Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250401 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5190 on: June 27, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't, even if it is a chain, it's still individual opportunities.

@Corcofinde - I may have missed something vital, but am I reading correctly you were trying to supermax skills on non-Immortals...within the first available life stage? That'd be a stressful challenge, I'd think!  :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5191 on: June 27, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
Concerning BlackOps:

If your character gets a chain opp but you only complete part 1, does it still count as a BlackOp if you never plan on doing it for another immortal ever?

I assume it does. As long as no one else claims the opp with that same title for a BlackOp, right?
Gheez, I don't even know all the chain opps so how would I know if I had only the first?

Edit:

@Corcofinde - I may have missed something vital, but am I reading correctly you were trying to supermax skills on non-Immortals...within the first available life stage? That'd be a stressful challenge, I'd think!  :)

I actually try the same thing. I do this for a higher value painting and sculpture. Is that not what everybody does?  ???
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5192 on: June 27, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't, even if it is a chain, it's still individual opportunities.

Just so you know that opportunities that have the same name are still considered one opportunity as far as BlackOps are concerned.  So the entire Master Invention chain for Inventors is 1 BlackOp even though it's four or five turn ins.  This includes the celebrity restaurant chain and the IF potion Op.  If an opp is worded the same or has the same name like the Learn A Recipe op can be received several times but with different recipes.  It still only counts as 1 BlackOp.

I actually do everything in my power to Supermax both painting and sculpting before the adult stage for my founder as well.   I almost never do anything for photography except get to level 10 which with the help of the MultiTab6000 or moving in a paparazzi can be simpler than it sounds.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5193 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
The way I intrepret this, then, is that you'd need to do the entire opportunity chain for it to count as a BlackOp, since the whole chain is counted as one BlackOp.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5194 on: June 27, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
I actually try the same thing. I do this for a higher value painting and sculpture. Is that not what everybody does?  ???

:-[ I don't. The non-Immortals have other things to do. Work and make money in rabbit-holes so I don't have to monitor them, or do chores.

@Rica - Right, but I assume you're talking about a chain opp like the one that leads to the Omni plant (please correct me if I'm wrong) - each opp still has a different name, and I would think that if you did the first one (Uncommonly Good, I think it is?) but don't actually finish to get the Omni plant, it should still count.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5195 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
I can only think of one real "chain opp" that's ever come up for me - the Celebrity opportunity "Best Food In Town". As soon as you eat at the restaurant, you immediately get another call telling you to talk up the restaurant to three sims. You don't get the reward for completing the opp until you do that, and the opportunity name doesn't change.

The omni plant series opportunities all build on each other, but they don't follow one right on top of the other, and you get a "completion" message after completing each one. Those definitely count as three opps - but are the two halves of "Best Food In Town" one opp or two?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5196 on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »
:-[ I don't. The non-Immortals have other things to do. Work and make money in rabbit-holes so I don't have to monitor them, or do chores.

I am probably overworking myself while trying to perfection the paintings and sculptures, 'cause I find especially the beginning very difficult. I think this is why I lost interest a little... maybe I should relax more and try it your way ;)

@Rica - Right, but I assume you're talking about a chain opp like the one that leads to the Omni plant (please correct me if I'm wrong) - each opp still has a different name, and I would think that if you did the first one (Uncommonly Good, I think it is?) but don't actually finish to get the Omni plant, it should still count.

I completely agree. My founder actually only completed the first opp for Omni plant. I assumed this could be counted as one. As a matter of fact, it never crossed my mind it needed more opps to complete. I thought the rule was that you can count each same title only once, not that you need to have all those same titles to count as one opp. Then you could also say you only complete the opp of learning a recipe if you have learned all recipes, which is rediculous of course. Don't know for sure if there is such an opp, but just wanted to give an example here...
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5197 on: June 27, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
I have always counted each individual opp in a chain as one opp. So the uncommonly good counts as one and the omnificant plant counts as another opp. I suppose I always thought that so long as the name was different then it counted. Well to be honest I still believe that to be the case.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5198 on: June 27, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »

Correct. You do not need to finish the whole Omni Plant chain for it to count as one unique opportunity. It is made up of 4 (forgot the actual number) distinctly named opps that could all count towards Ambrosia requirements for an Immortal.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5199 on: June 27, 2012, 05:17:55 PM »
Phew I was worried I was going to have my hall of fame status revoked for a minute there. Thanks for clarifying Metro.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5200 on: June 28, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Ricalynn messaged me today and voiced her opinion that 54 Golf Links Lane would be an ideal Dynasty lot choice for the new Lucky Palms world. Anyone care to throw in their two cents on lot choice in Lucky Palms?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5201 on: June 28, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
I've posted pictures in the Lucky Palms thread to help people with the decision if they want.  You can find them here.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5202 on: June 28, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
If that's the one that the tail of green space is pointing to, kind of sandwiched between two buttes, it looks nice - does anyone know if any of the lots have Beautiful Vista? (I suppose that's not a requirement, but I think most of the other dynasty lots have it.)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5203 on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
Oh yes, that moodlet should totally be the deciding factor! Otherwise, the one with the nicest scenery around it. ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5204 on: June 28, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
I haven't been able to check the lots yet for the moodlet but I'm fairly certain that several of the lots already chosen don't have the moodlet.  I don't remember having it at Hidden Springs and I'm fairly certain it's not at Lunar Lakes.   The lot I chose was closest to town because for me travel time is always a factor in where I want to live.