Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250330 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5100 on: June 18, 2012, 03:42:15 AM »
My heir was betrayed by her husband (who flirted with my founder... without my okay  >:(). She broke up with him... He still lives in the house, but they are not married anymore. Is that a problem?

edit: typo

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5101 on: June 18, 2012, 07:16:37 AM »
My heir was betrayed by her husband (who flirted with my founder... without my okay  >:(). She broke up with him... He still lives in the house, but they are not married anymore. Is that a problem?

Not a problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5102 on: June 18, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
The "immortals must be the result of natural pregnancy of sims residing in the dynasty house" is a confusing rule. Since it says "Immortals" (plural) it seems like the "Sims" are their mothers, not their parents. Could work if you consider a couple pregnant but I don't know many people who say that. Maybe put "two" in front of Sims to clear it up? Just an idea, I've seen quite a few people ask about it.   

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5103 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »
The "immortals must be the result of natural pregnancy of sims residing in the dynasty house" is a confusing rule. Since it says "Immortals" (plural) it seems like the "Sims" are their mothers, not their parents. Could work if you consider a couple pregnant but I don't know many people who say that. Maybe put "two" in front of Sims to clear it up? Just an idea, I've seen quite a few people ask about it.   

Sure, thanks for the suggestion.

-------

EDIT: Okay, here's the edit --

• Immortals must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #5104 on: June 18, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
How do y'all not run out of steam by generation 3?  I'm trying this, again, but it's still a challenge as the name indicates, haha!

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5105 on: June 18, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »
@ metro

Perfect! I don't think there's any way to misinterpret that.

@revolution

My immortals do spare stuff on the side to keep me entertained. One is currently trying to collect all the different collectibles and transfigure everything, another one is siring many babies out of wedlock. 

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #5106 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »
How do y'all not run out of steam by generation 3?  I'm trying this, again, but it's still a challenge as the name indicates, haha!

Honestly, what kept me going was coming up with ideas for a story and then manipulating the dynasty to have it play out like that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5107 on: June 18, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

Plan ahead, and then find stuff for the family to do.

As an example in my current Dynasty, I have no plans to have fishing or sculpting maxed, so when my Immortals annoy me, I send them to fish, sculpt, or watch TV. In fact, the hardest part for me is to get the adults to leave the blasted child swing alone! ("Hello, dummy, the baby screamed the last 1857854874578748 times you set the speed to Fast, what makes you think it'll change this time?!")

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5108 on: June 18, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
Ok, strange question I haven't seen - or completely missed.

If I turn an IF real, can I move them out (a la Genies/Simbots), or are they permanently attached to the household until death? The doll in the inventory annoys me to no end (I'm OCD about personal inventory), and I'd rather turn them real and boot them out to keep the best friend status.

Corcofinde

« Reply #5109 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Ok, strange question I haven't seen - or completely missed.

If I turn an IF real, can I move them out (a la Genies/Simbots), or are they permanently attached to the household until death? The doll in the inventory annoys me to no end (I'm OCD about personal inventory), and I'd rather turn them real and boot them out to keep the best friend status.

I don't think so. Genies and Simbots are moved out because of the extended lifespan, and vampires aren't allowed for the same reason. (I'm not sure about Simbots, having never played with one, but I believe that's the reasoning.) Imaginary friends, though, have normal lifespans and are essentially basic sims once they're turned, except that they can occasionally turn into a doll. Therefore, they are under the restriction that, as household members, they cannot be moved out.

Metro has the final call, of course, but I believe that's the answer.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5110 on: June 18, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
Making an imaginary friend real is like inviting a new person to the house.  They may not leave once they're real.  However, I've seen on a couple of dynasties where the people got rid of the dolls through sand castle burying, I think Orange Iguana left them all at the junkyard on the ground.  As long as the children aren't actually friends with the dolls, you can put them on the floor in a basement somewhere and they will stay there.   I've even seen someone gift theirs away.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5111 on: June 18, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
Making an imaginary friend real is like inviting a new person to the house.  They may not leave once they're real.

Correct. Just wanted to throw in my two cents. By the ways guys, I do not say this enough, but you have no idea how much I appreciate you stepping in and answering basic rules questions. I know I am not around as much as I have been in the past (curse you, Diablo III!). :) You guys are awesome.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5112 on: June 18, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
That's what I thought (but hoped against!). Thanks much!

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5113 on: June 19, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »

Not having them retire, that's something I'm going to try. I don't know if they will keep working forever :P My founder is always busy in the garden, growing lots of life fruit, deathflowers and money trees. That keep her busy :P

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #5114 on: June 19, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
In fact, the hardest part for me is to get the adults to leave the blasted child swing alone! ("Hello, dummy, the baby screamed the last 1857854874578748 times you set the speed to Fast, what makes you think it'll change this time?!")

Lock the door. Sims won't mess with the baby swing if they can't reach the baby swing. Just make sure to unlock it when it's birthday time.