Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250431 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5160 on: June 23, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »
Thanks for those ideas, Pam. It was the social need that was the problem. Next time I'll try extra cats.

Dek

If you buy the cats the cat castle item ( I can't remember the name), they will gain social while playing inside of it.  It's a lot like a child's dollhouse or teddy bear for social needs if everyone else is busy.   It's a little pricey in the beginning without a sugar daddy/mama but it's completely worth it in a house full of skilling people.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Xajjia

« Reply #5161 on: June 24, 2012, 01:26:59 AM »
The official way to complete this challenge is to start with an empty plot of land and build your house yourself.   If you're really worried, depending on the town you choose, there are a few people you could move in as a mate or best friend and they will give you a lot of money to start with and you can build a house that makes you comfortable for a generation or two.    Agnes Crumplebottom, Holly Alto, Thornton or Morganna Wolff but make sure they're driving the car from their house, meaning that it's in their pocket.  If they show up in the sloppy jalopy, you're only get about 20k if they move in. 

Thanks heaps for the suggestions. I had not thought of doing that.  However I figured it was from scratch, that is how I keep starting it but I keep getting to adult and not having a mate or a house lol.  I figure I am focusing too much on skilling probably.  Once I get past this start up hiccup it will not be so bad.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Xajjia

« Reply #5162 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:29 AM »
Code: [Select]
Thanks for those ideas, Pam. It was the social need that was the problem. Next time I'll try extra cats.
I lost a horse to the social worker because of the social bar going down too low.  The horse was at the pet shelter when I inquired but it would not let me adopt because I had been a bad owner.  I think you need to wait at least a couple of days after the pet was taken to get him back. If you try too early the pet will not re-appear in the shelter.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5163 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Thanks heaps for the suggestions. I had not thought of doing that.  However I figured it was from scratch, that is how I keep starting it but I keep getting to adult and not having a mate or a house lol.  I figure I am focusing too much on skilling probably.  Once I get past this start up hiccup it will not be so bad.

One of the first steps is to think only of the immediate needs.  In a dynasty, your immediate needs are to find someone else to paint your Young Adult portrait which means you need someone to reach or have at least level 7 painting in 2 weeks time.   That's step one.  Supermaxing your skill, hitting level 10 in your career, children can all wait til adulthood but that painting is the first thing that should be on your mind when you start a Dynasty.

Which is another reason why Billy Caspian and Agnes Crumplebottom are well "loved."  Not only do they both come with expensive cars but they both have painting skill and if I remember correctly, Agnes can paint portraits as soon as she moves in plus she has high cooking skill which means if you wanted, she could make your ambrosia.  That's two out of four things off the list for a first generation's dynasty goals.  The other two being gardening and fishing.

I would also suggest reading some of the other stories if you haven't to see how everyone else gets past the bump.  You'll see people use a sugar mama/daddy or you'll meet people like Pam who started with a mate that had no skill and hoped really hard that it got done in time.  It's all about your time management.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5164 on: June 25, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »
I would also suggest reading some of the other stories if you haven't to see how everyone else gets past the bump.  You'll see people use a sugar mama/daddy or you'll meet people like Pam who started with a mate that had no skill and hoped really hard that it got done in time.  It's all about your time management.   

Or you'll meet people like me, who moved half of the town in. :P

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #5165 on: June 25, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »
Now, that was funny, Fez!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5166 on: June 25, 2012, 03:22:09 AM »
I have used three approaches to the begining. First of all we just had Thornton Wolff to do all the paintings. The second dynasty had Agnes moving in and she managed to do both sculpting and painting. In my current dynasty I moved in Ben from Lunar Lakes and his teenage children. The teens did the sculpting and painting and Ben did the cooking and fishing while my founder worked on the garden.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5167 on: June 25, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
I've always moved in a large household to do it all because my founder can't be bothered to do the stuff he needs.  The first time he married Agnes and moved in the Bachelor house.  The second time he moved in Jessica Willow, Cassidy Earthsong, Nicholas Riverhawk and the pet store clerk who came with a vaguester in her pocket(which was pure luck).   The current moment I'm in Lunar Lakes so there are no cars or painting skills to be had.  So I grabbed the double 5 star celebrity couple.  Founder became a 4 star celebrity just being their friend.  Gifts and opportunities make money.  Move in a pap for their high photography skill and had the couple adopt a child who could paint and never went to school because founder needed someone to tutor anyway for the logic skill. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5168 on: June 25, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
I've taken three different approaches with my three (currently running) dynasties.

For Dynasty One, my Sim Founder married Billy Caspian and did Fishing. She had a wish of Surrounded by Family. Billy worked on Gardening and Cooking in between painting portraits and improving his painting skills. Heir was to be the Immortal painter, and younger siblings were to do gardening/cooking/painting/fishing. My gardening efforts were pretty bad in this one.

For Dynasty Two, my Sim Founder married Agnes. Sim Founder took on the wish of Renaissance Sim and did Fishing, Gardening and Guitar (I didn't do Fishing/Gardening/Cooking because I wanted another immortal to supermax cooking). Meanwhile Agnes did the Painting and the Cooking. I've learned a few tricks for dealing with the imaginary friend in this dynasty with regards to locking doors.

For Dynasty Three, my Sim Founder became very good friends with Billy Caspian, to the extent that Billy agreed to move in with him on day two. Billy adopted a female child who was going to take care of fishing and take over from her adopted dad for the painting. My Sim Founder married Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes who had gardening and handiness skills, as well as a puppy. I really lucked it big time with this one because both Billy and Meadow had their cars in their pocket. Founder and Meadow have had their baby, a girl, and a couple of days before she became a child, Billy adopted a second child, a boy, who I intend to marry the girl. Once Meadow dies (she has just become an elder while the founder (Chilli Peppers) is still a young adult) I'm going to see if my Founder can marry Billy's adopted daughter.

I have an idea of using the McDermott family from Riverview, if I get bored enough with these current three dynasties and want to try a fourth or something. I find that I try different things now instead of doing the same old things that I always used to do. It is all a learning experience, I'm finding, and that is something I enjoy doing, learning better ways of doing things in Sims 3.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #5169 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »
I just moved in Billy Caspian from Riverview when I started mine, who took care of portaits and ice sculptures for Eleri's YA to Elder and the first few of my second gen's museum, after which a spare took over from him. My founder did cooking and gardening. The second gen was the angler, and managed to get herself to level 10 and catch a deathfish by the time Eleri was ready for ambrosia. Nobody had more than two skills to max, and with Billy's car I had starting cash too.

If I did it again, though, I'd move in at least a couple more sims at the beginning. One for painting/photography and one for sculpting so they could complete the challenges and make my museum pieces worth more, and one to do cooking/gardening/fishing for ambrosia and so cooking could be an open skill and I wouldn't have to micromanage my elders so that they didn't cook! And they can also have a kid, which means gen 2's spouse is sorted.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5170 on: June 25, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Now, that was funny, Fez!

Teehee. ;)

I moved in Nicholas Riverhawk, (Cooking and Gardening) Cassidy Earthsong, (Sculpting, though she started very late) Jessica Willow (The founder's wife, and Painting) as well as Renauld, Catarina and Sebastian Vanderburg purely for the money and to have more sims that can gain happiness points for reward items - they don't really do anything else. Sneaky spoiler, but once either Renauld or Catarina dies, I plan to make Sebastian and Cassidy have a greenboo who can be the next cook/gardener. ..Well that wasn't really a spoiler since it's been discussed in the comments but hey. :P

I regret moving in so many people, it's so annoying to take care of everyone with no cheats! I also regret the fact that I had Cass only start sculpting 6 days before my founder turned into an Adult. I thought you could only start photography once gen 2 is a YA because of the travel thing, and you need to travel to get a camera? Confused me because I saw some others doing photography before then. I now have the multitab though, so gen 2, a child, is working on photography. I think I'll use the phone pictures as a substitute until Fljotavik can begin taking photos.. Does anyone know if the phone pictures can be put in frames etc and hung around the house like ones from a camera?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5171 on: June 25, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »
Phone pictures can't be put in frames if I remember correctly and they don't count for the museum either.  In fact, I don't even think they have value to add to the museum anyway.  Photos to be counted need to be proper photographs.   Don't forget that you can get a camera at the consignment shop.  I almost always see one within the first three weeks of a game which has always allowed for a founder photo so far.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5172 on: June 25, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
Phone pictures can't be put in frames if I remember correctly and they don't count for the museum either.  In fact, I don't even think they have value to add to the museum anyway.  Photos to be counted need to be proper photographs.   Don't forget that you can get a camera at the consignment shop.  I almost always see one within the first three weeks of a game which has always allowed for a founder photo so far.

I didn't want it for the museum, just for around the house to decorate. I forgot about the consignment shop! Right, we all know where Saeglopur is going next. 8) Thanks, Rica!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5173 on: June 25, 2012, 01:14:32 PM »
For Fez and anyone else who was wondering you can buy a camera at the consignment store,if it is not there when you first look buy some items and check again.Do the same thing until the camera shows up then you just consign all the stuff you bought back to the store and generally make some money off the deal.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5174 on: June 25, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Time for me to be a complete NOOB!

There is a consignment store? Goes to look.

Dek

anything