Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250297 times)

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4950 on: May 15, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
I've had it multiple times on one game, with one family. It has paid the bills fine that way - I'm pretty sure I'm right anyway.

So have I. It's how I pay the bills in my games. With the few exceptions of when I accidentally delete the message instead of clicking on Pay Bills Now.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4951 on: May 16, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

You're not required to have all the Expansion Packs to play this challenge.  It was written so that it could be played even with just the base game.  The only thing is that you'll not be able to use the benefits of World Adventures, like the grapes, the foreign fish, the nectar making/martial arts skills and Lifetime Wishes, etc.  There will be plenty of other skills and items available to fulfill the Dynasty requirements, though.  You should be fine.  Good luck!
Is this because they didn't have it to begin with? I thought you could use the skills of all EP's.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4952 on: May 16, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
Is this because they didn't have it to begin with? I thought you could use the skills of all EP's.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but what Pam means is that a player can play this with only the Base Game installed. I think that this was written when Ambitions was released, and alterations have been made since then.
And if a player decides to buy a new EP during the challenge, they can install it if they want to.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4953 on: May 16, 2012, 01:45:18 AM »

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4954 on: May 16, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I'm sorry, I'll try to write it better. If you get a EP after you start, can you use the skills from that EP. Or are they out because you started before the EP was installed?
Edit: Also I was wondering can you marry a Sim who is pregnant, I've never seen that question so please forgive me if it's already been answered.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4955 on: May 16, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »
I'm sorry, I'll try to write it better. If you get a EP after you start, can you use the skills from that EP. Or are they out because you started before the EP was installed?
Edit: Also I was wondering can you marry a Sim who is pregnant, I've never seen that question so please forgive me if it's already been answered.

Ok, I understand now.  You're free to use the skills and careers of any Expansion Pack that you install, even after you start the challenge.

You can marry a pregnant Sim, but that baby cannot be the heir and he/she has to remain in the house until a natural death.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4956 on: May 17, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just missed a bill.  I had to start over anyway, because I had chosen gardening as his max skill without realizing I would have to go and get the new plants WA added to the game.  Everything is going well, except for one thing.  I have gotten a few random deposits of simoleons into my household funds.  I have no mods installed, and there is never a message that tells me why I'm getting the money.  My founder doesn't have his properties yet, so that's not it.  One deposit was over 19,000!  It's bugging me, not knowing why it's happening.  It feels like a cheat, or a rule break, but I have done nothing to make it happen.  Anyone have any clue what this is, and do I have to start over again because of it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4957 on: May 17, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
Everything is going well, except for one thing.  I have gotten a few random deposits of simoleons into my household funds.  I have no mods installed, and there is never a message that tells me why I'm getting the money.  My founder doesn't have his properties yet, so that's not it.  One deposit was over 19,000!  It's bugging me, not knowing why it's happening.  It feels like a cheat, or a rule break, but I have done nothing to make it happen.  Anyone have any clue what this is, and do I have to start over again because of it?

No you do not. This has been reported from other players as well. It's one of those random things apparently.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4958 on: May 17, 2012, 06:56:45 AM »
Everything is going well, except for one thing.  I have gotten a few random deposits of simoleons into my household funds.  I have no mods installed, and there is never a message that tells me why I'm getting the money.  My founder doesn't have his properties yet, so that's not it.  One deposit was over 19,000!  It's bugging me, not knowing why it's happening.  It feels like a cheat, or a rule break, but I have done nothing to make it happen.  Anyone have any clue what this is, and do I have to start over again because of it?
No you do not. This has been reported from other players as well. It's one of those random things apparently.

That's good! I'm glad about that, because it happened to me too... I was afraid I done something wrong... Good to know I can just keep going!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4959 on: May 17, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just missed a bill.  I had to start over anyway, because I had chosen gardening as his max skill without realizing I would have to go and get the new plants WA added to the game. 

The World Adventures plants are not required in order to SuperMax gardening.  It can be done with the plants that are found in the base game.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4960 on: May 17, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »
The World Adventures plants are not required in order to SuperMax gardening.  It can be done with the plants that are found in the base game.

Also not if you do have WA installed? Since you're not allowed to travel before the 2nd gen is YA.
I was wondering about this too, since I have about 50% of the plants and I am really not sure how to get the rest.

Or is it the same as with fishing? You really don't need the ones from WA, even if you have that installed.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4961 on: May 17, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
You only need the same number as the base game. So you can mix and match. It is possible to have them for the founder if you have the second gen early enough. Try the Gardening Guide for a full list.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4962 on: May 17, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »
The challenges in the skill journals were written for the base game and they haven't been changed.  If you use Expansion Packs, you have more choices to make it a little easier, but the base game is still all that's required.  For gardening, that simply means you have to grow all of the plants that are available in Sunset Valley, including Money Trees, Life Fruit, Flame Fruit, and Deathflower.  The same goes for fishing.  The base game is all that's required to fulfill the journal challenges so that the skill is SuperMaxed.

Here's a link to the Skills Guide that samoht04 mentioned.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4963 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »
Thank you very much for your answers Thomas and Pam! I am somewhat reassured now and I'll check out the Guide you've mentioned. :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4964 on: May 17, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
Thank you very much for your answers Thomas and Pam! I am somewhat reassured now and I'll check out the Guide you've mentioned. :)

I used gardening as supermax in everyone of my tries and it worked out really well for me. I had it supermaxed before I knew it and I was really surprised. The only thing I couldn't get to work was Gardening as a career it cost me two dynasties... Well good luck and the guide help me out a lot too!

anything