Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250390 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5115 on: June 19, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
I know more than one successful dynasty (bare minimum, Metro and Orange Iguana) have given most or all of the members the Couch Potato trait, so that after they're "done" you can sit them down to watch TV and it'll be the next best thing to being able to turn free will off. :) Other people (at a minimum, Pam and Juxtaposition) have started bands made up of their immortals.

On the issue of imaginary friends: Do they have to be turned real to count as Best Friends? I believe they don't but I want to double-check.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5116 on: June 19, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
My imaginary friends have stayed best friends in the inventory as long as I take them out every blue moon and chat with them after a false accusation does the friendship hit. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5117 on: June 19, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
On the issue of imaginary friends: Do they have to be turned real to count as Best Friends? I believe they don't but I want to double-check.

No, they do not...

[/li][li]6. Have 6 different Best Friends (must be different Best Friends of other immortals) at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time....Anyone/anything can qualify as a Best Friend, including spouses, household members, cars, and Imaginary Friends.[/li][/list]

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5118 on: June 19, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
How do y'all not run out of steam by generation 3?  I'm trying this, again, but it's still a challenge as the name indicates, haha!

I'm going to pretend that my strategy to take it easy is how I keep going. By the time they hit Elder, they're behind on their (non-age specific) requirements, so I work like a Trojan to keep it going. Example: I don't think my Founder's done any of her requirements yet.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5119 on: June 19, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
I've actually managed to get everyone finished all requirements but their elder museum pieces around their adult birthday.   Even my founder had it all done before he turned elder which meant I only had to make sure his friends were still best friends.  I've kept up this pattern over the next two and my  third gen is well on his way to being an immortal with only property and elder birthday standing in his way of ambrosia.  This also means he's had plenty of time to spend with his wife and his child as well as his friends. 

I think the best thing you can do is to figure out exactly what you want them to do once they are immortal.   The life of Artie is sculpting day in and day out whereas his son spends all day breaking space rocks.  I've let them all keep their jobs just to get them out of the house (plus I don't want Artie to lose his glow).  As a backup, they have a very nice video game setup near the tv and there are always animals that need attention.  The garden is big enough that once I finally have a gardening immortal that will be the thing that keeps them busy all day, every day.  The painting sim will do nothing but paint.  I know it sounds boring but you'll always know what that sim is doing when you wake them up.  This way you can concentrate on the newest generation and getting them ready.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

AdnaanA

« Reply #5120 on: June 19, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
I have finally started my dynasty gameplay! I'm using the founder from my original try, Dylan Cruise. Wish me luck!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #5121 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
Good luck! I hope it goes well for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #5122 on: June 19, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Thanks! I'm finding it really easy (well, except for the clothes of my to be founders wife) but yeah, thanks!

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5123 on: June 19, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »
Hello all!
Recently I've finally started to play the challenge, and now I have a problem to discuss. A Sim in my household had an affair with townie, and now he has a daughter in another family. The problem is, he is an Elder, his lover became an Elder soon after giving birth. They both will probably die before the kid will become a teenager -- which means, in her case, orphanage, as she lives with her mother alone. I want to take the girl in the household. The only way I see to do it is to ask Sim's lover to move, but choose not her from menu, but the child. (I can't take both women, there are already 7 Sims in the household now). Is it allowed in the challenge?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5124 on: June 19, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
You can ask anyone to live in the house if you have the room and it won't cause you to have household problems later on.  However, I don't think the game will allow you to just move in the child as you asked the adult to do the moving in.  It would expect you to move in the original Sim or have your Sim move in with her. 

So the only way to get the child into the household would be to cheat and that is not allowed per the challenge rules.  I've had Sims live way past their expected 90 days so maybe your Sim's daughter will be lucky.  Just invite her over often and spend time with her so she's friends with more than her father.  Maybe even the next immortal to be and then they might be able to invite her in once she's a YA if they keep the relationship high enough.

In one of my first games ever, I had my Sim's brother move out.  He adopted a daughter and then when he died, the daughter was magically adopted into another family's household so I was still able to hang out with her.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5125 on: June 19, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
Hello all!
Recently I've finally started to play the challenge, and now I have a problem to discuss. A Sim in my household had an affair with townie, and now he has a daughter in another family. The problem is, he is an Elder, his lover became an Elder soon after giving birth. They both will probably die before the kid will become a teenager -- which means, in her case, orphanage, as she lives with her mother alone. I want to take the girl in the household. The only way I see to do it is to ask Sim's lover to move, but choose not her from menu, but the child. (I can't take both women, there are already 7 Sims in the household now). Is it allowed in the challenge?

In addition to what Ricalynn said, I don't think the mother will die before the new baby becomes a teenager.  After birth, Sims spend 3 days as an infant, 7 days as a toddler, and 7 days as a child.  That's a total of 17 days.  The elder stage lasts about 20 days (sometimes more, but seldom less).  Unless the elder mother dies early, the child should be ok.

Also, I believe I was able to invite a Sim into the household when he was a teen, so you might not have to wait until Young Adult to do so.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5126 on: June 19, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
...  The elder stage lasts about 90 days (sometimes more, but seldom less)...

I think you mean till 90 Days Old from about 70/75 Days. So roughly 20 Days long. In one of my last attempts the Mother had twins and aged to Elder the next day and they made it to Teenagers before she was even 90, I never found out when she died because I failed by then.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5127 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
I think you mean till 90 Days Old from about 70/75 Days. So roughly 20 Days long. In one of my last attempts the Mother had twins and aged to Elder the next day and they made it to Teenagers before she was even 90, I never found out when she died because I failed by then.  :P

Ack!  Yes, thank you.  I changed it in my post.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5128 on: June 19, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
Thank you very much for responses! I can certainly say that game will allow moving in a child without parents, as long as there is at least one Adult Sim in the target household. Pam's calculations, however, gave me hope. Let's see how it will turn out naturally.
Thank you very much!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5129 on: June 20, 2012, 09:36:52 AM »
The current rule is that when you need to place an EA lot in the game, like a bar, the equestrian center, etc., it is not allowed to be on top of a former lot.   So you couldn't take the movie studio and place it over a fishing hole, park or beach.    You're not allowed to replace lots with different lots. Right?