bought new ones, including the more expensive version, and tried again. So, I saved the game, exited and came back in and tried again. Thankfully it worked and my Dynasty is saved! I would have cried if it didn't, and probably said a few nasty things that can't be written here.

At the moment, I'm just focusing on getting paintings, I can leave the sculptures and photos to a later time, can't I? Probably not even worry about sculptures and photos until later generations. So paintings only of founder and generation 2 and mixture of paintings, photos and sculptures of Generations 3 - 8. I really need to get other essentials done, like the gardening and fishing up to a high enough level (Founder is supermaxing Cooking - level 8 career and maxed Cooking skill, and Menu Maven achieved). Founder did his cooking and his heir is going to do the fishing and at the moment the spares and founder's partner are going to deal with the gardening and painting, probably with some sculpting and photographing thrown in for good measure.

Currently, the Founder is 2/5 of the way towards his LTW of being surrounded by family. I think it is 3 days before the twins become teens, and then another three days before the younger sister (adopted) becomes a teen.

Aunt Cornelia is at about 93 days now. It is a matter of me waiting for her to follow her husband into the great beyond so that Xaramon can get someone to have his heir with. There is an Ursine girl that he seems rather keen on, I'm noticing, Stephanie, daughter of Claire. He might give her a shot.

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5230 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Anytime you have a glitch and you're not sure why it's happening, my advice is to restart the game.  As for the photos and sculptures, that is your call.  The earlier you get photos and sculptures into the museum the higher your museum will be worth once generation 8 becomes immortal.  However, if you think you can't handle getting them in early then don't make yourself have to deal with it.   If you had chosen to do any other LTW, and you still could, you would have the space to add another person that could do the photography.   I don't know if you have it but the multitab makes learning photography really easy.  A child with photographer's eye in my dynasty actually maxed photography as a skill in less than a day by listening to the tabcast all day after she was aged up with cake at around 7 am.   That's a major lifesaver.   

Just remember male immortals aren't required to have children before they become immortal.  It's not on the list it's just something that has to happen to keep the dynasty going. My founder became immortal within a week of his heir's birth.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5231 on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Ricalynn, I'll keep them in mind for the future. However my Founder is now 4/5 of the way to achieving his LTW of Surrounded by Family (and 2 days away from achieving it altogether), so I'll keep on with that one, I think.

No, unfortunately I don't have the tabcast as I don't have enough Simpoints remaining after I bought that baby swing. The tabcast is officially on my Wishlist, however. I've given one of the twins the 'Savvy Sculptor' Trait when he aged up to teenager, and he is already hard at raising his Sculpting skill. I believe he's at 2 or 3 already.

Oh and in my game, when it rains it pours ... on the day when the twins got to be Teenagers (I'm surviving with two teenagers so far, how will I go with four?), their Aunt Cornelia Goth died in the hallway. While everyone was celebrating the birthdays and mourning her death, teenager number 2, Ximax, was fast asleep. I managed to capture screenshots to show it all happening. Poor Cornelia, at least now you can join your husband, Gunther in death. I gave my founder Stone Hearted so he is unaffected by her death, unlike me. :(

Does there become a point in the elder age group where the sim is 'forced' to retire by game mechanics? Or can my Founder keep on going off to work each week after he becomes an elder and in time, immortal?

Also, with regards to employment and the Showtime/Ambitions careers, are they recommended for Immortals in this challenge, or is it best to do ones that are done in rabbit holes/as a self employed sim?

Dek

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5232 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:35 PM »
The professions (as those Ambitions/Showtime are called) are pretty fun, but they usually require you to pay a lot of attention to the Sim in that career. If you're going to use them, it'd be better to do them early, when you have fewer Sims.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5233 on: July 02, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
I personally prefer the rabbit holes or self-employment for my elders but that doesn't mean it has to be their career when they are young.  Professions are allowed any time you want them to be.   As for staying employed, you can keep your Sim employed for eternity because Story Progression can't make your Sims change only those around them.    I actually tend to keep my Sims employed so they don't go Stir-Crazy and leave the house to get out of my hair every now and then.  I'm up to 3 immortals and always seem to have extra elders around so I appreciate when they stay busy all day to concentrate on the "youngins". 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5234 on: July 02, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
Thanks Audren and Ricalynn,

A question or two regarding Immortal Best Friends.

My Founder is a rather friendly guy and has quite a few people who are friends/good friends/best friends. At the moment, he has four best friends, with two of these being old friends. He is also friends/good friends with just about all his family (he has nurturer and family orientated traits) which helped with that, he even met his nephew, Mortimer Goth and became friends with him as well. Now, his nephew is also friends with most of his brothers and sister, and father. If at the time that my founder is ready for Ambrosia has quite a few Best Friends (i.e. 10+), including most/all of his children, does that mean his son can't have any of those as his 6 unique best friends? Or does it mean that their heir can count some of these as his best friends as long as they aren't already counted as some of the six unique best friends of his father?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense. :)

Dek

anything