Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250141 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4995 on: May 20, 2012, 11:19:05 AM »
Thanks everyone for all your info and tips! I love this forum! Everybody is so sympathetic towards others to complete their Dynasty as well :)

Putting your Sim in the cooking career won't impact the skill opportunities.  There's a separate slot for anything related to the career.  As long as your Sim has gardening skill, the gardening opportunities will come if you keep the slot open.

I understand what you are saying here Pam, but I meant that my Sim is working on her cooking skill sort of automatically since that is related to her job as a cook. Therefore she gets not only job opportunities but also skill opportunities concerning cooking. But I think I'll just have to keep the slot open as much as I can and hope for the gardening opps to show up.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4996 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
Thanks everyone for all your info and tips! I love this forum! Everybody is so sympathetic towards others to complete their Dynasty as well :)

That is one of the reasons this is the best Sims 3 forum out there.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4997 on: May 20, 2012, 06:59:05 PM »
That is one of the reasons this is the best Sims 3 forum out there.

Rachel
I'll second that!  ;D

Everyone here has either tried one or heard alot about it, and I think that's important to being sympathetic, we know what you have to go through to complete one. I'm on my 5th try so I know for a fact it's not easy!!

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4998 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:44 AM »
I'm also having a problem getting the Master Planter challenge. My founder maxed the gardening skill awhile ago and I still haven’t gotten the uncommonly good opportunity yet. I’ve kept the skill opportunity slot open and only did opportunities for work and celebrity. I need 3 more plants to complete it and I can't travel for awhile since my second generation just became a teenager. My founder is an adult, but will be aging up to elder in 1 day and while I still have time I’m just hoping nothing happens to her in the mean time. She has all her requirements except for her elder portraits and sculpture and supermax skill.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4999 on: May 21, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »
You'll almost certainly have time to travel! The odds of a sim dying of old age before hitting 90 days are almost unspeakably low, and most of the time you'll get between 3 and 5 weeks after the Elder birthday. You've got 2 weeks until the teen ages up to YA, the game clock doesn't run while you travel, and you don't have to wait to harvest the plants, I think it counts when you plant them! So. Don't panic. Take a deep breath. If you get the opportunities it'll be cool and you won't have to travel. If you don't, you've got Plan B.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5000 on: May 21, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
You'll almost certainly have time to travel! The odds of a sim dying of old age before hitting 90 days are almost unspeakably low, and most of the time you'll get between 3 and 5 weeks after the Elder birthday. You've got 2 weeks until the teen ages up to YA, the game clock doesn't run while you travel, and you don't have to wait to harvest the plants, I think it counts when you plant them! So. Don't panic. Take a deep breath. If you get the opportunities it'll be cool and you won't have to travel. If you don't, you've got Plan B.

Thanks, I guess I just got worried since the first two times I maxed gardening before they became elders but then again I also had the 2nd generation earlier so I was able to travel earlier.

Corcofinde

« Reply #5001 on: May 21, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
No problem. I usually start by buying fruits in the grocery store. I plant two of everything I can plant. Because my garden is usually so small and it's hard to master the skill I have my sim reading up until level 7 (when you can plant special seeds). Every spare moment they got I put them in the garden.
When I can harvest I plant the two best of that kind. Untill I get perfect and I leave four perfects in my garden. Then I quickly get the harvest requirements done. It takes a lot of time and mostly they are bad mothers and spouses :P
I hoped that helped. It's not perfect... I know you can get a harvester too, but I don't know how yet. Still trying to figure that out.
Right one thing that helps. When my sims has a really big garden I have a spare help her, let them read up on gardening and do the fertilizing. I guess that's it for tips...

I get the bad apple with all my cooks. They have to grow a bad apple tree with an apple or seed (can't remember which one) and bring the harvest to their workplace.

I usually get he whole uncommonly good chain late, I have all the expansions so I don't need it to supermax. Once I did the first one the second one came in two sims days or something after that. I did do it before and had enough time to complete them. A side note is that I did get the uncommonly good when I already had the skill mastered and a couple of perfect plants. With growing the cheese I had enough time and used lobster as fertilizer. I just planted them as soon as I could and tried to get them as close to perfect as possible while I waited for the new opportunity to show. As you can guess I mostly just had the first sprout :P

(Edith: put in something I forgot)

The harvester is created by an inventor. Sometimes, though, the Consignment Shop has a harvester for sale around $250. My founder, Túrin, bought a harvester and second-best camera at the consignment shop on the first day of gameplay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #5002 on: May 21, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
One of the reasons I have the little nooboo early is because I want to travel to get the seeds required for master planter (talking about founder)

AdnaanA

« Reply #5003 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »
Yay, couple of days ago I had my first immortal. 7 more to go!

AdnaanA

« Reply #5004 on: May 26, 2012, 12:36:31 PM »
And, why can't we have simbots in the household, I am confused! agitated!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5005 on: May 26, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

I'm sorry the rules agitate you so rudely.  Simbots have a different lifespan than regular Sims which is the same reason we can't have vampires or genies.  Plus Simbots are agitating.  A Sim will drop their entire queue to go "Ahh a Simbot!" and keep doing it over and over.   It's worse than a ghost going through a room and this could mean disaster for a dynasty when the house is full and you lose track of someone only for them to learn a skill they're not supposed to!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5006 on: May 26, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »

Because the rules say so.
Why would you want to have a Simbot in the family anyway they cannot reproduce and the other members of the house would probably spend the entire time doing the oh a Simbot thing,which is really irritating. Also I am not sure but I think Simbots have an extended lifespan which is really not helpful in a dynasty and also not allowed.
So having a Simbot that stays in the household is pretty pointless in my opinion.

You can of course have a Simbot either created by an inventor or as a LTR but you must release them into into the wild straight away. That way you at least get one into your town and you never know Story Progression might do what it did in the Dreamweavers and give you a Simbot hybrid.

edit Rica beat me to it.

Rachel

AdnaanA

« Reply #5007 on: May 26, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »
Ok, sorry for bringing the Question up.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5008 on: May 26, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »
Ok, sorry for bringing the Question up.

There is no problem with people asking questions but it is always a good idea to check the rules on the first page before you ask any questions as it may have already been answered or covered in the rules. Of course you are probably not going to look through the entire thread to find an answer to your question but it must have seemed obvious why a Simbot was not allowed.

Rachel

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5009 on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »
Also I am not sure but I think Simbots have an extended lifespan which is really not helpful in a dynasty and also not allowed.
I don't know so much extended lifespan as random. I've had 1 LTR Simbot last 20 days, and his successor lasted five (5!) generations.