Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250298 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4980 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »
Oh really?  Ha, that's good to know, cause it looks like I'm about to fail with this one anyway.  Handiness is maxed, but I still have to repair a lot of stuff for the skill challenges, and nothing wants to break!  Well, the cheap plumbing does, but nothing electrical.  I even go to community lots to check for broken items!

If you've upgraded anything to be unbreakable, be sure to remove that upgrade.  Also, depending on how much money your Sims have, you can just buy more and more items to increase the odds that something will break. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4981 on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:39 AM »
Is it possible to move town halfway through an immortal dynasty if the game keeps being super slow?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4982 on: May 19, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »
Is it possible to move town halfway through an immortal dynasty if the game keeps being super slow?

I have allowed that before due to some bugs a player was experiencing. Are you just having lag or some bugs too? Another option is to temporarily install mods to clean up the town, save your file and then remove the mods before continuing.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4983 on: May 19, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
It's a bit strange how it works, I admit.  The 52% is correct because your game is counting every plant available with all of the expansions you've added.  However, to complete the skill journal challenge, you must have a specific number of plants (19) which also happens to be the number of original plants in the base game.  No matter how many plants are available to you, that challenge only requires 19 plants.

Oh really?  Ha, that's good to know, cause it looks like I'm about to fail with this one anyway.  Handiness is maxed, but I still have to repair a lot of stuff for the skill challenges, and nothing wants to break!  Well, the cheap plumbing does, but nothing electrical.  I even go to community lots to check for broken items!

Ok, thanks for that info! I also was kinda worried since I also have only about 50% of the plants.
I checked the Guide and I just miss the omniplant and some weird plants like the burger, chees, egg and steak plant. But I read I have to get opportunities for those... I am not getting any... I only got a message in the right top corner of my screen saying that the omniplant was available, but I never got it.
Am I missing something here? Does anybody have a tip for me please?

I used gardening as supermax in everyone of my tries and it worked out really well for me. I had it supermaxed before I knew it and I was really surprised. The only thing I couldn't get to work was Gardening as a career it cost me two dynasties... Well good luck and the guide help me out a lot too!

Thank you Sunnysabjes! Maybe you have a tip for me?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4984 on: May 19, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
But I read I have to get opportunities for those... I am not getting any... I only got a message in the right top corner of my screen saying that the omniplant was available, but I never got it.

It comes in as a skill opportunity, so make sure your skill slot is available.  If you've got an opportunity going for another skill, you won't be able to get it.  It's actually a string of opportunities.  The first one completed will let you grow cheese and eggs.  The second one will let you grow steak and burgers.  The third will get you the Omni Plant (you'll find the seeds in your Sim's personal inventory).  Also, be sure to grow and improve cheese and steak because that's what's needed for the second and third opportunities.  I think it's 10 excellent cheeses and 10 outstanding steaks.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4985 on: May 19, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
It comes in as a skill opportunity, so make sure your skill slot is available.  If you've got an opportunity going for another skill, you won't be able to get it.  It's actually a string of opportunities.  The first one completed will let you grow cheese and eggs.  The second one will let you grow steak and burgers.  The third will get you the Omni Plant (you'll find the seeds in your Sim's personal inventory).  Also, be sure to grow and improve cheese and steak because that's what's needed for the second and third opportunities.  I think it's 10 excellent cheeses and 10 outstanding steaks.

Thank you for your quick reply Pam. I keep the skill slot open as much as I can. I only accept opportunities I can complete quickly. Or shouldn't I do that either?
Is there maybe also some plant you need to have perfected before you get the first opportunity? I have perfected many plants, but not all of them yet.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4986 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply Pam. I keep the skill slot open as much as I can. I only accept opportunities I can complete quickly. Or shouldn't I do that either?
Is there maybe also some plant you need to have perfected before you get the first opportunity? I have perfected many plants, but not all of them yet.

I can't remember but it might start with a Bad Apple opportunity - or that could be a different one or something. The opportunities start appearing when you reach the skill level required to plant the plants is met. So mostly high levels but I think that's how they work.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4987 on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »
The Bad Apple opportunity isn't related. The chain here starts with "Uncommonly Excellent", which will ask you to bring 20 "Excellent" harvestables to the restaurant, and gives you the ability to plant cheese and eggs when you complete it. After that, you'll get "Outstandingly Rare", which asks you to bring Excellent cheese in, and gives the ability to plant steaks and burgers. The last one is "The Omnificent Plant", which asks you to bring in steaks, and gives the ability to plant the Omniplant. It's not a true "chain" like some adventures where you get the new opportunity as soon as you complete the old one - each will be a separate phone call. The only thing you need to unlock them is Gardening skill, and of course having done the previous step in the chain.

There's a guide page on this here.

If you're playing a total vanilla game or Ambitions is your only expansion pack, you'll need to do the whole chain to supermax gardening. If you have WA and the ability to travel, you shouldn't need this chain at all - go to France and harvest everything in sight, and you'll be golden. If you don't have it or can't travel yet, you'll need to do at least one of the opportunities; I think if you have Late Night (adds plasma fruit), Pets (adds carrots), and Showtime (adds bananas) you'll have to do at least Uncommonly Excellent and if you've only got one or two of those three expansions you'll have to do Outstandingly Rare.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4988 on: May 19, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
I have allowed that before due to some bugs a player was experiencing. Are you just having lag or some bugs too? Another option is to temporarily install mods to clean up the town, save your file and then remove the mods before continuing.

It's just really slow, I think it's because of the amount of people in my household (8sims 1 pet) I think I'll keep playing untill some of them die and see if the game speeds up then, I don't want to risk with mods just yet.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4989 on: May 19, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
It's just really slow, I think it's because of the amount of people in my household (8sims 1 pet) I think I'll keep playing untill some of them die and see if the game speeds up then, I don't want to risk with mods just yet.

It's fairly common for Immortal Dynasty files to get slow as you work through the challenge.  It's just a lot for your computer to handle with the always expanding house, furnishings, and such.  Have you checked the Technical Help board to see if there's anything that might help? 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4990 on: May 19, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
It's fairly common for Immortal Dynasty files to get slow as you work through the challenge.  It's just a lot for your computer to handle with the always expanding house, furnishings, and such.  Have you checked the Technical Help board to see if there's anything that might help? 
Yes, and I know it gets slow after a few (In game) weeks of gameplay.
Like when I did a factory reset it was amazingly fast but now I'm 4 weeks into my Immortal Dynasty with 3 other save files, one of which is 12 weeks through gameplay. So I guess I'll just try and learn to live with it untill I buy more computer RAM.  ::)

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4991 on: May 19, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
Thanks for your help Thomas and Cathyknits for your very detailed answer! Absolutely great, just what I needed to know :)
If I remember correctly I think I have the Uncommonly Excellent opportunity now. I'll check in my game! (I hope I didn't fail that one... will it come again?)
I think the problem for me also is that I gave my Sim the cooking carreer, so she is getting almost only cooking skill opportunities...
But I'll hang in there and hope she'll make it in time! ;)

Edit: btw, I have all expansion packs except Showtime, so if I understand you correctly or I have to do the Outstandingly Rare Opp or I have to wait until my 2nd gen is YA (baby now...) and travel.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4992 on: May 19, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
Thanks for your help Thomas and Cathyknits for your very detailed answer! Absolutely great, just what I needed to know :)
If I remember correctly I think I have the Uncommonly Excellent opportunity now. I'll check in my game! (I hope I didn't fail that one... will it come again?)
I think the problem for me also is that I gave my Sim the cooking carreer, so she is getting almost only cooking skill opportunities...
But I'll hang in there and hope she'll make it in time! ;)

Edit: btw, I have all expansion packs except Showtime, so if I understand you correctly or I have to do the Outstandingly Rare Opp or I have to wait until my 2nd gen is YA (baby now...) and travel.

You can't really fail at these particular opportunities.  You have unlimited time to do them, so it's just a matter of working the garden and getting it to produce the required items.

Putting your Sim in the cooking career won't impact the skill opportunities.  There's a separate slot for anything related to the career.  As long as your Sim has gardening skill, the gardening opportunities will come if you keep the slot open.

If you've got expansion packs installed, you have more kinds of items to plant.  We got carrots with Pets and plasma fruit with Late Night.  Both can be purchased at the grocery store and plasma fruit seeds can be found where special seeds spawn.  They will have a red glow to them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4993 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
Thank you Sunnysabjes! Maybe you have a tip for me?

No problem. I usually start by buying fruits in the grocery store. I plant two of everything I can plant. Because my garden is usually so small and it's hard to master the skill I have my sim reading up until level 7 (when you can plant special seeds). Every spare moment they got I put them in the garden.
When I can harvest I plant the two best of that kind. Untill I get perfect and I leave four perfects in my garden. Then I quickly get the harvest requirements done. It takes a lot of time and mostly they are bad mothers and spouses :P
I hoped that helped. It's not perfect... I know you can get a harvester too, but I don't know how yet. Still trying to figure that out.
Right one thing that helps. When my sims has a really big garden I have a spare help her, let them read up on gardening and do the fertilizing. I guess that's it for tips...

I can't remember but it might start with a Bad Apple opportunity - or that could be a different one or something. The opportunities start appearing when you reach the skill level required to plant the plants is met. So mostly high levels but I think that's how they work.

I get the bad apple with all my cooks. They have to grow a bad apple tree with an apple or seed (can't remember which one) and bring the harvest to their workplace.

I usually get he whole uncommonly good chain late, I have all the expansions so I don't need it to supermax. Once I did the first one the second one came in two sims days or something after that. I did do it before and had enough time to complete them. A side note is that I did get the uncommonly good when I already had the skill mastered and a couple of perfect plants. With growing the cheese I had enough time and used lobster as fertilizer. I just planted them as soon as I could and tried to get them as close to perfect as possible while I waited for the new opportunity to show. As you can guess I mostly just had the first sprout :P

(Edith: put in something I forgot)

AdnaanA

« Reply #4994 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
My Dylan Cruise got the uncommonly good a few days after he became immortal!

anything