Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250633 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4740 on: April 27, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »
Thanks but I think I am going to restart anyway.  She didn't have her six best friends yet.  Perhaps if she did I may continue with a clear concience.  I'm going to try to test the death flower seed thing.  I can't believe I overlooked a death flower in her inventory.  I will let you know if I find anything out.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4741 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
Thanks but I think I am going to restart anyway.  She didn't have her six best friends yet.  Perhaps if she did I may continue with a clear concience.  I'm going to try to test the death flower seed thing.  I can't believe I overlooked a death flower in her inventory.  I will let you know if I find anything out.

Two questions

1. Did your sim give Grim a death flower or did Grim revive the sim without one?
2. Did your sim have Unlucky or Loser?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4742 on: April 27, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
I didn't see her give him the flower...I guess I wasn't watching that closely. 

She is not unlucky or a loser.

I thought she had the daredevil trait at one time (I didn't give it to her)...but it is not there now.   LOL   I might be losing my mind here.

It is most likely I planted the seed and didn't remember.  I am testing with another sim.  He died with 11 special seeds on him and grim took him.  I have to plant the seeds to see if any grow into death flower plants.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4743 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
Oh great! Another bunch of ice sim statues just disappeared on me, leaving just an empty sockel. This is so annoying.  :'(

Luckily gen 8 is now a young adult and at lvl 8 in her writing career and gen 7 is an elder and currently getting her final pieces done.  :D

Edit: Not even statues freshly sculpted are visible!

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #4744 on: April 27, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »
@Caterina — I am unaware of the fact that a death flower seed can cheat death with Grim. But, so long as you did not knowingly use some banned cheat, I see no reason for you not to continue.

I am 99% certain I had this happen in my legacy-style game - my sim was attempting to repair a dishwasher after she singed herself trying to repair a stereo, and silly me thought the dishwasher was considered a plumbing object. Um, WRONG! Learned that the hard way, that's for sure! :P Anyway, cue the music & husband's freakout, she handed something to Grim, Grim mentioned something about needing to find a lovely pot for this plant and everything went back to normal. She had one less special seed in her inventory, she did have not enough gardening skill to plant them, and I didn't know there was a deathflower in Riverview at the time (I just learned there is one a couple of days ago).

Worked out for me beautifully as I didn't really want to switch gears with Dad and I wanted a choice of heirs (though I suppose that type of ghost baby would've been pretty darn awesome had I fully known about the "oh my ghost!" opp), but I can see how it'd be a problem in a challenge like this. However, I haven't retested the theory and I didn't document it, so I can't provide definitive proof.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4745 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »
I'm choosing my Dynasty's SuperMax skills, and have a question.
Say that Generation 2 SuperMaxes Handiness. If he also SuperMaxes Painting, but his official SuperMax skill (which no other immortal will do) is Handiness, can another Generation Max Painting (but not SuperMax it for their SuperMax skill)?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4746 on: April 28, 2012, 12:58:32 AM »
Phew, thanks! This is something like my 13th attempt, so I really want to finish it.
For real?! I'm on my 5th and thought that was alot. Wow, hopefully you finish this time.

As long as it's not a supermax skill, they can max as many skills as you let them. Just be careful not to limit the skills too bad lol. Good luck with this attempt!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4747 on: April 28, 2012, 01:58:06 AM »
I'm choosing my Dynasty's SuperMax skills, and have a question.
Say that Generation 2 SuperMaxes Handiness. If he also SuperMaxes Painting, but his official SuperMax skill (which no other immortal will do) is Handiness, can another Generation Max Painting (but not SuperMax it for their SuperMax skill)?

This is correct.  The fact that Painting is SuperMaxed doesn't really matter because it's not the designated SuperMax skill for that Sim.  Painting can be maxed for any generation, but cannot be a designated SuperMax skill.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4748 on: April 28, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »
UPDATE:  I completed my testing.  My test sim died with 4 death flower seeds in his inventory and Grim still took him. 

I am betting that I had indeed planted my special seeds and that my founder unknowingly harvested a death flower.  So...I will be starting my Immortal Dynasty over AGAIN keeping a closer eye on my garden and my sims inventories.  Maybe I will try Hidden Springs or Starlight Shores this time.   This past attempt was in Bridgeport.  I wanted to try to supermax  mixology.  She still needs to learn about 5 more drinks.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4749 on: April 28, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »
One more clarification since I am restarting, my default setting for the Normal lifespan is 3,7,7,14,21,21,17.  Is that the setting we want or do I need to pull my sliders to the right?  I don't have pets installed so I don't know if the default settings changed with that expansion. Thanks

AdnaanA

« Reply #4750 on: April 28, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
Yep, that is the normal setting for the dynasty, added all of these up total to 90 days.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4751 on: April 28, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
Use the default settings. If you have doubts, change the lifespan length to something like Long, then move it immediately back without exiting the Options menu.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4752 on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
The ice statues in my dynasty are starting to get irritating, one of the disappeared ice statues are back, the rest is still gone. I wonder what is going on with them...

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4753 on: April 28, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
The ice statues in my dynasty are starting to get irritating, one of the disappeared ice statues are back, the rest is still gone. I wonder what is going on with them...

I know you're irritated with them but since you are so close I'm not sure it's something to stress over.  When you go into buy mode and you pick up one of the bases, does it still have a value?  And because you are so far along, this could be your game trying to save memory space for you depending on your graphics settings. A minor glitch if you will. 

If the bases still have a value, then I don't think it matters if you can see them.  You can ask Metro if they still count for the museum total this way.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4754 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
If the bases still have a value, then I don't think it matters if you can see them.  You can ask Metro if they still count for the museum total this way.

Absolutely it would still count.

anything