Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250489 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4755 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »
They do still have a value and they even appreciate, they are just annoying me a great deal at the moment...

The same thing has also happened to two portraits, frame is still there but it is completly grayed out, they also have a value and appreciate.

Maybe tinkering with graphics will help...

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4756 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
Two quick questions....

1. is there an FAQ for this challenge (outside of the ruleset on page 1 of this 196 page thread ;) )?

2. Do different musical instruments (guitar/piano) count as different skills for supermax (I think they would but wanted to clarify.)  Sorry if this has been asked & answered before

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4757 on: April 28, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
Two quick questions....

1. is there an FAQ for this challenge (outside of the ruleset on page 1 of this 196 page thread ;) )?

No, but if you have a question feel free to ask in this thread.

2. Do different musical instruments (guitar/piano) count as different skills for supermax (I think they would but wanted to clarify.)  Sorry if this has been asked & answered before

Yes guitar, piano, bass and drums count as different skills for supermaxing. They are extremely tricky to supermax, but it has been done a couple of times in dynasties before. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4758 on: April 28, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Am I correct to think that I can have my non-immortal marry and have children? But I just can't move the non-immortal out?
Can I move the spous in? Before or after marriage? If yes, then I am probably not allowed to move the spous and children out either?
Thanks!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

AdnaanA

« Reply #4759 on: April 28, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »
Am I correct to think that I can have my non-immortal marry and have children? But I just can't move the non-immortal out?
Can I move the spous in? Before or after marriage? If yes, then I am probably not allowed to move the spous and children out either?
Thanks!
Yes you can do that.
Metro, If my sim is in the Stylist career, gives a makeover to a townie, and then marries the same person, would that be allowed

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4760 on: April 28, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »
Thanks!

Spares/Non-Immortals may breed and marry how you wish - as long as it isn't a female spare having a vampire baby etc. You can move whoever you want into the household but you can't move anyone out but Pets. So make sure you reserve enough space for any future Immortals that need to be born. You can have a Male Spare/Spouse breed outside of the household with anyone I think - as in the Mother won't be in the household.

Metro, If my sim is in the Stylist career, gives a makeover to a townie, and then marries the same person, would that be allowed

I think this was discussed that you are not allowed to move in any Sim that has been Styled by your Sims into the household as the age glitch affects them.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4761 on: April 28, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
A female spare could have a child without moving their significant other into the household but any heirs have to move the father of the baby into the house. Orange Iguana failed their dynasty because they the father of one of the imortals to be was not living in the house when the baby was born.

As far I am aware you should be allowed to move someone in that has been to the stylist as that has happened before they become a member of the household so any decrease in age is not under a players control. Of course Metro can correct me if I am wrong about that.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4762 on: April 28, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »

As far I am aware you should be allowed to move someone in that has been to the stylist as that has happened before they become a member of the household so any decrease in age is not under a players control. Of course Metro can correct me if I am wrong about that.

Searched and found this where Serena dug up a quote of Metro's:

Ah hah! I did a bit of searching and found Metro's ruling about the Stylist career many pages back.
Hmmmm...tough call. To be honest I don't know if I've ever flat out banned that career. I'd really rather not. Just be honest and don't intentionally do makeovers on townies that would somehow give you an advantage in your Dynasty. I know that's easier said than done.  :D
So it looks like you're good, samoht!

Edit: As a side note, it looks like the 'makeover' cheat doesn't have the ageing problem . . . or it could be they've fixed the aging glitch (finally) with patch 1.24.

And Metro replied with this:

I'm glad you found that old quote, Serena. I can't remember everything I've said. Lol. I'll try and use that and clarify the stylist info in the rules.

As others have correctly noted, if you're not shooting for the HOF, do whatever you want.  :D

---------

Okay, here's the skinny on the Stylist/makeovers:

• 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.

I guess that rule which is still there now covers this. As a Sim you were going to move in would give an advantage if you styled them and they gained longer life.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4763 on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »
Thank you for finding that Samoht I stand corrected. Although I cannot think for the life of me why anyone would want a spare or a spouse with a longer lifespan. I spent most of my time wishing my poor spares would hurry up and die.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4764 on: April 28, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
...I cannot think for the life of me why anyone would want a spare or a spouse with a longer lifespan. I spent most of my time wishing my poor spares would hurry up and die.

That got a laughing out loud. :) So, who is going to have the kahunas to make that a chapter title in a Dynasty story, Hmmm? "Hurry up and die!"  ;D

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4765 on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
Thanks for all the answers.
Just to be 100% sure; So it doesn't matter if I move the spous of a non-immortal in before or after marriage?

A female spare could have a child without moving their significant other into the household but any heirs have to move the father of the baby into the house. Orange Iguana failed their dynasty because they the father of one of the imortals to be was not living in the house when the baby was born.

I didn't know about this. So generation 7 is the only exception to what you are saying here?

I spent most of my time wishing my poor spares would hurry up and die.

That's a weird but very funny thought! ;D Wonder if I'll do that too later in my Dynasty.
(my husband just looked at me with a big question mark on his face because I was really laughing here :) )
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4766 on: April 28, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
That got a laughing out loud. :) So, who is going to have the kahunas to make that a chapter title in a Dynasty story, Hmmm? "Hurry up and die!"  ;D

I think Nicky has that at the moment. Wayne in her Dynasty is like 106 Days old. She waiting for a space to open up but he keeps living. Apparently he's died once but her game then crashed mid-reaper-collection and so she lost it, now he won't die, Lol.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4767 on: April 28, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »
Metro, my next chapter will be dedicated to just that. Wayne won't die and I have an invisible cat. My games are always interesting at least.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4768 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:16 AM »
Thanks for all the answers.
Just to be 100% sure; So it doesn't matter if I move the spous of a non-immortal in before or after marriage?

I didn't know about this. So generation 7 is the only exception to what you are saying here?

You won't be breaking the rules by moving in the spouse of a mortal, but it's not the best strategy.  Space in the house becomes critical by the 3rd or 4th generation and having extra Sims in the house that aren't required for the challenge could backfire on you.  For example, if the mortal marries and has twins, you've got three spots in the house taken up by unnecessary Sims.  Then, say, one of them live an unusually long life.  You could end up with no space when you need to bring in an heir.

As for the issue of having both parents living in the house when the heir is conceived and born, this is from the rules on page one:

"Immortals must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

AdnaanA

« Reply #4769 on: April 29, 2012, 07:54:26 AM »
Is this allowed:
my gen 7 marries their fiancee, kicks them out and then Trys for baby