Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250488 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4890 on: May 10, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
Can i break another sim/immoral up with someone before i marry them or can i only marry single sims.

There's nothing in the rules that specifies the spouses have to start out single.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4891 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
There's nothing in the rules that specifies the spouses have to start out single.

Thank You. Just want to make sure I do everything right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4892 on: May 10, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
odie- I met how would you post a picture on the forum at the end of your dynasty (see guidlines for the challenge)

Where you have all 8 Immortals sitting around or doing whatever? I would think probably the easiest way is to turn off Free Will, and sit them down, then take screen shots.

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4893 on: May 10, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
Where you have all 8 Immortals sitting around or doing whatever? I would think probably the easiest way is to turn off Free Will, and sit them down, then take screen shots.

In the guidelines it said to remember to post a picutre of the 8 generations and the museum nearby.

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4894 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
I am a week in on the game (sim-time). I married Geoffry Landgrabb. Made him break up with Nancy haha. It was funny. Oh-no. I was aloud to marry someone that had kids with someone else, right? If not oh-well i will have to start over.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4895 on: May 10, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I am a week in on the game (sim-time). I married Geoffry Landgrabb. Made him break up with Nancy haha. It was funny. Oh-no. I was aloud to marry someone that had kids with someone else, right? If not oh-well i will have to start over.

You're fine.  That's not a problem for the Immortal Dynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4896 on: May 11, 2012, 01:30:24 AM »
I hate computer repairers IRL.

My dynasty related question is this ... can something like the 'Sim Clone'/Imaginary Friend be used as a mortal helper? In the case of the clone, can you do something like change their clothes in order to distinguish between them and the immortal they are the clone of?

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4897 on: May 11, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »
Is it acceptable to create any type of sculpture for the immortal museum? Or just ice.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4898 on: May 11, 2012, 02:46:05 AM »
Is it acceptable to create any type of sculpture for the immortal museum? Or just ice.

You can only physically make an Ice Sculpture of a Sim. So only Ice is allowed. ;) You can put other sculptures in there, but they cannot be added to the Value of the Museum. Only Photos, Paintings and Ice Sculptures can.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4899 on: May 11, 2012, 05:00:23 AM »
In the guidelines it said to remember to post a picutre of the 8 generations and the museum nearby.

Ah, you mean on the forum. Just upload it to the web, and link it into a post - there's an clickable icon available that provides the option to insert image.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4900 on: May 11, 2012, 06:43:13 AM »
I hate computer repairers IRL.

My dynasty related question is this ... can something like the 'Sim Clone'/Imaginary Friend be used as a mortal helper? In the case of the clone, can you do something like change their clothes in order to distinguish between them and the immortal they are the clone of?

Dek

I think you can:

• Vampires, mummies, SimBots, and Genies are not allowed in your household, but anyone else may be a household member including Imaginary Friends, ghosts, and pets.

Clones are not specifically mentioned, but I assume that they fall in the category "anyone else" ;). You can change clothes on any sim, so why not on a clone. Just remember that they cannot be moved out or killed.

Btw I am still getting used to all the abbreviations in forums, irl = in real life? Doesn't he come to fix your computer? I would think that is a good thing ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4901 on: May 11, 2012, 07:21:05 AM »
My understanding about clone vouchers is that they are ok as long as they don't break up the immortal bloodline, which means a clone can never be an heir/immortal. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4902 on: May 11, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »
You can only physically make an Ice Sculpture of a Sim. So only Ice is allowed. ;) You can put other sculptures in there, but they cannot be added to the Value of the Museum. Only Photos, Paintings and Ice Sculptures can.

Oh right! I forgot about the fact that only ice sculptures are able to make sims. Hmmm, I guess I'll try and get that challenge done so my heir can have ice sculptures once they are a child or teen. I guess my founder won't be having any then! (Founder=Sculptor)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #4903 on: May 11, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
I think you can:

Clones are not specifically mentioned, but I assume that they fall in the category "anyone else" ;). You can change clothes on any sim, so why not on a clone. Just remember that they cannot be moved out or killed.

Ok ... that's what I assumed as well ... and thanks for that reminder.

Btw I am still getting used to all the abbreviations in forums, irl = in real life? Doesn't he come to fix your computer? I would think that is a good thing ;)

Yep, irl - in real life. Yes, that's the basic idea ... however this one told me the problem was the hard drive on my machine so I authorised him to do a check on that ... and only that. ($35)

The next day he contacted me and told me that it wasn't the hard drive, and so he had done a scan on the entire hardware of the computer. ($115 - he did that off his own bat, without authority from me.) That had revealed the problem to be the power supply. That was going to be another $99 and that would solve the problem. I told him to go ahead and do that, provided it would solve the issue.

He contacted me back the next morning and surprise surprise, that didn't fix the problem, the computer wasn't loading properly still, apart from in Safe mode, and he had decided to run a virus scan on it ($220 - without asking me again for authority to do so). He claimed that picked up several Trojans and that it would need a complete scan on it to remove them. I felt at this stage that i was being taken for a ride ... as this was almost at the stage that I could get a new tower to go with the new monitor I got from them about a month ago. So I got advice from someone, who agreed with my assessment and suggest I tell him to stop the virus scan, and put in my original power supply and that I'd be down to collect it, on the basis that the replaced power supply was put in on his advice, and it didn't end up being the issue and that in reality the authority he was given to do was the initial $35.00 scan. I also asked the repairer what assurances he could give me that it was these viruses and that on removal of them that the system would be working. He said that he couldn't give that assurance to me. I told him it just seemed to me that it was all getting bigger and better and more expensive at every stage of the process, and that I wanted him to remove the new power supply, put in the old one and I'd be down to collect it and pay the $35.00 for the scan I did authorise.

He agreed to do that and when I collected it, he said that the virus scan showed the viruses weren't actually there. In any case, I've got a new place to go to ... I hope they listen to instructions a bit better than that first place. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #4904 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
My understanding about clone vouchers is that they are ok as long as they don't break up the immortal bloodline, which means a clone can never be an heir/immortal.

My intention wouldn't be to give it the ambrosia and so forth, but rather to let it live a full life as a mortal and in time be taken away by Death. I would probably wait until after the parent immortal gives birth to their heir to make sure there is no chance of that happening.

anything