Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250738 times)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4785 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
Build cheats such as moveobjects and placeFriezes are fine whenever needed.

I need to press further on this rule. I plan on supermaxing inventing in my current dynasty attempt, does this mean that I'm allowed to buy 100 chairs, use moveobjects to put them all in the same square, and blow them all up at once or is my third generation going to have to blow up half of Sunset Valley?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4786 on: April 29, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »
Why do you need to put the chairs in the same spot?

(If it's for the scrap thing, you can go to the military base and blow up the plane!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4787 on: April 29, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
Why do you need to put the chairs in the same spot?

(If it's for the scrap thing, you can go to the military base and blow up the plane!)

There's one challenge where you have to detonate 100 objects. This is why I'm asking about moveobjects.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4788 on: April 30, 2012, 03:13:53 AM »
Ah.

I can't see why it would be permitted, since I suspect it would be considered an advantage over anyone who had to do it the long way (one explosion vs one hundred), but it's a good question.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4789 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:41 AM »
I need to press further on this rule. I plan on supermaxing inventing in my current dynasty attempt, does this mean that I'm allowed to buy 100 chairs, use moveobjects to put them all in the same square, and blow them all up at once or is my third generation going to have to blow up half of Sunset Valley?

No, that's not an appropriate use for MoveObjects. 

It happens (a lot to me ;) )  My normal big mistake is with the portraits but I had that down.  I had some sweet properties purchased and fully upgraded (hospital & Art Gallery in Union Cove)  Tons of cash on hand.

I've got some pieces of advice I'd like to share with you. 

1.  Have the LTW, career, and SuperMax skill of the founder all intertwined.  For example, cooking/gardening/fishing for career, same for SuperMax skill.  Good LTWs would be Perfect Garden, Perfect Aquarium, and Culinary Librarian.  My founder had gardening for her career and SuperMax skill, and her LTW was Culinary Librarian.  Here's a link to my spreadsheet for all eight generations if you'd like to take a look.

2.  Buy the least expensive property and building first.  I bought them in order from lowest to highest.  That puts less pressure on the first generation finances.

3.  Learn the Charisma skill.  It's easy to level up during the lifetime of the founder and it will making friends very easy when it gets closer to elderhood time.  I had all of mine learn Charisma and it was a huge help with the friends requirement.

I hope this might help you be successful in your next attempt.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #4790 on: April 30, 2012, 04:57:17 AM »
A quick hint on explosions - you have to build a ton of widgets for the supermax, so take them to the junk yard and place them all around the place. Then detonate one and there is a chain reaction that will explode them all.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4791 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:18 AM »
To add to what Pam has said my advice would be to start looking for special and rare seeds as soon as possible. In my humble opinion fishing,gardening or cooking are the best supermax skills for a founder.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4792 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
I know I haven't finished a dynasty like Pam or ratchie but I'd also like to add something.

My second generation of the current dynasty, because of his dad's friends and parties, has managed to meet 3 of the charisma challenges at the time of his YA birthday.  After his birthday, he made the best friends requirement.  With the attractive LTW and Charisma having all but the joke challenge complete., my level 4 charisma Ares Grim meets someone and is their friend and by the time he's done his charming introduction, he's their best friend from one social interaction.   This is huge for making his best friend requirement in case people start dying on me by the time he's an elder.

For the days when you just can't make your Sim go to the science center and the graveyard.   The dynasty lot in Sunset Valley has special/rare seeds to the right and left of it.   There is a nest of up to three on the downward slope toward the Landgraab house and there is a trail of them leading from the bushes to the back corner of the Alto house.   Look especially close near the Alto's little hedge maze thing.  There is a special seed spawner there that can sometimes spawn under the hedge fence they have but is still reachable most times.

For inventing, I would suggest sending your inventor to another country if you have the ability.   Only send your inventor and you should need less than three days to blow it all up.  Everyone in that country will hate that Sim by the time he is done but he won't have lost any relationship back home and be careful.   I had a glitch happen once where things that chained didn't all count towards the 100.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4793 on: April 30, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
I agree! It's very frustrating to fail, but you learn with every failed attempt. I'm on attempt 5 right now. Attempts 1-4 failed before generation 3 turned YA and the one I'm on now, generation 4 is a toddler, so I've gotten farther! Attempt 1 and 2 had an aging bug where my founder wouldn't age up into an elder, attempt 3 my computer had a virus and I did a system restore and it wiped it out, then attempt 4 fell prey to a travelling bug after Generations was installed and messed up their inventories and the only fix was travelling. Each and every one of those failures were disheartening, but I am determined to finish one Dynasty, so I'm going to do it no matter how many times I have to restart!   ;D

I am starting to think that the bugs are the biggest challenge! ::)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4794 on: April 30, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
I am starting to think that the bugs are the biggest challenge! ::)
Lol yeah! That is soo true!

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4795 on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I've got some pieces of advice I'd like to share with you. 

1.  Have the LTW, career, and SuperMax skill of the founder all intertwined.  For example, cooking/gardening/fishing for career, same for SuperMax skill.  Good LTWs would be Perfect Garden, Perfect Aquarium, and Culinary Librarian.  My founder had gardening for her career and SuperMax skill, and her LTW was Culinary Librarian.  Here's a link to my spreadsheet for all eight generations if you'd like to take a look.

2.  Buy the least expensive property and building first.  I bought them in order from lowest to highest.  That puts less pressure on the first generation finances.

3.  Learn the Charisma skill.  It's easy to level up during the lifetime of the founder and it will making friends very easy when it gets closer to elderhood time.  I had all of mine learn Charisma and it was a huge help with the friends requirement.

I hope this might help you be successful in your next attempt.  :)

Thanks Pam, I appreciate your advice,

I was already going along those lines... The founder in this try is a gardener for her career, supermaxing gardening and perfect garden is her LTW.  It is off to an incredibly good start; she's already doing the omniplant chain and hasn't aged up to adult yet.  I still have time to try to get a nicer portrait as a YA before I put it in the museum too.  John Pangrak really needs his glasses.... everything he paints is blurry.

As far as buildings go I do normally buy the cheapest first (although I like the idea of the building having something to do with the character of the sim buying it... good thing the grocery kind of makes sense for a farmer), the last failed attempt was not because of my choice of properties... the founder was rolling in simoleans and could easily make 50k+ an evening.  So I foolishly spent his time doing that instead of putting the drive on in his garden  ::) yeah, Imaidjit  ;D

I had planned on charisma being a freeforall skill... I'll certainly try to put some time into that for the everybody's best friend challenge.  Trick is to decide when to put that drive on.

Gen 2 is on the way.... maybe she'll be the family cook, that'd take some of the load off the founder.

Cheers,
B

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4796 on: April 30, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
Another thing that I do in my imortal dynasties is name my portraits and ice scultpures. For instance in my Simself dynasty I have portraits named:

Rachel founder young adult.
Chaffinch gen two toddler etc etc.

It helps to keep track especially if you have a few toddler pictures where they can all look similar.

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4797 on: May 01, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
I had planned on charisma being a freeforall skill... I'll certainly try to put some time into that for the everybody's best friend challenge.  Trick is to decide when to put that drive on.

If you have your founder/heir learn Charisma as a young adult/teen, they will naturally increase their skill level just by normal interaction with other Sims.  Even talking and playing with infants and toddlers will raise Charisma skill.  A drive toward maxing Charisma isn't always necessary.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4798 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
Small question, really just asking for advice here:

This is for Generation 6 of my Endalausts. (Er.. 2 is a toddler right now.. I like to plan in advance)

I plan on having him supermax an instrument, I wanted to do something a bit different and go for Bass. Obviously, skill challenge is still the same. His LTW will probably be One Sim Band, but bass would be the supermax.. Do you think it's a risk not worth taking to supermax an instrument? I'm referring to the "Guitar Star" skill challenge. Instruments would be his only skills, but he might, for this reason, not get enough bass opps because he has those other skills? Or are all instrument opps the same - Do they all count towards the challenge even if it's not bass?

If it turns out to be too risky, I won't bother putting Gen 6 down as a musician and I'll pick something else. (And a different name, because his means music. ;) )

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4799 on: May 01, 2012, 06:30:57 AM »
I cannot advice you Fez because I have never had any of the instruments as a supermax skill. I am planing on having a musical Sim in my Simself Dynasty but he or she will be supermaxing logic and maxing out piano,they will join the symphonic branch of the music career.

My advice to anyone who plans on supermaxing or trying out a LTW or career for the first time in a dynasty is to make a practice family first.

Rachel

anything