Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250666 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4875 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:29 AM »
I am almost one hundred pages in and appreciating many of the questions and strategies, but I have not seen an answer to this:

Will it be more valuable in the long run to A) Have a less skilled, but mortal, sim do the painting, ice sculpture, and photograph or B) Have an immortal who has completed all of the value-increasing challenges do the painting, etc etc? Basically it comes down to the appreciation values: is deceased worth more than "photohog" or whatever the sculpture one is.

Currently my 1st generation is holding Anges and Holly captive as "resident artists", but I'm not looking forward to training new ones every generation.

Thank you for any advice!

If you have an Immortal Painter early on in the generations, i.e. your Founder. By the time you reach say Generation Five it probably won't be worth having a Mortal do it because the bonus from the death value might be roughly equal to the amount the Immortal earns per painting from the sheer number of them - I'm no expert on this though.

For photography it's probably best to stick with an Immortal. My second Gen Heir is going to max it alongside her Supermax of Cooking. That way she can complete the various challenges for it as well, that and it will take me several generations to supermax photography!

I've been using this time to read through the Lifetime Wants and Rewards and am putting together an idea of how I'm attacking this Dynasty. The biggest change I'll have to make is exactly when I get my founding sim married, in order to get his portrait done before he becomes a full adult, and so that his partner's painting skill is up nice and high.

You don't have to get the spouse to move in, you could get another sim to move in that will help out. Many Dynasties have a helper/slave Mortal who isn't a spouse. That way if you don't see any potential spouses you like you don't have to pick one and can wait a little while. It's best to have another sim move in as soon as possible to get that painting done.

EDIT: My Dynasty Spouse is glitched in that a Singing Job she has never completed and I had to reset her because she was on that stage performing for four hours after it finished and was unable to cancel it. Now the thing still says she hasn't completed, anyone know how to fix this, I've tried reseting her but it didn't fix the uncompleted Performance which stays open all the time.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4876 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
Woohoo, my dynasty is complete!
Now I just got to add up the museum value.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4877 on: May 10, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »

Grats!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #4878 on: May 10, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

For photography it's probably best to stick with an Immortal. My second Gen Heir is going to max it alongside her Supermax of Cooking. That way she can complete the various challenges for it as well, that and it will take me several generations to supermax photography!

I think it is the other way around, photographs don't increase the value until the Sim who took them dies. I'm leaving mortal Sims taking photographs, while immortals are doing the painting and sculpting (and I keep them busy to increase the value of portraits and sculptures).

Congratulation Margerita!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4879 on: May 10, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
I think it is the other way around, photographs don't increase the value until the Sim who took them dies. I'm leaving mortal Sims taking photographs, while immortals are doing the painting and sculpting (and I keep them busy to increase the value of portraits and sculptures).
You can still have an immortal learn and super max it since not all immortals will have a mortal available for picture taking.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4880 on: May 10, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
I'm not that bothered on the value - I'm mainly doing it because they are clearer than the Portraits and have a more relaxed picture subject. If that makes sense? I mean you can really capture the personality of the Sim whereas a Portrait is often just "Oh quick! There's no thought bubble and he's looking relatively happy!"  8)

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4881 on: May 10, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
Hi I'm new. I can't wait to do this challnge and I think this challenge is great. Is it too late to start. I know you said no starting or ending dates but..... I seem a little late anyway. Well I am going to get started.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4882 on: May 10, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »
Hi I'm new. I can't wait to do this challnge and i think this challenge is great. Is it to late to start. I know you said no starting or ending dates but..... I seem alittle late anyway. Well i am going to get started.

You can start whenever you want and end whenever you complete it. Welcome to the forum!  :) Hope you enjoy the Dynasty challenge, it's a challenge with no time restraints at all so take all the time you need!  ;)

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4883 on: May 10, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
I think it was mentioned but i am still not clear. Can an immortal and a nonimmortal have level 10 on the same skill but because the nonimmoral is a nonimmortal the immortal can eat ambrosia? (considering they have all other requirements completed)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4884 on: May 10, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
I think it was mentioned but i am still not clear. Can an immortal and a nonimmortal have level 10 on the same skill but because the nonimmoral is a nonimmortal the immortal can eat ambrosia? (considering they have all other requirements completed)

Mortals have no restrictions on their skills or anything else.  They can do whatever they want.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4885 on: May 10, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
How would you do the picture at the end of the dynasty. I dont have a origin acount if that makes a difference. I am not a super expirienced simmer either so step by step instructions would also be great. Thank You!

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4886 on: May 10, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Can a immortal marry a celebirty if you have late night added? Of course i would move them in.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4887 on: May 10, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »

Wow, congratulations!!
I am just curious if you don't mind me asking... how long did it take you and how many times did you have to start over?

@Simmer4ever
Welcome to the forum! :)
I don't exactly understand your first question about the picture at the end, but I am having a hard time completing anyway lol
Of course your immortal can marry a celebrity. It might take some extra effort to build a relation ship though, especially when it is a celebrity with many stars.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4888 on: May 10, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
odie- I met how would you post a picture on the forum at the end of your dynasty (see guidlines for the challenge)

Simmer4ever

« Reply #4889 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
Can I break another sim/immoral up with someone before I marry them or can I only marry single sims.

anything