Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248808 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4935 on: May 13, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
I already said that it does not affect relationship just four posts above your last post,you really need to start reading what people are putting.

So just to clarify nothing is affected by moving the family to the clipboard and back again. Relationships stay the same,skill points stay the same careers are the same aging is not affected. The family stays exactly the same.

Rachel

Rachel is right. All relationships stay the same. Even when you move someone out, they keep their relationships. You only loose relationships if you move sims to a completely different neighborhood. The only thing they probably will loose are their promised wishes, but that's no biggie I think. They'll get similar wishes again, if not the same. Don't worry about it. Just try it and if it went wrong, you can always go back to your previous save, right?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4936 on: May 13, 2012, 10:31:06 PM »
I've never done this challenge before, but I have a couple questions. If you can't do the
Oh My Ghost opportunity, then how could you have ghosts in the household? Also if a Sim on the swap shop has skills, does that matter?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4937 on: May 13, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »
I've never done this challenge before, but I have a couple questions. If you can't do the
Oh My Ghost opportunity, then how could you have ghosts in the household? Also if a Sim on the swap shop has skills, does that matter?

Ghosts could join the household if your Sim is able to befriend one at the cemetery and invite it to come live in the house.  Any Sim in the Swap Shop will be just a shell with no skills.  The traits and Lifetime Wish will appear, but they can be changed while in Create-A-Sim.  The only exception would be Sims that are part of a household on the Swap Shop, but they wouldn't be allowed for this challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4938 on: May 14, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
Ghosts could join the household if your Sim is able to befriend one at the cemetery and invite it to come live in the house.  Any Sim in the Swap Shop will be just a shell with no skills.  The traits and Lifetime Wish will appear, but they can be changed while in Create-A-Sim.  The only exception would be Sims that are part of a household on the Swap Shop, but they wouldn't be allowed for this challenge.
I didn't think that was even possible to ask them to move in if they where in the cemetery. I thought the only way to get a ghost into a house was the Oh My Ghost opportunity. I've never heard of just asking them, learn something new everyday as they say lol.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4939 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:23 AM »
I didn't think that was even possible to ask them to move in if they where in the cemetery. I thought the only way to get a ghost into a house was the Oh My Ghost opportunity. I've never heard of just asking them, learn something new everyday as they say lol.

It's not impossible, but it's very, very difficult to get a ghost moved in.  If you can manage to meet one and talk to it, once you get to the level of being a friend, you should have the option to invite the ghost to move in...  just like with a regular Sim.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4940 on: May 15, 2012, 02:01:57 AM »
I have a question about a possible glitch in my dynasty game.  I bought the No Bills Ever LTR on my founder as one of his unique rewards, yet the Repo Man still came and took some of his stuff.  I don't know if I missed a bill, or if it is a true glitch.  My question is this: If he comes again, can/how do I get rid of him or keep him from coming at all?  Is there a cheat I can enter to stop him?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4941 on: May 15, 2012, 02:04:59 AM »
You will never see him again. Basically, the glitch is most likely caused by the following scenario.

You bought the LTR, however, your Sim was either in the process of having bills delivered (the bills are en route) or the bills were in the mailbox. The LTR does not cancel your current bills.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4942 on: May 15, 2012, 06:08:50 AM »
Actually, in my game that LTR did cancel my current bill.
However, that was a bill that was still green or orange (still in the mailbox), so maybe that matters. Maybe if you had an outstanding red bill which you should have paid much earlier, the Repo Man was already on his way.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4943 on: May 15, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
It's also possible for the LTR to not function if you sent the founder on one of those Free Vacation! opportunities.

I've done that (and then found out about an aging glitch!), and had the bills pile up while the adults were gone. So I had the teen pay them,  just to be safe.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4944 on: May 15, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
That makes sense, since the sim with the LTR is away from home. I didn't know that, but I have always wondered about that actually.
The Free Vacation opportunity is something I always decline by the way, ever since it gave me the Green Box bug...

AdnaanA

« Reply #4945 on: May 15, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
That makes sense, since the sim with the LTR is away from home. I didn't know that, but I have always wondered about that actually.
The Free Vacation opportunity is something I always decline by the way, ever since it gave me the Green Box bug...
Same here, but I always have a backup save in handy

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #4946 on: May 15, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
If you haven't many items on your lot, move them into storage until repoman(or woman) is gone  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4947 on: May 15, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
I have a question about a possible glitch in my dynasty game.  I bought the No Bills Ever LTR on my founder as one of his unique rewards, yet the Repo Man still came and took some of his stuff.  I don't know if I missed a bill, or if it is a true glitch.  My question is this: If he comes again, can/how do I get rid of him or keep him from coming at all?  Is there a cheat I can enter to stop him?

It's likely that it happened as Seabody described.  The No Bills Ever Lifetime Reward doesn't always cancel the current bills.  You should be fine from here forward.  However, for future reference, there is no cheat that can be used and if there was, it wouldn't be allowed in this challenge.  The best way to keep the Repo Man away is to just pay your bills.  If you miss them in the mailbox, the game will give you a notification that they are due and you can pay them with one click.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #4948 on: May 15, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
It's likely that it happened as Seabody described.  The No Bills Ever Lifetime Reward doesn't always cancel the current bills.  You should be fine from here forward.  However, for future reference, there is no cheat that can be used and if there was, it wouldn't be allowed in this challenge.  The best way to keep the Repo Man away is to just pay your bills.  If you miss them in the mailbox, the game will give you a notification that they are due and you can pay them with one click.

Paying bills with one click only works for the first time the payment is late. You have to watch for the bills after that.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4949 on: May 15, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
I've had it multiple times on one game, with one family. It has paid the bills fine that way - I'm pretty sure I'm right anyway.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]