Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250741 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4770 on: April 29, 2012, 07:59:51 AM »
Is this allowed:
my gen 7 marries their fiancee, kicks them out and then Trys for baby

this is in the rules..
No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

So the answer would be no!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4771 on: April 29, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »
You won't be breaking the rules by moving in the spouse of a mortal, but it's not the best strategy.  Space in the house becomes critical by the 3rd or 4th generation and having extra Sims in the house that aren't required for the challenge could backfire on you.  For example, if the mortal marries and has twins, you've got three spots in the house taken up by unnecessary Sims.  Then, say, one of them live an unusually long life.  You could end up with no space when you need to bring in an heir.

As for the issue of having both parents living in the house when the heir is conceived and born, this is from the rules on page one:

"Immortals must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."

Thanks for your explanation Pam. And thanks for caring, that's very nice of you!
Rest assured, I am still in the 1st generation. My founder Alyssa married Gepetto, who already had a son Pietro. I was thinking of letting Pietro marry someone and maybe have a baby too. Since it is so early in my Dynasty, I do not forsee any big problems (I hope) ;)
Besides, Gepetto will be an elder soon, so I expect him to make place for a next generation. That is, after he made a baby with Alyssa of course. Maybe he can even see his grandchild of that baby too :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4772 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:29 AM »
Is this allowed:
my gen 7 marries their fiancee, kicks them out and then Trys for baby

By the time you reach generation seven you will have at the very least seven Sims in the house this is the point where you have to bring in the next generation without moving anyone in. I would reccomend that the generation six spouse is either an adult for a female spouse or elder for a male spouse so that they die pretty soon after bringing in generation seven.

What would be the point of moving someone in which would fill up the house meaning that you would have to wait for the spare person to die before you could bring in the next generation.

This is how it works. Generations one to six get married and move their spouse into the house. The only way anybody can leave is by dying. Generation seven has a baby without moving anyone in so you have to make sure that you have a girl for generation seven. I would suggest saving before the baby is born because there has been reports of the watermelon trick not working some of the time.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4773 on: April 29, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
This is how it works. Generations one to six get married and move their spouse into the house. The only way anybody can leave is by dying. Generation seven has a baby without moving anyone in so you have to make sure that you have a girl for generation seven. I would suggest saving before the baby is born because there has been reports of the watermelon trick not working some of the time.

Saving before the baby is born so you can go back in case it didn''t work out the way you hoped, isn't that considered cheating?

Edit: I actually thought that you had failed your Dynasty if your 7th generation wasn't a girl. (I hope not!)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4774 on: April 29, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
Saving before the baby is born so you can go back in case it didn''t work out the way you hoped, isn't that considered cheating?

Edit: I actually thought that you had failed your Dynasty if your 7th generation wasn't a girl. (I hope not!)

Yes, that would be considered cheating.  The only times players are allowed to revert to a previous safe is if he/she encounters a technical bug that can't be first.  You definitely CANNOT use a previous save if you discover having an extra spouse and baby in the house makes the rest of the challenge impossible to finish.

On your second part...  yes if generation 7 is not a girl, you will have failed the dynasty because the house is full and you don't have room to let a spouse move in.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4775 on: April 29, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »
Pam,I would have thought that if the seventh generation turned out to be a boy despite a players using the watermelon trick that would be considered to be out of the players control. If that happened to me I would hope that I would be allowed to go back to a previous save and try for a girl. I would hate to think that a player could fail their dynasty despite doing everything right. 

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4776 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »
Pam,I would have thought that if the seventh generation turned out to be a boy despite a players using the watermelon trick that would be considered to be out of the players control. If that happened to me I would hope that I would be allowed to go back to a previous save and try for a girl. I would hate to think that a player could fail their dynasty despite doing everything right. 

Rachel

It would depend on the situation and if the player used watermelon at all and how much was used.  For example, if the player uses only 3 watermelon and get a boy, that's player error.  Nothing less than 10 watermelon should be the point where Metro decides if it's player error or a technical malfunction.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4777 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »
Yes I agree that it would depend on what exactly a player had done to ensure they got a girl. Personally I would feed my gen six mother to be as much watermelon as possible just to make sure.

If a player forgets to feed the mum to be watermelon or just uses three then that would be player error.

Rachel

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4778 on: April 29, 2012, 09:57:37 AM »
Nothing less than 10 watermelon should be the point where Metro decides if it's player error or a technical malfunction.

This is good to know, thanks!

Personally I would feed my gen six mother to be as much watermelon as possible just to make sure.

I would do exactly the same thing. And make sure that the mother would not accidentally eat an apple. Therefore I would remove all apples from her inventory. Also, watch out for dishes with apples in them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4779 on: April 29, 2012, 10:17:29 AM »
They removed the influence that food made with apples and watermelons made over a pregnancy so it's just plain fruit that can effect it.   Go for 10 and if you're feeling nervous try for 20.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4780 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
Argh ... one more dynasty fails on the cusp of really getting rolling.  Everything completed except level 9 in the career and death came knocking.

Off to restart.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4781 on: April 29, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
Argh ... one more dynasty fails on the cusp of really getting rolling.  Everything completed except level 9 in the career and death came knocking.

Off to restart.
Aww, sorry to hear :(
What generation did you reach?
Attempt number how much was this?
Good luck on your next attempt!

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4782 on: April 29, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
It happens (a lot to me ;) )  My normal big mistake is with the portraits but I had that down.  I had some sweet properties purchased and fully upgraded (hospital & Art Gallery in Union Cove)  Tons of cash on hand.

It was on gen 1.5 - Gen 2 was a late teenager, on the verge of young adult (already had her spouse lined up and her logic skill to lvl 9)
Gen 1 founder spent a bit too much time on his ltw (golden tongue/golden fingers) and earning money with his guitar and didn't gather enough special seeds to really get the money trees running.  He didn't go a day long, deathflower used at 92 (90?) days = fail.  It was a bit of a gamble that he might have a few days to max out his gardening career... his steak plants were planted to finish up the omni plant chain, the crop was going to be excellent, and he was going to be able to start growing books in about 5 days.

I believe that the first generation has to be the hardest in this challenge.  Once you're set with cash flow the purchase/upgrade is easy, once you're set with the house growing up isn't difficult (easy wish points buying new cribs/potties/highchairs etc).  You need the garden & death fish in place for gen1 anyway, easy to keep going.

This was try 7 iirc.  I made several attempts with painters & sculpters as the first gen, one with a cook as first gen, one with a writer (that was a good story, the whole thing was a work of fiction / dream  in her mind.... she fell asleep at the keyboard in the library)  This guy I started out supermaxing guitar and then switched part way through to gardening - he had it supermaxed and it was his career, but I didn't pay enough attention to his age before putting the career drive on -- was spending too much time on making friends & playing guitar for tips.

Next attempt: founder is going to be a gardener again but I'm going to pay a bit more attention to the career.

I don't know if it is a strategy mistake or not, but I've been flagging fishing as a free-for-all skill.  The sims all seem to enjoy it and I think in later generations I'll want to be able to park them fishing rather than jumping on the trampoline or playing in the sprinklers.  I do know that several of those who have completed the challenge have used fishing as a skill for at least one of the family...*shrug*

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4783 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
I believe that the first generation has to be the hardest in this challenge.
I completely agree! You have to do so many things before your founder can become an elder. It will get easier when you already have someone skilled in painting, sculpting and photography for your museum. Just like gardening and fishing for the ambrosia.

I don't know if it is a strategy mistake or not, but I've been flagging fishing as a free-for-all skill.  The sims all seem to enjoy it and I think in later generations I'll want to be able to park them fishing rather than jumping on the trampoline or playing in the sprinklers.  I do know that several of those who have completed the challenge have used fishing as a skill for at least one of the family...*shrug*
This could be fine, but you don't have to. I choose to have 1 heir supermax fishing, because it is an skill that others will not start doing on their own, so then you don't have to worry if someone else supermaxes it. Instead of the logic skill, cooking or charisma. Those are easily maxed by all sims and therefore I don't choose those as the free-for-all skills. But even if you do that with fishing too, there are still enough other skills to supermax. I don't think you have to worry about it. Maybe just try to pick some easy careers :P

Btw, I am on my 2nd attempt, where my founder will be an adult soon. In my first attempt I reached generation 2 young adult and then my game got a little bugged. Now I know those were actually just small bugs (many but small) and I could have continued.
But hey, we get better at it every attempt! Right? :D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4784 on: April 29, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »
But hey, we get better at it every attempt! Right? :D
I agree! It's very frustrating to fail, but you learn with every failed attempt. I'm on attempt 5 right now. Attempts 1-4 failed before generation 3 turned YA and the one I'm on now, generation 4 is a toddler, so I've gotten farther! Attempt 1 and 2 had an aging bug where my founder wouldn't age up into an elder, attempt 3 my computer had a virus and I did a system restore and it wiped it out, then attempt 4 fell prey to a travelling bug after Generations was installed and messed up their inventories and the only fix was travelling. Each and every one of those failures were disheartening, but I am determined to finish one Dynasty, so I'm going to do it no matter how many times I have to restart!   ;D

anything