Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250358 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5175 on: June 25, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
There is a consignment store? Goes to look.

The Consignment Store came with the Ambitions EP.  If you don't have Ambitions, you probably don't have it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5176 on: June 25, 2012, 09:52:13 PM »
I have all the stuff packs and expansion packs. I won't be getting the Sweet Treat pack until the next sales are on. I just never went to the consignment store.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5177 on: June 25, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »
if you have Ambitions, then yes, there should be. Look for a building with a pricetag icon.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5178 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Time for me to be a complete NOOB!

There is a consignment store? Goes to look.

Dek

You may want to read Carl's Guide for the Consignment Shop.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5179 on: June 26, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »
Aww that's awful. I once had my founder skip her adult life and go straight from YA to elder. It would probably be up to Metro if you can continue and still be eligible for HoF. Good luck, and we all know the biggest challenge of this challenge is overcoming the many bugs in the game.  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5180 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
Umm, hi. I've just started on a Dynasty and had been playing for one sim week when my founder unexpectedly aged up even though she had like ten more days of being a young adult. I hadn't gotten her portrait done yet, and I was disappointed that I had to start over. But then a few seconds later she aged up again. She was all glitchy and kept having birthdays. I exited and came back to find that everything was okay again besides the fact that she was still a young adult with a midlife crisis and she still had a memory of becoming an adult.

I'm so sad and confused. I really like her, and I'm wondering if I can still play the challenge.

If it's only been one sim week and you're not very far, why not start over anyway?  There is a very good chance if your file was buggy one time that it might be another time in a new and horrific way.  By starting with a new file, you can be absolutely sure that everything should be normal.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5181 on: June 26, 2012, 12:47:21 AM »
Yes, it is overwhelming. All of mine has been played with needs static on, (well, the ones everyone here knows about.  ;D) and it was still hard. But, have faith in yourself and your sims that you can do it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5182 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:29 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with the Platt family from Starlight Shores? My 4th concurrent Dynasty has had them move in with my founder. I've noticed that the girl, Alora, has a static 'Energy' need. It stays just under completely full regardless of what she does. However my founder, as well as Alora's brother and mother's Energy and other needs go up and down normally. Each of Alora's other needs move up and down normally.

I haven't changed any of the settings on the game, and this is the very first time that something like this has happened to me. I've checked everything I can think of and as far as I know she is a normal sim. She doesn't have the red box around her picture as is the case with vampires. I don't know what the qualities are of the other life states you can have in the game. However, her portrait when I bring up her age looks the same as a sim in the normal life state.

While this is great in that she can do all her painting and not have to worry about sleep, I suspect it is a glitch of some kind.

Edit: I went in and tried playing that family. Alora's 'Energy' and other needs all moved as per normal. So I'm calling my previous experience with her a glitch.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5183 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Ricalynn- I thought the same thing, but she was fun and I wanted to blog about her. Actually, I've haunted your Artie's Lunar Lunacy dynasty and it's inspired me to try my own. I've modeled my founder after him except she's not red, male, or insane. :3

You can save your founder and use her to start another one.  Have her go to a mirror or dresser to get into Create-A-Sim (like when you change hair or clothes).  Once there, click the button with the three dots (...) and choose Save to Bin.  Then when you start a new game and go to create your Sim, you can click on the pre-made Sims (buttons with silhouettes in lower left corner) and find your founder.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Salome Toums

• Nooboo
« Reply #5184 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
I have a couple questions, and I'm sorry if these have been asked already, but if I go through 200+ pages, two things will happen: my eyeballs will fall out and I'll lose interest.  I just started my Immortal Dynasty with Chunk Stumpman, a beefy guy who loves to garden (his supermax skill).  No idea where this dynasty will end up, especially with Supernatural coming out in a couple months, but if I plan, nothing will work out.  I'll let chaos take over.

Life fruit:  is it considered cheating if I have Chunk eat a life fruit every day until he spawns and reproduces?  I'm looking over the rules for the umpteenth time, and can't find anything on it.

I'm assuming it's considered cheating also to "prep" townies for their eventual marriage into the dynasty, right?  By prep, I mean, before I even place Chunk at his property, I go in to a townie's home and max a couple skills.  I never play with townies, so I don't know who is high in what skill, so the serial marriage thing might be do-able.

Is it cheating if I have a low handiness non-immortal try to fix the broken dishwasher and "oh no!" she's electrocuted and dies (leaving space for another spouse)?

Also, I started out in Twinbrook, and after I bought the statue and three paintings, it brought my family funds down to 1721 or something like that.  Could I have used the family funds cheat to bring it up to 1800?  (I didn't.)

Also, if you want to add, 16 Puddlewick Drive has the Equestrian Center on it; might need to make note of having to delete it.

So sorry if these have been answered (or noted).

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5185 on: June 27, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »
Life fruit:  is it considered cheating if I have Chunk eat a life fruit every day until he spawns and reproduces?  I'm looking over the rules for the umpteenth time, and can't find anything on it.

Yes. Non-immortals and immortals pre-Ambrosia cannot eat life fruit. (I don't know about post-Ambrosia)

I'm assuming it's considered cheating also to "prep" townies for their eventual marriage into the dynasty, right?  By prep, I mean, before I even place Chunk at his property, I go in to a townie's home and max a couple skills.  I never play with townies, so I don't know who is high in what skill, so the serial marriage thing might be do-able.

Yes, that would be considered cheating.

Is it cheating if I have a low handiness non-immortal try to fix the broken dishwasher and "oh no!" she's electrocuted and dies (leaving space for another spouse)?

I'm not sure about this one.

Also, I started out in Twinbrook, and after I bought the statue and three paintings, it brought my family funds down to 1721 or something like that.  Could I have used the family funds cheat to bring it up to 1800?  (I didn't.)

Yes. In fact, you could've used familyfunds to set your funds to 1800 in the first place.

Also, if you want to add, 16 Puddlewick Drive has the Equestrian Center on it; might need to make note of having to delete it.

Yeah, a note about that would be helpful. I noticed that, too.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5186 on: June 27, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »

As Audren noted, yes it is. However, since Chunk is a male, he can reproduce as an Elder.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5187 on: June 27, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »

It's cheating if you were aiming to kill the Sim. Say that Sim was aiming to fix the dishwasher to actually fix it and not die then it would be allowed. Accidental death is allowed but if you had the thought of - "Ooh, maybe they'll die if I make them do this..." Then it would be breaking the rules.

Edit:

Yes. Non-immortals and immortals pre-Ambrosia cannot eat life fruit. (I don't know about post-Ambrosia)

Post-Ambrosia Immortals can eat Life Fruit.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Corcofinde

« Reply #5188 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
If I did it again, though, I'd move in at least a couple more sims at the beginning. One for painting/photography and one for sculpting so they could complete the challenges and make my museum pieces worth more, and one to do cooking/gardening/fishing for ambrosia and so cooking could be an open skill and I wouldn't have to micromanage my elders so that they didn't cook! And they can also have a kid, which means gen 2's spouse is sorted.

I had a similar strategy on my first Tolkien Immortal Dynasty attempt. My founder, Túrin, moved in Morgana Wolff, Agnes Crumplebottom, and Thornton Wolff to be the sculpting, painting, and photography/fishing/cooking/handiness slaves so Túrin could devote himself to gardening. It is very difficult, though, to complete all the sculpting challenges. I wanted to do that with Morgana, and figured I could since Túrin started the game with 20 days to adult and I moved Morgana in on the first day. She finished the 25 ice sculptures with 6 days until Túrin became an adult, but was unable to produce five of every other sculpture type in time. It's probably not impossible to SuperMax the sculpting skill in 20 to 21 days, but it's very, very difficult. It is pretty simple to complete the Painting skill challenges and the Photog photography challenge, though. Thornton and Ages made/captured a $4,000 painting and $200 photo several days before Túrin's adult birthday.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5189 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
Concerning BlackOps:

If your character gets a chain opp but you only complete part 1, does it still count as a BlackOp if you never plan on doing it for another immortal ever?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'