Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250652 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4800 on: May 01, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
Thanks, Rachel! I don't know if I'd have time to practise. I get two hours a day of playtime and even that is a squeeze for my weekly two chapters for each story. (Hence why my dynasty hasn't been updated at all for a while and the Dreamers missed a chapter last week) I rarely get to play the entire two hours and go most days without any gametime at all anyway. I might find the time before gen 6. The symphony branch sounds good but I already had a logic sim, gen 7. (May be 5 depending on some other stuff) Hmm..

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4801 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »
I plan on having him supermax an instrument, I wanted to do something a bit different and go for Bass. Obviously, skill challenge is still the same. His LTW will probably be One Sim Band, but bass would be the supermax.. Do you think it's a risk not worth taking to supermax an instrument? I'm referring to the "Guitar Star" skill challenge. Instruments would be his only skills, but he might, for this reason, not get enough bass opps because he has those other skills? Or are all instrument opps the same - Do they all count towards the challenge even if it's not bass?

I supermaxed Guitar with gen 6, and it's definitely achieveable. I'm not sure I'd want to do One Sim Band with it though. The way Adlais got her opps was by having no other skills and the work and special opps slots filled with ones she wasn't allowed to complete, so the only opps coming through for her had to be guitar. Even then it took me until the day of her elder birthday to get all ten. One Sim Band would make it too difficult with all the extra skills, I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4802 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Thanks Ariana. Hmm.. I may just make it guitar, then.. Do band opps fall into the guitar star category? If so, I'd get him to join a band and his LTW can be the rock star one so I don't need other skills.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4803 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
Thanks Ariana. Hmm.. I may just make it guitar, then.. Do band opps fall into the guitar star category?

No. The Band gigs and guitar opportunities are two separate animals.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4804 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
No. The Band gigs and guitar opportunities are two separate animals.

Ok, thanks Metro. :) I've never played a band, so I didn't know if they came up as opps or not. I'll make gen 6 a rockstar then, thanks for the help everyone!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4805 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
Simple question...is the Library considered a building or a property?

Special Note:
     I have discovered that if you move in a butler, they have cooking and handiness maxed.  They also are usually family oriented and neat and make good spouses.  They seem to be YA if you move  them in right away.  My butler was just 2 days older than my founder.  She married him and they had twins...surprise!  (His favorite music was Kids and it was playing all the time because he was learning painting and sculpting.)

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4806 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »
Is an immortal who is not supermaxing athletics skill allowed to do the marathon challenge before ambrosia?  It isn't mentioned in the rules but it is kind of a borderline thing in the same vein as the life-fruit etc. so I figured I'd ask

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4807 on: May 01, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »
I wouldn't consider relying on the marathon challenge as a solid strategy to try and get extra life.  I've had marathon runners die on their 90th day so it's not guaranteed to extend life.  And then all that time spent trying to get the 75 hours needed for it could have been used on a skill or something else that was needed to get to ambrosia quicker.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4808 on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »
I just gave this information to another member and thought I would share it with you guys.  I have a breakdown of every skill and what careers use these as metrics or as a major part of that career.  I included the self-employment careers as part of it. 

There are four careers that don't actually require a skill - Business, Daycare, Singing and Magic(ian).

Athletic - acrobat, criminal x 2, firefighter, military, special agent, sports
Charisma - actor, education, journalism, politics
Cooking - culinary
Fishing - science, fisherman
Gardening - science, gardener
Handiness - firefighter, military, science
Instrument - music x 2
Logic - criminal (evil), education, ghost hunter, law enforcement x 2, medical, music (symphonic), private eye
Nectar Making - nectar maker
Painting - architect, forensic analyst, painter, stylist
Photography - photographer
Riding - horseman
Sculptor - sculpting
Writing - director, journalism, writer
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4809 on: May 02, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
Simple question...is the Library considered a building or a property?

The rabbit hole structures that you cannot upgrade — i.e. Spa, Science Center, Stadium — those are buildings. But, things you CAN upgrade — i.e. parks and other places like the library, are considered properties.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4810 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
Thanks Metro.  That was my assumption but I wanted to make sure.  :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4811 on: May 02, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
If you click on real estate on the computer it will tell you if it is a building or property.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline lila711

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4812 on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
Hello :)
My founder has the culinary librarian ltw. She just completed it...at lvl 6 in cooking.
That seems a bit unfair doesn't it? Is it because of all the tofu recipes she automatically learns?
You'd think that learning all the recipes would actually involve learning, well, ALL the recipes???
I'm just really confused and I feel like I just cheated by having such an easy ltw...

Nora

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4813 on: May 02, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »
The recipes lifetime want sticks at the original amount of recipes from the basegame - around 28 I think. So with EPs etc you have access to more recipes but the number required takes the original 28-ish.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4814 on: May 03, 2012, 02:27:23 AM »
Seabody, the only thing you can do with SimPort is perform. The Sims in your dynasty could go see someone who came through Simport, but that's all.

I just want to make sure I am reading this correctly. Looking in my SimPort tour book, there is a request from Ausette for her Sim to perform in my Coffeehouse. Am I allowed to have her Sim Simport into my Dynasty so that I can see her perform?