Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251185 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5025 on: May 31, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
Just out of curiosity, doesn't that delete the Beautiful Vista moodlet from the lot? I suppose it's better than not having the lot available at all, but I'd figured that moodlet was factored into the lot price.

Definitely not. In CAW, you set the lot size. That gives a default price for the lot. Then you can add on your own amount. A 60x60 lot costs about $7200 if I remember right. EA added on about $7400 to get the price for the SV Dynasty Lot. Then you can set the value for the Beautiful Vista Buff from anywhere from 0-100.

Mr. J

« Reply #5026 on: May 31, 2012, 09:08:33 AM »
Hello all, I've been reading this board for about a week, and finally had to join. After 3 false starts, I'm on generation 2 of my immortal dynasty, and I'm having a blast.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5027 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »
Hello all, I've been reading this board for about a week, and finally had to join. After 3 false starts, I'm on generation 2 of my immortal dynasty, and I'm having a blast.

Grats. And welcome to the forum.  :)

Mr. J

« Reply #5028 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »
Grats. And welcome to the forum.  :)

Thanks Metro - your challenges are very creative. I'm much more on the casual end of the spectrum as far as this game goes, so this is a way different experience for me. I may have to try some of your others when (if!) I finish this one.

Quick question: My founder supermaxed cooking, but accidentally maxed gardening while growing and harvesting life fruits. I was thinking about giving a future immortal the Perfect Garden LTW. Would it be OK if my founder actually did all the physical gardening in order to meet the requirements for the other immortal's LTW? I can't see anything in the rules that would forbid this, but I don't want to violate the "spirit" of the challenge either. 

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5029 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
Quick question: My founder supermaxed cooking, but accidentally maxed gardening while growing and harvesting life fruits. I was thinking about giving a future immortal the Perfect Garden LTW. Would it be OK if my founder actually did all the physical gardening in order to meet the requirements for the other immortal's LTW? I can't see anything in the rules that would forbid this, but I don't want to violate the "spirit" of the challenge either.

No, that's fine. Once your future immortal gets to gardening lvl 7 you could simple pass all the perfect gardening items to them, they could plant them and then you'd be good to go for that wish.

Corcofinde

« Reply #5030 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
A quick question about the wording in the rules: It mentions that the following items are allowed for post-Ambrosia immortals, but also says anything that extends/freezes/reverses aging is not allowed - very specifically. I am planning on having my Generation 5 Supermax logic and create several Young Again potions for the immortals - would that be okay? I wouldn't give it to them until they had eaten Ambrosia as Elders, and they would continue to eat Ambrosia every week as Young Adults after the potion.

Also, is a butler allowed? If so, can we kick them out of the house, or do they have to stay until they die?

I don't know if these have been asked before, but I read through the posts around the dates Late Night and Generations were released and didn't see them answered. I'm sorry if they were brought up later on.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5031 on: June 01, 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
A quick question about the wording in the rules: It mentions that the following items are allowed for post-Ambrosia immortals, but also says anything that extends/freezes/reverses aging is not allowed - very specifically. I am planning on having my Generation 5 Supermax logic and create several Young Again potions for the immortals - would that be okay? I wouldn't give it to them until they had eaten Ambrosia as Elders, and they would continue to eat Ambrosia every week as Young Adults after the potion.

You can only do that when your Dynasty is over. I planned to store 8 Young Again Potions and 8 Age Freeze potions in a chest for when my Dynasty was over, which Metro OK'd. Until Generation 8 eats Ambrosia though, Young Again is not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Corcofinde

« Reply #5032 on: June 01, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »

You can only do that when your Dynasty is over. I planned to store 8 Young Again Potions and 8 Age Freeze potions in a chest for when my Dynasty was over, which Metro OK'd. Until Generation 8 eats Ambrosia though, Young Again is not allowed.

Thank you for the quick response!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5033 on: June 01, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »

Also, is a butler allowed? If so, can we kick them out of the house, or do they have to stay until they die?

I don't know if these have been asked before, but I read through the posts around the dates Late Night and Generations were released and didn't see them answered. I'm sorry if they were brought up later on.

Butlers are fine because they don't actually become a member of your household.  If you start being able to control him because you moved him in, then he can never leave.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5034 on: June 02, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
A quick question about the wording in the rules: It mentions that the following items are allowed for post-Ambrosia immortals, but also says anything that extends/freezes/reverses aging is not allowed - very specifically.

The wording actually says, "the following 4 items" in reference to banned for pre-Ambrosia, and the Young Again/Age Freeze potion falls under #5 (hence the perma-ban).  :)

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5035 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:40 PM »
@Corcofinde

I don't know if you're curious as to why, but earlier the explanation was given that these two potions eliminate the need to feed ambrosia to the immortals every so often. And part of the challenge is not totally forgetting about them post-immortality :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5036 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »
@Corcofinde

I don't know if your curious as to why, but earlier the explanation was given that these two potions eliminate the need to feed ambrosia to the immortals every so often. And part of the challenge is not totally forgetting about them post-immortality :)

That's exactly it.  That's also why you can't use the Young Again potions which were banned right out of the box for Generations.  Part of the challenge is having old people that if you don't pay attention to them they could die and if they die, you've failed the challenge.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

AdnaanA

« Reply #5037 on: June 04, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
Is unlock outfits allowed (unlocking career outfits and things like that with the cheat unlock outfits)

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
« Reply #5038 on: June 04, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
I want to start a dynasty but seriously don't know who my cofounder will be
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5039 on: June 04, 2012, 05:55:40 AM »
Is unlock outfits allowed (unlocking career outfits and things like that with the cheat unlock outfits)

Of course the final ruling is up to Metro but I would say no to this as there is the potential for somebody to cheat. You could unlock the level ten doctor outfit put it on your Sim and claim that you had reached level ten when he was really at level six. I am not saying that anybody would do that but it is the way I feel,part of the challange is maxing ten different careers getting those career outfits are part of that challange.

What does everybody else think.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.