Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250342 times)

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5085 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
@Dek

How are you going to have the second oldest kid die a natural death in time for your second heir to have a child? That's an eight person household at gen one and you'll need the father gone to move gen two's spouse in, and hope a sibling dies before gen two so he can have an heir. And if gen two is a girl it isn't possible, she wouldn't be able to reproduce as an elder.  I would suggest a LTW that relates to the ambrosia making, like culinary librarian or perfect garden.

On that note you need the baby swing. It fills all of a baby or toddler's needs, so aside from teaching them to walk/talk/etc. You can just leave them in it permanently. Unfortunately a family-oriented sim will constantly try to take them out and put them to bed instead (at least mine did). It is at the store.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5086 on: June 16, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Dek - how are you going to have all the kids die natural deaths in time for your second heir to have a child. That's an eight person household at gen one. I would suggest a LTW that relates to the ambrosia making, like culinary librarian or perfect aquarium.

On that note you need the baby swing. It fills all of a baby or toddlers needs, so aside from teaching them to walk/talk/etc. You can just leave them in it permanently. Unfortunately a family-oriented sim will constantly try to put them to bed instead (at least mine did). It is at the store.

It will be possible for the heir to bring in the next generation once their spouse moves in it is just a case of waiting for the founders spouse to die before they can reproduce. It is easier if the heir is a male because he can reproduce as an elder. I don't think I would ever give a founder the raise five children LTW or any dynasty member that LTW for that matter but everybody plays differently and at least there are plenty of people to work on the cooking,gardening,fishing and sculpting etc.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5087 on: June 16, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »
I thought it was raise 6 children? Oops. And that's true, Dek will have a small army to accomplish all the other tasks.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5088 on: June 16, 2012, 08:45:50 AM »
For a bit of added fun, my generation 2 first born (male) got an imaginary friend doll to whom I've given a female name. I intend to make the doll real and marry my heir.

These are my current intentions and thoughts on the matter:
1) My founding sim's partner is older than she is. My founder is four days away from becoming a fully fledged adult and has 25 days left in which to become pregnant (obviously, I want the pregnancy to occur sooner rather than later), so she can accomplish her LTW as soon as possible.
2) My current heir is a toddler and 3 days away from childhood. I intend on making the imaginary friend real before Founder and hubby try for more babies. This should prevent any accidents, such as my founder and husband having triplets.
3) The four younger siblings, as well as the heir's wife, will be able to take over with respect to painting, gardening, cooking from the founder's husband. After founder's husband dies, that opens up the spot for the third generation heir to be born. Then it is a matter of waiting for the second generation heir's wife and younger siblings to die before the third generation heir finds his/her partner to bring in the fourth generation.

It is going to be tight and tricky, but I like challenging myself with these things, and if it works out for me in actuality, as it does on paper, I'll be very happy. If it does not work out for me, well I've tried at least.

There is an interesting genetic thing I experienced with my sims in this challenge. Founder has green skin with pinkish/purplish hair. Husband, Billy Caspian, is light skinned with black hair. Heir is light skinned with pinkish/purplish hair, heir's younger brother is green skinned and bald, while the heir's younger sister is light skinned with black hair. Apparently she is her daddy's little girl! I'm also kind of sad that little brother wasn't born as the heir, with the green skin and all, as that would have been nice for the line.

Do others have experiences with that sort of stuff?

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5089 on: June 16, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
My blond founder married blonde Agnes and had two blonde daughters. Heir daughter married blond Malcolm Landgraab (who has blond parents) and had three kids: brunette, black-haired, and blonde. The third heir, brunette, and his blonde wife had a red-haired daughter. Can't say I've experimented much with skin color though.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5090 on: June 16, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
If you read either of ratchie's Hall of Fame entries, she had different experiences in genetics.   I've had experiences where my red skinned founder sometimes passes and sometimes doesn't.   Sims 3 genetics is a little random.  Sometimes you'll get a hair or eye color that no one has enter the family tree simply because that's how story progression did it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

JessieJJJ

« Reply #5091 on: June 16, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have just started a Immortal Dynasty with the Stones and I was wondering that anyone has any tips?

Thxs
Jessie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5092 on: June 16, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
By the looks of things your founder is probably going to be concentrating on gardening my advice would be to look for seeds as soon as possible and when it come to the gardening career money trees are your friend. Get plenty of help to do the manual labour. You need somone to do the fishing,the cooking and the portraits at the very least. Although one Sim could do all of these it is handy to divide it up.
If possible do not have a child straight away in my most recent dynasty I waited until a Sim could paint portraits and do ice sculptures before I had the first child. Metro waited until his founder was an elder and was married to his second wife before he started a family in the Man dynasty. I am almost certain that Rica made Artie wait until adulthood before having his first child.
Write everything down especially what opps you have completed. Also make sure that you get the portraits done as soon as someone ages up. I always get the museum peices done as soon as the birthday is done then put them in the museum(or in my case the basement)as soon as they are done. My basement has no stairs so it is not possible for a burglar to get at my museum peices. I also do an extra portrait and sulpture each time and put it in the family inventory just incase I get a glitch and a portrait disappears.I also name my portraits and try and give each toddler if possible a different hair style that way you can see at a glance who is who.

That is all I can think of for now if you need any more help just ask.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5093 on: June 16, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have just started a Immortal Dynasty with the Stones and I was wondering that anyone has any tips?

Thxs
Jessie

Hi Jessie and welcome to the forum!

The first tip for you... well... get yourself a huge amount of stamina and enjoy the ride are most important I think ;) because many of us have to try (much) more than once to complete it.
Have fun with it!!

Odie

Edit: Oh, Ratchie beat me to it! ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5094 on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
To add to what Rachel said - remember to take your time.  Pause the game, get your bearings and then work on a course of action.  Don't speed 3 and miss something that could be fatal.  Don't get me wrong I do use speed 3 but sometimes it's best to make sure you have absolute control.

Another thing is to read the ones that came before and I don't just mean the Hall of Fame entries (Although they're all really good reads if you take my word for it) but also check out some of the ones in progress to get an idea of things.  I probably wouldn't have gotten how far I did on my first try if I hadn't read Pam's Dreamweavers, Samoht's Jades Esther's Halliwells and Lilygirl's Sunbursts. 

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  If you think you know the answer to something but you're not 100% sure, it's better to ask then to find out you were wrong too.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5095 on: June 16, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
Hi Jessie,

As another person who recently started a dynasty, I also welcome you. Before I even started, I read and re-read the rules. Anything I wasn't sure of (and believe me there was a lot, from owning other properties and getting friends to move in, to growing the higher levels plants, catching the higher level fish and getting the ingredients for Ambrosia) I read the guides provided by Carl and his team so that I understood them. Then I planned how I was going to go about things. But then again, I am very much OCD, or CDO.

However, as others have said have fun, read what has been done before and ask questions. I am a firm believer in the only dumb question is the one unasked. :)

Good luck and I look forward to reading what you do with your Dynasty.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #5096 on: June 17, 2012, 12:39:18 AM »
I was wondering, do non-immortals i.e the partner HAVE to live in the house? or can an immortal get pregnant(female) without putting a male in the house? Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5097 on: June 17, 2012, 12:47:09 AM »
@Wiker12, the answer is:

• Immortals must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house.

Yes, Immortals have to get pregnant with Sims inside the Dynasty house.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #5098 on: June 17, 2012, 04:25:45 AM »
ok. Thanks.
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5099 on: June 17, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
The only time the partner isn't allowed to live in the house is for generation 7 to bring in generation 8.  Otherwise, the parents of an heir have to live in the house at the time of conception.  Orange Iguana finished a dynasty but because he had forgotten that rule - failed to make it into HoF.