Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250441 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5130 on: June 21, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
N
The current rule is that when you need to place an EA lot in the game, like a bar, the equestrian center, etc., it is not allowed to be on top of a former lot.   So you couldn't take the movie studio and place it over a fishing hole, park or beach.    You're not allowed to replace lots with different lots. Right?
Its not specifically mentioned in the rules, but I think it was mentioned somewhere in the thread that you can't delete lots. :-\

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5131 on: June 22, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »
"The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:..." (Front page rules, mobile version can't do proper quotes)

Since deleting a lot isn't listed as an exception, I would assume it falls under "off limits". However, you are allowed to delete a lot if it gets placed on the specified dynasty lot. I'm looking at you, equestrian center.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5132 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
Katie,

Earlier on in the rules, when it lists the lots that should be used, it says the following

Sunset Valley — 15 Summerhill Ct (you'll need to use Edit Town to remove the Equestrian Center if you have Pets. You are free to place the smaller version elsewhere).

I hope that helps. :)

Lemon_pie

« Reply #5133 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »
I have a question regarding the unique maxed skill. (maybe someone asked this question before, but I couldn't find it).
Some Immortal had supermax'ed a skill and had eaten Ambrosia with this skill counting as unique (nobody max'ed it at the time of the first Ambrosia).
After that can another Immortal sim max this skill too? It could be Immortal from previous generation, or Immortal from the next who also have some unique supermax'ed skill he can use to qualify for immortality?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5134 on: June 22, 2012, 09:52:07 AM »
No. If a skill has been SuperMaxed by an Immortal, no other Immortal can reach level 10 in that skill.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5135 on: June 22, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
The skill designated as a SuperMax skill for an immortal must be unique to them throughout the entire dynasty.  If another immortal reaches level 10 in that skill it negates the first immortal's ambrosia requirements and you have failed.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5136 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
@Deklitch

I know :) I was answering Ricalynn's question. But you probably helped clear things up for her too.

How's your dynasty going?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Lemon_pie

« Reply #5137 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
Thank you all  for the clarification :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5138 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »
I know :) I was answering Ricalynn's question. But you probably helped clear things up for her too.

I hope I helped her. :)

How's your dynasty going?

My first Dynasty (the one with the Surrounded by Family LTW) is proceeding well. I decided to do it in Riverview. Founder currently has heir as a teen, and his younger brother and sister at children. I'm currently having issues (1) Getting the founder and hubby to have more children, (2) Getting the heir to either (a) Get his logic up high enough to make an IF Real potion or (b) find a rainbow gem to make his female IF real. I am worried about the age of my female founder and the need to get her to have the remaining children before she becomes an Elder. I am also worried that if I get her pregnant prior to the IF being made real that she and her husband will have triplets, not leaving space for the IF in the house until after the founder's husband dies.

My second Dynasty (because I was bored just having one Dynasty) has 2nd Generation to Teenager stage. I gave my founder the Renaissance Sim LTW and he has already maxed Fishing and Gardening (Fishing to be Supermaxed - have under 100 fish left to catch) and is up to 5 with Guitar and 7 in Professional Fisherman. My 2nd Generation Heir has the Master of the Arts (Supermaxing Painting) and Guitar. My Founder's wife (Agnes from Sunset Valley) has maxed Cooking and Painting and is close to the top with Gardening. I picked Artistic for my founder and I realise now I should have picked Virtuoso, as he is forever trying to paint.

Heir has IF who I am once again trying to make real and also I am hoping that Agnes will get enough LTR points for a Clone Voucher. This is so that they can have a couple of helpers for painting, cooking etc.

A couple of questions that I want clarification on please.
1) My second dynasty's founder's wife had a cat with her when she moved in. The cat has been taken away by Government people due to neglect (I've never had a pet before in any game of Sims, so really didn't have an idea what I was doing). Does the pet being taken away mean I've failed the dynasty?

2) If I have multiple immortals that have 10's in some skills (eg guitar, gardening), that is fine, isn't it, as long as each of my immortals has a unique skill that they supermax?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5139 on: June 23, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
A couple of questions that I want clarification on please.
1) My second dynasty's founder's wife had a cat with her when she moved in. The cat has been taken away by Government people due to neglect (I've never had a pet before in any game of Sims, so really didn't have an idea what I was doing). Does the pet being taken away mean I've failed the dynasty?

2) If I have multiple immortals that have 10's in some skills (eg guitar, gardening), that is fine, isn't it, as long as each of my immortals has a unique skill that they supermax?

As for the answer to my question; I was correct.  You have to place lots on empty lots when removing the equestrian center or adding any other new lot unless you're just replacing rabbit holes or the Stadium with the Showtime one.   I was just double checking and it's been confirmed. 

For your questions:
1) That's fine.  Pets are allowed to enter and leave the house because they aren't on all of the same rules as the Sims.  Just remember if you do add a pet later on - no young again potion and no gourmet pet food by your cooking sim and you should be fine.

2) As long as Immortal A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I all have very unique skills that they supermaxed before eating ambrosia then you're fine.  They're allowed to have other skills.  But they have to be uniquely maxed/supermaxed ex: Immortal A is going to be your fishing immortal so that means no other immortal can have 10 points in fishing or you're done.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5140 on: June 23, 2012, 01:12:32 AM »
Thanks for your answers Ricalynn.

A couple more clarifications/queries if you don't mind.

I've got a friendship that's moved from being Best Friends to being Old Friends for my 2nd Immortal. It still has the relationship meter up full. Does the Friendship need to say 'Best Friend' or does 'Old Friend' satisfy that requirement for that Sim? It is a unique friendship to his father's friendships. I spent the day with the sims being together but it remains on 'Old Friend'. He has a wish of being best friends with the other sim, who happened to be his babysitter when he was a toddler.

My 2nd Heir also currently has a negative moodlet of 'Hunted' for -10 next to him for over 24 sim hours now. It seemed to start on his Friday at school. As is normal with that moodlet, there is no time on it. However, unlike normal, this one hasn't disappeared after my sim returned home. He is a teenager at the moment and his parents have received that 'Free Weekend Away' item, leaving him at home alone. I've checked his relationships. He has some vampires as acquaintances, but none as negative relationships. I did have him take a group outing with his 'Old Friend' which took them out for lunch to the bistro and to the sports stadium to watch a concert. Are there any suggestions on how I deal with this? Oh, his parents found a seed which turned out to be a plasma plant. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with him being hunted.

Thank you for any thoughts and help on this. Through playing this challenge, I've learned a lot about the gameplay of the Sims. Thanks Metro for the Challenge and thanks to all those for helping those of us with questions, and being patient with us and our questions.

Dek

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5141 on: June 23, 2012, 01:41:12 AM »
Old Friend is still fine as long as the relationship bar is in the same range as other Best Friends - Old Friend essentially means the friendship has lasted longer than a certain number of sim days, and I think it might decay slower or offer extra friendly interactions.

Instead of turning the Imaginary Friend real, you can try padding the household with pets - you can have 6 pets or 8 sims in the house, but only a total of 10, so if you have 3 pets you won't end up with more than 7 sims. Since pets can come and go from the household, you only have to have them in the house for 3 or 4 days at the most. Getting the founder and husband to have more children might just be a matter of persistence - or, do adopted children count for the LTW? That way you'd get to control the number and I think there's no problem adopting children into the household once the heir is born from a natural pregnancy.

The "Hunted" moodlet is notorious for getting stuck when you get it in a rabbit hole (like school or a workplace). There's probably a vampire at school if that's where you got it. Since this is a known bug I think it would be okay to delete it - use testingcheatsenabled true, and then shift-click on the moodlet. A moodlet manager can probably get rid of it, too, without using the cheat. I think either way it'll keep coming back if you keep encountering vampires in rabbit holes, though, and it's fairly small, so you might want to just live with it.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5142 on: June 23, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »
I've got a friendship that's moved from being Best Friends to being Old Friends for my 2nd Immortal. It still has the relationship meter up full. Does the Friendship need to say 'Best Friend' or does 'Old Friend' satisfy that requirement for that Sim? It is a unique friendship to his father's friendships. I spent the day with the sims being together but it remains on 'Old Friend'. He has a wish of being best friends with the other sim, who happened to be his babysitter when he was a toddler.

The best way to check - all relationships are sorted by strength, from strongest on the left to weakest on the right. If the Sim marked "Old Friend" is to the left of a Sim marked "Best Friend" in the Immortal Candidate's relationship panel, it is strong enough to be counted as a Best Friend.

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5143 on: June 23, 2012, 06:59:24 AM »
@deklitch

Cathy has a good idea. Grab an elder that your sim is friends with and move them in. Then there won't be room for triplets. I think someone did this to save their game when the sixth generation insisted on having twins out of the blue.

Also, you'll probably have to try a lot for a pregnancy. I'm convinced the older the mom the lower the "try for baby" success rate. Agnes had no trouble conceiving at the middle of the adult stage. But when she had already gotten her birthday coming soon message - yikes, I think they tried seven times before getting the music (and that was with fertility treatment). Although it could be coincidence.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5144 on: June 23, 2012, 08:05:54 AM »
I just checked on the adoption issue. 1) If you adopt an infant, it counts towards Surrounded By Family. 2) It's totally legit to adopt non-immortals. The wish is to raise the children from Infant to Teen, so I think it triggers on Child #5's Teen birthday, meaning that from a natural pregnancy it takes about 3 weeks from the last Try For Baby, or for an adoption a little less than that.

It definitely becomes harder to conceive as the mother approaches her elder birthday - Fertility Treatment might help with that (and I don't think any other immortal will want it, so it could be a good Unique LTR). But if you're in the last week or so of her Adult stage adoption might be worthwhile.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms