Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250679 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4725 on: April 25, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
Simfulicious -
Also - @lila - you can put pets up for adoption, yes.  Pets aren't held to the same restrictions as Sims.  The only thing that's the same for pets as it is Sims is life extending.  No gourmet pet food and no young again potion for pets.

So you should be fine.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4726 on: April 26, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Metro when my gen 2 aged up to YA I looked at his age bar and saw he was half way full young aduly. Do I have permission to use buy debug and harvest some life fruit?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4727 on: April 26, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
Buydebug is forbidden for this challenge.  It seems you were hit with a nasty little bug.  Did you try to go back to a previous save and do the birthday over again?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

AdnaanA

« Reply #4728 on: April 26, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
dont have an earlier save

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4729 on: April 26, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »
Metro when my gen 2 aged up to YA I looked at his age bar and saw he was half way full young aduly. Do I have permission to use buy debug and harvest some life fruit?

Given you do not have an earlier save I'll allow you to have generation 2 eat enough life fruit to compensate until the correct age is reached. But, no Buydebug. You should have plenty of life fruit at this point.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4730 on: April 26, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »
Given you do not have an earlier save I'll allow you to have generation 2 eat enough life fruit to compensate until the correct age is reached. But, no Buydebug. You should have plenty of life fruit at this point.

Surely a much easier method would be to either get a tattoo or a makeover as that doesn't have the same implications as buydebug and those other two methods are thought to reset the age bar and not really provide a gameplay bonus if it is to fix a bug. It's Metro's call though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

AdnaanA

« Reply #4731 on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
Metro I will try that tomorrow but can I just give him a quick tattoo?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4732 on: April 26, 2012, 05:35:55 PM »
Good point, samo. I'll allow a makeover or tattoo.

@AdnaanA — please start getting in the habit of making backup files. You never know when stuff happens.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4733 on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »
Thanks Metro and don't worry I will be doing backups

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4734 on: April 27, 2012, 04:46:45 AM »
Metro, I sent my Sim's potential spouse to the Bistro. He got a popup saying that the food came to the table, but it wasn't what he ordered. Do you want to Eat it or Send it Back?
I thought that this was another chance card and chose "Eat it" expecting it to give my Sim a promotion (I was thinking of the Folk Song popup, where if you choose "Join in" and it goes well, you get a promotion). My Sim, a Mortal, then got the Divine Meal Moodlet! I checked his age bar and there appears to be no visual difference. I may be over-reacting, but do I have to restart? I'm only on Week 1, Day 2, so it's nothing much if I have to, but it's gone relatively well so far.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4735 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:33 AM »
Seabody — you're fine. No worries. I think with the Bistro Ambrosia the mechanic is more of a chance to get that sweet moodlet, but the age bar is not affected. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4736 on: April 27, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »
Metro, I sent my Sim's potential spouse to the Bistro. He got a popup saying that the food came to the table, but it wasn't what he ordered. Do you want to Eat it or Send it Back?
I thought that this was another chance card and chose "Eat it" expecting it to give my Sim a promotion (I was thinking of the Folk Song popup, where if you choose "Join in" and it goes well, you get a promotion). My Sim, a Mortal, then got the Divine Meal Moodlet! I checked his age bar and there appears to be no visual difference. I may be over-reacting, but do I have to restart? I'm only on Week 1, Day 2, so it's nothing much if I have to, but it's gone relatively well so far.

Metro's right.  It only gives the moodlet, nothing else.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4737 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Help!  I survived the meteor that made 2 of my ice sculptures have zero value.  My founder "expired".  The thing is...Grim came to take her but didn't.  I could have sworn she didn't have a death flower in her inventory.  There was one on the ground but it was still there when he left.  Does a death flower seed save a sim from dying?  She had two special seeds in her inventory from the same location as where the first death flower seed was found.  Any ideas?

I'd like to keep playing this family.  I even found out...after she died...how to "serve" sims.  I was trying to supermax mixology for the first time.  I gave up and she was creating her last ice sculpture for the sculpting supermax when grim came.  Anyways,  if having a death seed in your inventory cheats death and I didn't know...can I keep playing or should I start over yet again?...lol.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4738 on: April 27, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »
Metro's right.  It only gives the moodlet, nothing else.

Phew, thanks! This is something like my 13th attempt, so I really want to finish it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4739 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »
@Caterina — I am unaware of the fact that a death flower seed can cheat death with Grim. But, so long as you did not knowingly use some banned cheat, I see no reason for you not to continue.